HMSHost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.4

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HMSHost (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Initial interview with one of the managers and director, at same time; then I got invited back for a second interview with the VP/Corporate Controller. The interview styles on both occasions were conversational. Though I didn't land the job, they all seemed to be a supportive group of leaders looking for highly technical finance/accounting professional.

Hostess Interview

Interview

Applied online via Indeed. Received email yo attention job fair. Brought resume and was interviewed on the spot. Questions asked were How would you describe yourself? What is your biggest accomplishment and weakness? How do you handle unhappy customers? Awaiting to hear back for a decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about working with people?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HMSHost (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I did a phone screening for the Seattle/Tacoma location, and was told that I would receive a phone call from the manager the following week, at a schedule time. I never received a phone call. I called and emailed the guy that did the phone screening, he failed to reply. On 1/7/16, I received an email from him, stating that I had not been selected for the position. Poor communication. I applied prior to Thanksgiving. I am disappointed with their follow through, it would have been courteous to have been informed that they were going to reschedule my phone interview.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I understand if I am not the right fit for a company, but I find it completely unprofessional if the company doesn't have the courtesy to email you back and let you know you weren't selected. After a few weeks and multiple interviews, the Manager couldn't be bothered to respond to me and let me know they weren't interested in moving forward. This is just bad business etiquette!

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past that had a financial impact on your company?   Answer Question

Cash Room Clerk I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HMSHost (Warwick, RI) in July 2015.

Interview

Was called for a phone screening the day after I applied on a Friday.Was told they were going to consolidate the part time cash room clerk position with an admin clerk.
    Was told that I was the perfect candidate and came in for an interview on the following Tuesday.
    Came in for the interview with a woman who seemed to fluff me off. She had another person come in and explain the position and she seemed agitated with what he explained to me.
    I could tell for some reason that she wasn't interested in hiring me.
    She kept giving gentleman dirty looks as I would answer any questions.
    The place was both very unprofessional and very unorganized.
    I have over 19 years longevity at my last job and she kept insisting on the fact that they needed to invest in someone who would be there long term.
    She couldn't give me an answer on the hourly rate and kept insisting it wasn't a management position. I never thought it was and made it quite clear.
    She kept whining on about how they need to hire the right person.
    Received the email on Friday that although my skills and experience are impressive that they choose another applicant.
    Really? I think they chose someone who they knew wouldn't walk after 3 months for a full time better paying job.

Interview Questions

• What did like about you last position?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

I applied on its website. Couple days late, I got an email and scheduled an phone interview. After the phone interview, an interview was scheduled. The interview was not hard. Regular interview questions. No skill tests.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost (Bethesda, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with a few buyers from different sections, they had a list of pre-printed questions, with spaces to write down answers. Many of the questions were rephrased versions of the same question.

Food Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional interview. I was greeted by a rude manager and then forced to walk around an airport terminal while he tracked down my resume, all the while being asked questions about my work history. I had a great first interview with a different manager, but my second interview was a disaster and I'm sure that is what cost me the job. Considering the location was at an airport and I had to come two days in a row and pay for parking, I was not pleased at all by the process. After my second interview, no phone call or letter to let me know they went in a different direction. I was just left hanging.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

it was ok. met with some people. talked. then they asked more questions. and then I answered those questions. They asked some final questions and answers followed. finally they talked about the next steps in the process, but it really didn't happen that way. They declined me at first and then called 10 days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• job experience and how I would contribute. did i like the location. had I worked at the airport.   1 Answer

Short Order Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

There is seven to ten people in the room. We all came to sit in front of the supervisor and was interview one by one. When the whole process was over, she told us we need identification and to be hand-printed to check our background. Once our backgrounds are clear that we would come back and sign tax forms and be trained before we started working.