HNTB Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HNTB Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at HNTB

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Informal interview, mostly resume based questions and information about the job itself. Asked when I would be graduating and how far class wise I am. Overall it was more of a conversation about the job rather than an interview as one would expect.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HNTB

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HNTB (Fairfield, NJ) in December 2009.

Interview

2 interviews and two persons

Interview Questions

• why do you want to switch your job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HNTB (Arlington, VA) in October 2008.

Interview

Met with the Chief Operations Officer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10-15 yrs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I should of asked for more.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Went well, not your typical interview questions, the conversation flowed naturally they really try to get to know you, was over an hour long didn’t feel like it though, the interviewer was very personable

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HNTB (Houston, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

GREAT place to work in and great people, environmental HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.

Interview Questions

• Contents
      1 The role of a contractor
      12.7 Accelerated construction techniques
      13 See also
      14 References
      15 Further reading
      The role of a contractor
      Contractors are assigned to a construction project during the design or once the design has been completed by a licensed architect or a licensed civil engineer. This is done by going through a bidding process with different contractors. The contractor is selected by using one of three common selection methods: low-bid selection, best-value selection, or qualifications-based selection.

A construction manager should have the ability to handle public safety, time management, cost management, quality management, decision making, mathematics, working drawings, and human resources.[2]

Function
      The functions of construction management typically include the following:

Specifying project objectives and plans including delineation of scope, budgeting, scheduling, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants.
      Maximizing the resource efficiency through procurement of labor, materials and equipment.
      Implementing various operations through proper coordination and control of planning, design, estimating, contracting and construction in the entire process.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

It went smoothly. One of the questions were What is your weakness? I said I am too hard on myself. It went smoothly. One of the questions were What is your weakness? I said I am too hard on myself.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HNTB in June 2011.

Interview

Panel interview- Pretty much explained my experience, my goals& qualifications.I was hired!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its an excellent place to work. Don't decline the offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HNTB in February 2008.

Interview

Multiple interviews (4-5 interviews/lunches) with various people within the local office, as well as nearby offices, including management. Communication was good, and plenty of 2-way questions. There were some open questions, and the standard "quiz"-type questions -- theories on management, clients, etc. Throughout the interview process, there was a constant "theme" of "4 for 4" -- so much so that knowing this going in would give an advantage to an applicant. When it came time to make the offer, it was done over the phone -- nothing in writing.

Interview Questions

• What is most important in managing a project.   1 Answer

The offer was a very good one -- but there was a real concern about the corporate culture -- almost felt "cult-like" with all the "4 for 4" that was prevalent from everyone. I was looking for atmosphere/environment, rather than just a paycheck. I was also concerned that they wouldn't put the offer in writing until I verbally accepted it. In short, it didn't feel right to ME, but might be a good fit to others.