HMSHost Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HMSHost Server Interview Questions

1.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviewer showed up 1/2 hour from time my interview was supposed to be, and used a script interview sheet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HMSHost

Server Interview

Interview

Filled out the application online and got called the next day for an interview. When I got there for the interview there were a lot of ppl there for different positions at different stores. I was interview by the food and beverage manager. Pretty much a basic interview for your typical restaurant. I was hired on the spot. Filled out some paper work and came in a week later for my orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

Easy, I've worked for the company before as well. They hire anyone who can pass a background check. It's basically easy questions, and a job offer. They hire continuously, so they let anyone in who is willing to put up with their crap. It's never stable once hired though- the company opens and closes businesses and you will be the first to lose your job with lower seniority.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake you've made at work that you never want to make again?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Bloomington, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview didn't really seem like an interview, you knew you would be hired on the spot once they give you the job application.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2009.

Interview

I heard of the position through a friend who worked for HMS Host. I went directly to the HR office at Sky Harbor. I filled out my application and had a face to face interview. I was asked about general bartending knowledge even though I was not applying for a bartending position. I was hired. There was a drug test, criminal background check, and training. It took about 3 weeks before I worked my first shift.

Interview Questions

• I was asked around 10 questions regarding liquor / cocktail mixing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Base pay + tips. No negotiation. Benefits were good.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

I filled out an application and didn't hear anything for about 2 weeks. When an Assistant Manager called me, he did a very quick phone interview and told me to cone in for my se Ind interview. However, before we got off the phone I knew I had the job because he told me to bring 2 forms of I.D. with me to fill out forms.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage plus tips as a server, you can transfer to another airport or restaurant after 6 months

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Horrible!! 8 hours of videos with a cheap lunch and no actually on the job training.Just threw me into the mix and I had to make due.Interview was a snap...too easy.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I dont like about myself..or what I can improve???A little awkward and personal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy for a minimum wage service job