HMSHost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HMSHost Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

1.9

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

The interview process was quick and informal since it took place during a job fair. The man conducting the interview was actually writing down everything on a piece of paper as I told him the answers. Looking back everything seemed like just a formality. It seem they had already decided to hire me after hearing my availability.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Hamilton, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a relatively easy process. I sat down with the general manager in the food court and went over my past work experiences and had the duties, responsibilities, and overall outlook that the job entailed. The general manager was very friendly, kind, and courteous, and ensured that I understood and comprehended what was being asked of me.

Interview Questions

• The main questions had to deal with my past experiences working and how they would coalesce and fit with the job I was applying for. They also dealt with my general outlook when it comes to dealing with the public at large, i.e., my customer service abilities and how adaptable they were to the current environment I would be possibly working in.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HMSHost (Elizabeth, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

It was the usual questions about experience, school, what was you're greatest achievement, etc, etc. The manager interviewed me and it took around 20 minutes. Wasn't too hard or anything to be nervous about, pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with food service or cashier work?   Answer Question

Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied online, they called me the same day for a brief telephone interview, the next day was the interview in person. They talked to me about the position and if I was willing to do it, after I said yes, they asked me about myself and then, they told me that I had to go for a introduction session the next week.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Basic process. One face to face interview with standard situational questions. As long as you pass the background check they hire you. High turnover job due to weak management controls.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HMSHost (Honolulu, HI) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and easy. I applied through the HMSHost website and got an email saying that I could schedule an interview within the next week. I did that, had my interview at the airport, and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basically on my time commitment and past experience.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Literally go in on an "Invite Only" Mass Hiring event then sit down with prospective Managers. Mostly just a run down of the job and what will be expected. I was hired on the spot, everyone was. So the interview was pretty easy. The real process is waiting on the email after you apply online. However, other than that not much of a wait. You go in talk with the manager and get your badging paperwork (airport job).

Interview Questions

• "What experience do you have"
      "Tell me about your previous job and what that entailed"
      Answer Question

Dunkin Donuts Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost in May 2016.

Interview

It was really easy, and I don't think I even got asked any real questions except for my work availability. I wish I could actually describe anything more, but that was really it. I walked in, said hi to the Assistant Manager and we sat down and started chatting about some of the application process, how I found them, etc. And then they just gave me my background check papers. Nothing to prepare for.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, they call me the same day for an phone interview, after that, I was scheduled for an on site interview in two days, the interview was super easy, got the job the same day.

Barista-Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (SeaTac, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I went to an orientation
    then got scheduled for something called "First Impressions" where we learned how to properly taste test. we tasted black and bitter coffee. then practiced the barista codes, drink basics and how to write on cups.
    After that was over we were given our training schedules.
    first day of training was at a closed starbucks where we learned drink basics/how to make a few drinks.

Interview Questions

• no real questions
      it was a group
      What is your name and what is somethin interesting about you?
      Answer Question