HNI Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HNI Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at HNI

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedartown, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNI (Cedartown, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Very intense interview process. Entire interview lasted the better part of a day, included interview with direct manager, technical manager, as well as would co-workers from the different engineering groups and departmental managers within the plant. Was taken out to lunch by would be manager and tech. manager. After lunch tasked with watching a process for thirty minutes then given roughly fifteen minutes to gather thoughts to prepare a ten to fifteen minute presentation of possible improvements. After this it was round two of the interviews where different employees from other functional groups as well dept. managers interviewed. Needless to say it was very thorough. The hiring process was different as they requested a copy of your last W2, so that they could make a proper offer, I did not particularly like this part. Either way it was a reasonable offer I felt so I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The presentation after watching the process was by far the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Had to provide a copy of the W2 from the last company I worked for. Ethically I did not like that at all but was left with little choice as the plant I had been working for was being shut down.

Other Interview Reviews for HNI

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

So I went to my university's career fair and got an interview (1-1) the day after. After that interview, I was able to choose which friday I would want to go to Muscatine, IA for a day at their headquarters. This day consisted of 3 rapid fire interviews (30 minutes each) and touring their facility. You could definitely feel the competition in these interviews unlike the first one. After that interview, I got an offer from them the upcoming monday and I am excited to work for them this summer.

Interview Questions

• What drives you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you overcame adversity?   1 Answer