HMSHost Shift Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HMSHost Shift Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2016

2.1

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Overall it was fairly casual, but a little unprofessional. The interviewer was about an hour and a half late for 10+ interviews. We were in a public space. Some interviews lasted about 10 minutes mine lasted about 45 minutes and was mostly useless banter. Just about everyone got the job due to high turnover.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HMSHost

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Literally go in on an "Invite Only" Mass Hiring event then sit down with prospective Managers. Mostly just a run down of the job and what will be expected. I was hired on the spot, everyone was. So the interview was pretty easy. The real process is waiting on the email after you apply online. However, other than that not much of a wait. You go in talk with the manager and get your badging paperwork (airport job).

Interview Questions

• "What experience do you have"
      "Tell me about your previous job and what that entailed"
      Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Interview could be with a variety of people from G.M up through district and senior management depending on the position. Could be a two on one interview, or a first interview proceeded by a second interview depending on location and position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have food experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Typical interview process. I visited a job fair so there wasn't a scheduled time, it was just first come, first served. Asked about my experience and how I would benefit the company. What my goals were while employed there. Offered a position as an associate with potential for advancement after a month, but I rejected it with all my experience. Got a call back a few days later asking if I would accept an offer as a lead, and I said yes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond to make a customer happy. What was the situation, how did you address it, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for HMSHost?   Answer Question
    • Have you read the job description? What about this position appeals to you, and how will your experience help you be successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a position as an associate, and I rejected given my managerial experience. I got a call back the next day with an offer as a supervisor, which I accepted. No pay negotiation, however.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterfall, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost (Waterfall, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview seemed to go well. I talked to a hiring manager on the phone and then had an in store interview at the travel plaza. She said she thought I was qualified for the position and told me that I would get a call for the next interview, as the next person doing the interview had a busy work load. That call never came.

Interview Questions

• My personal most difficult question was what I wanted to do in the future, as I have a degree in something completely different than what I was applying for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

In order for you to be offered an interview, you must fill out an application via the internet. Once selected, you will asked to come into the employment office for an interview; expect not to be the only person for the interview, there is a "scheduled" crowd of potential employees. Managers and Senior Managers did an excellent job on staying on schedule with potential employees. Once called in for the interview, the managers were straight to the point. They explain the position(s) they were interested in hiring you for, its hours, its pay, its benefits, and the company's history. After the explanation, the interviewer asked basic interview questions such as experience in retail, warehouse and/or food and beverage, hours of availability, previous supervisory positions if held (preferred), "what would you do" questions, and personality questions. NOTE that any supervisor or manager positions required a two interview process; however, if all potential supervisor or manager interviewees are presented and early, interviewers will more than likely elect to perform a second interview the same day. And this will allow them to inform you whether or not you right for the job.

If hired on the spot, you will be asked to perform light paperwork consisting of your I-9 tax form, Airport Security badge application, and other paperwork requested by your hiring manager. NOTE that two forms of ID must be present in order for you to begin processing the same day, be fingerprinted in the Department of Aviation Security office, and etc. If you do not have two forms of approved ID, the hiring process will take longer than two weeks. Once you fill out all the requested paperwork in the employment office, you will be asked to take your badge paperwork to the DOA and you will be fingerprinted.

After being fingerprinted, take your paperwork back to the employment office and you will be instructed on what to do next.

You must take a drug test 24-48 hours after being hired. I would encourage you to do it after your interview. LabCorps is the mandated drug test site located at South Fulton Medical Center. Results will be sent to the employment office. After your results from the drug test and fingerprinting office comes back and you have been cleared, you will be called to come in and take your ID picture pending a customer service online class or security threat assessment. These classes are taken based on your ID classification and job position. This typically happens the day before the orientation. You MUST have your ID to get into orientation. AND you can't do it the day before due to orientation beginning before the DOA office opens.

On the day of orientation, you are paid based on your hourly wage. This, for me, was scheduled 8am to 5pm, but because everything went smoothly during orientation, the class was allowed to leave at 3:30pm. Orientation is two days long pending your position. On your last day of orientation, you are released to your unit (store/warehouse of employment) to attain your schedule.

This was roughly about a two week process. A HUGE piece of advice is to always ALWAYS ALWAYS have two forms of identification on you at all times during the hiring process; state issued ID, passport, birth certificate, and/or a social security card are all valid proof of IDs. All employment office staff and human resource staff members are all polite. Do not mix HMSHost staff with airport staff. I did have one encounter with a DOA office staff member who was rude in telling me she could not hear me. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for HMSHost? What is your reason for leaving your current employer or what was your reason for leaving your previous employer?   1 Answer
    • What are looking for in the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

What is to negotiate? Coming from a company that offer very low pay but high responsibilities and over worked staff, I wasn't up for negotiations. HMSHost offered me an "award."

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HMSHost (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Brief asked me about my previous experience, what kind of skills I have, how I work in teams. Have I work within the industry before. It was 15 minutes in length.

Interview Questions

• What kind of skills do you have that will help you with this job.   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HMSHost in May 2010.

Interview

it was ok, just make sure to get proper rest since the interview may happen before, after or during your work hours.

Interview Questions

• can you open any days of the year?   1 Answer
    • Can you close any days out of the year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none it was take it or leave it since i had no experince under my belt.