HNI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HNI

2.6

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by another phone interview then morning interviews at location with four employees who interviewed me individually and then they took me to lunch and discussed further about the position. Then I was given more information and the benefit information after that. It was a very good interview process

Interview Questions

HNI Response

Apr 21, 2015 – Member & Community Relations

Happy to hear you enjoyed your interview with us!

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedartown, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNI (Cedartown, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Very intense interview process. Entire interview lasted the better part of a day, included interview with direct manager, technical manager, as well as would co-workers from the different engineering groups and departmental managers within the plant. Was taken out to lunch by would be manager and tech. manager. After lunch tasked with watching a process for thirty minutes then given roughly fifteen minutes to gather thoughts to prepare a ten to fifteen minute presentation of possible improvements. After this it was round two of the interviews where different employees from other functional groups as well dept. managers interviewed. Needless to say it was very thorough. The hiring process was different as they requested a copy of your last W2, so that they could make a proper offer, I did not particularly like this part. Either way it was a reasonable offer I felt so I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The presentation after watching the process was by far the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Had to provide a copy of the W2 from the last company I worked for. Ethically I did not like that at all but was left with little choice as the plant I had been working for was being shut down.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

Multi-stage interview process that’s taken very seriously. Expect possibility of more than one interviewer at a time. Interviewers will definitely be looking for appropriate energy level.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HNI.

Interview

It started with a phone interview because I was from out of state. Followed up by in-person interviews on-site. Interviewed with HR, Supervisor, Manager, and Director in the same day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HNI.

Interview

Phone Conversation with HR people they call me for 50 mins phone screening, followed by technical screening through phone for an 30 minutes about the OBIEE and BI Applications.

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 3 rapid fire interviews about half hour each. Interviewers were terrible. One asked one question from the question sheet then asked random conceptual questions out of nowhere. The second asked a few questions, with no opportunity to expand on anything. The third was sick and clearly didn't want to be there. Asked rapid fire basic education questions, then barely answered any questions I had. Third interview was over in 15 minutes. They really need to work more with the interviewers. Terrible interviewing experience. Took nearly 4 weeks for a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Random conceptual question. Explain a time where you had a lack of data that you needed and how you found it.   Answer Question

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HNI (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2010.

Interview

It was well organized. Interviewed in-person on campus and then onsite for another round of 4 interviews. I was asked whether I would like to look at other position too and I did. Very friendly people and I had a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Most were realted their business and how should one look at such business problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes negotiation is possible. Know you market value by researching on websites

Finance and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in October 2018.

Interview

I went through the university career fair. They met with us on campus for our first interview. I then got offered a second interview, which took place in Muscatine, IA. HNI had paid for my travel there and back. We started off with a small presentation, followed by a tour of the facility. After that, we all went into a large room and had three different conversations with three different people. One of the people will talk about your current job and the skills that you have obtained. One will discuss your course work, and one will ask behavioral questions. After that, we were free to leave.

Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HNI in November 2012.

Interview

Had a first round interview at a job fair. The second round interview was located at their headquarters in Muscatine, Iowa. The interview process included 3 one hour interviews. Had to present a project that I worked on that represented the position I was applying for. The interviews were really laid back. They were in a conversation format.

Interview Questions

• Why should the company hire you over all of the other interviewers?   Answer Question

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in February 2018.

Interview

Met with 4 members of the team, 30 minute interviews each. Talked to members of different positions to get a better feel of the team you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question