HMSHost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

1.9

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HMSHost (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I did a phone screening for the Seattle/Tacoma location, and was told that I would receive a phone call from the manager the following week, at a schedule time. I never received a phone call. I called and emailed the guy that did the phone screening, he failed to reply. On 1/7/16, I received an email from him, stating that I had not been selected for the position. Poor communication. I applied prior to Thanksgiving. I am disappointed with their follow through, it would have been courteous to have been informed that they were going to reschedule my phone interview.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Interview was relatively quick, sat down with the head manager for the airport and we talked through some basic things. I talked about my international experience which was a great help. Overall very easy. This was a lower level position so they weren't looking for much. Just someone who would work hard and show up consistently.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

For the interview, i sat with the manager at a table and they read me questions to ask from a paper word for word. pretty straight forward questions you would be asked at any other interview.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends and family say is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost in October 2015.

Interview

Just about all the questions were sitting on a sheet in front of me. So I had a bit more time to answer. Manager & hr were very friendly. Only thing I disliked was waiting to be seen first interview was about a 20 minute wait & she kept disappearing. But she was very helpful with my questions. The second interview with hr I waited almost an hour to see someone & she wasn't the one I was originally waiting for. Just thought it was a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (El Paso, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Called in for interview the next day, had the interview the day after that. Had to do a background check, & take class on Airport Safety. Was hired immediately W/in 3 days, took class the following week, & background check took a bit longer because they did it thoroughly

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, was offered the job on the spot.

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Very to the point. It's your typical over the phone, then a sit-down. One thing I really liked about this company, was that they didn't leave you waiting for an offer to long. Actually I received my offer the same day

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to describe your leadership, and know your ports and protocols   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Interview could be with a variety of people from G.M up through district and senior management depending on the position. Could be a two on one interview, or a first interview proceeded by a second interview depending on location and position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have food experience?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Very easy, they were desperate for help so they were not difficult to interview with. Had to wait for the manager past the time i was told to be there. He did not appoligize for being late

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received good customer service, what made it special   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I understand if I am not the right fit for a company, but I find it completely unprofessional if the company doesn't have the courtesy to email you back and let you know you weren't selected. After a few weeks and multiple interviews, the Manager couldn't be bothered to respond to me and let me know they weren't interested in moving forward. This is just bad business etiquette!

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past that had a financial impact on your company?   Answer Question

Cash Room Clerk I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HMSHost (Warwick, RI) in July 2015.

Interview

Was called for a phone screening the day after I applied on a Friday.Was told they were going to consolidate the part time cash room clerk position with an admin clerk.
    Was told that I was the perfect candidate and came in for an interview on the following Tuesday.
    Came in for the interview with a woman who seemed to fluff me off. She had another person come in and explain the position and she seemed agitated with what he explained to me.
    I could tell for some reason that she wasn't interested in hiring me.
    She kept giving gentleman dirty looks as I would answer any questions.
    The place was both very unprofessional and very unorganized.
    I have over 19 years longevity at my last job and she kept insisting on the fact that they needed to invest in someone who would be there long term.
    She couldn't give me an answer on the hourly rate and kept insisting it wasn't a management position. I never thought it was and made it quite clear.
    She kept whining on about how they need to hire the right person.
    Received the email on Friday that although my skills and experience are impressive that they choose another applicant.
    Really? I think they chose someone who they knew wouldn't walk after 3 months for a full time better paying job.

Interview Questions

• What did like about you last position?   1 Answer