HNTB Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HNTB Intern Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HNTB (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Vice President on rail division and finance division.
Overall Only 1 interview. No phone screening
No on-site interview.
The phone interview took 30-45 mins
no relocation mechanism for interns.
Work examples are very important in the overall evaluation process.
from interview to receive official letter, it takes 4-6 weeks

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions:
    Tell me more about your background and projects you worked on
    Submit work examples
    May require recommendation letters   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HNTB

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online in October, contacted late november/early december to see if I was still interested. Emailed and talked on the phone with an HR rep who set up the interview. I told the HR girl I could meet on a Wednesday morning or Friday afternoon (this was during finals week so there was no wiggle room), she scheduled it for Tuesday and wasn't happy when I told her that would not work. She also told me I would be reimbursed for travel expense (5.5 hour drive there and another 5.5 hours back) but I never was and when I emailed the HR rep about it, she did not respond.
    I was supposed to interview with 3 people, only 1 showed up. He was very rude, interrupted me while I was speaking before I could finish answering the question. He asked me about things that were not only on my resume, but I had spoken about 5 minutes prior (Do you have internship experience? When will you graduate school?). He checked his phone while meeting with me several times. He was clearly not interested in me or anything I had to say and acted as if I was wasting his time. Incredibly disrespectful to someone who traveled 11 hours to be there.
    The final straw was when he said projects need to get done on time regardless of quality and I was naive for thinking things should be done right the first time.
    I have interviewed for several internships and jobs and gotten an offer on every single one. I have never left an interview with such a bad impression of a company

Interview Questions

• How do you strike a balance between getting things done right and getting them done on time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Oakland, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

the office was set up nicely with pretty receptionist. but the person who did the interview did not seem too interested. they had big projects but it may have not been very interesting.