HNTB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HNTB (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was my wierdest interview experience.
    I applied online for a job in october 2016.
    I got a call in january 2017. It was HR screening. She said she will get back to me in one week.
    No response after more than a week. I followed up. She said she will let me know. Followed up with after not hearing from her. A telephonic interview was set up with a Vice President.
    Talked to the VP over the phone and everything clicked. He said they will call me for face to face by next week.
    No response after a week. I followed up with the recruiter. She said it will take about another 2 weeks to set up a face to face interview.
    No response after that time frame. I followed up. Another telecon was set with the Area leader and VP of human resources for the following week. Telecon happened and after an hour of telecom the HR representative insisted to let them know my salary range expectation. I replied with what my expectation were and it was within what they were offering.
    No response for more than 2 weeks. I DID NOT followed up.
    The HR rep called me if I would be interested in another job that they are trying to fill and has the same salary range.
    I said No thank you.

After talking to so many players involved I could feel the disconnect and internal politics in the Company
    I felt that I really don't want to be a part of a company that has already scared me with their convoluted interview process.

Interview Questions

• Position related questions and how how my experience relate to what they are looking for   2 Answers

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Telephone call from Regional Recruiter one day after submitting resume to position which was positive and in person interview set up within a week. Was emailed a link to fill out an application and a Drake personality survey from an HR Coordinator. In person interview with HR Manager and Administration Manager for an hour with 20 behavioral questions. I was told they would skip some questions if I had already answered it and it covered one of the other questions. They were only focused on behavioral questions and it seemed as if they were picked out of the HR behavioral manual or the Drake survey.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst thing that happened to you in the last 6 months?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you and your supervisor did not agree and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you decide what task to do first when you have more than one?   Answer Question
    • If you are already working on a something that has a deadline and you know you have to get it done today and someone else gives you something and they tell you it's important, how do you decide what to finish first when you know you can only do one?   1 Answer

Inspector I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HNTB (New York, NY).

Interview

Sat down with the PE for the Detroit, MI office. Knew I was going to get the job going into it - thats how this company operates - fair warning.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HNTB (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

First was a phone interview screening with a recruiter out of state. The interview screening was only a 15 minute phone call. There were only a handful of simple questions about skills and interests. I was told that I would hear back shortly, but I had to email back a month later to hear that I didn't make it to the next round. The recruiter was very friendly, but the friendliness may be confused with interest in hiring you.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with AutoCad? When are you available to start? What are you looking for in a company?   Answer Question

ITS Stuff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HNTB (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview for a potential position related to ITS. The person I was talking to got my resume days before. He said their group had a potential project related to ITS. After they win the project, they will begin hiring people. The aim of the interview was to check whether I was interested for the potential position, so that they can keep my resume. The process was quite friendly and I got several information on the duty of the job and the career ladder of the position.

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HNTB (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

1st. I got a call for a lunch interview and a possible job offer. The we had a lunch meeting where HNTB was discussed, benefits and what was expected from me. It took 1 and 1/2 hours between the two of us. I was also ask why I would leave a government job fr a job at the company.

Interview Questions

• What I expected to do in the company.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Very friendly HR and college relations staff. Applied online and they reached out to schedule and interview with the VP. Personality based questions to see if you would be a good fit for the company. Person that was interviewing me asked questions to try to get to know me to see if I would be right for the job at hand. Asked open ended questions. Asked about academic of professional interests.

Scheduler II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HNTB (Golden Valley, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by HR rep who set up phone interview. Had 2 phone interviews with different managers from the MN office before being brought in from out of state for an in person interview. HNTB took care of all the necessary arrangements & costs to fly me in for an interview.

During my in person interview I met with the manager I had my second phone interview with. The in person interview was not anything like what I expected. After being shown around the office & introduced to a few of the project controls team members at that location, the interview (if you want to call it that) was held across the street at a diner while the interviewing manager ate breakfast. I did not eat because I had eaten before I arrived as I was never told the interview would not be taking place in a regular office setting. During the interview that last just under 2 hours, I was not asked any more questions pertaining to the job itself or my qualifications for the job. Questions were more focused on what my hobbies are & what I did in my free time. The only job related information came from me asking questions for the interviewing manager to answer.

I felt that the in person interview was a huge waste of my time with the way it was held & the questions that the manager asked. Plus having to fly in from out of state & take days off from my current job, it was a very disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• General Job Questions during my phone interviews but during the in person interview questions were direct towards my hobbies/what I do in my free time?   Answer Question

SummerCivil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HNTB (New Orleans, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

I found an application for them through some job website and I applied for it. About two weeks later I got an email asking me to set up an interview with them. I went to the interview about two to three weeks later (this was around the holidays so it was hard to schedule a prompt interview). I showed up for the interview and the person who interviewed me was not from HR like one would expect. She was a project manager who hadn't been there for more than two years. She did not ask me any typical interview questions. She merely glanced over my resume, asked me an arbitrary question or two about it, proceeded to tell me about the company (which was the best part sadly), and asked me if I had any questions. I did ask a few questions here and there about company in general, but after that the interview was over. I'd say it lasted only 20 minutes. It was a joke because she clearly didn't know what she was doing. I wish I would've had my interview with the HR manager but apparently he/she was out of town. Which brings up the question as to why would they schedule interviews while their HR rep is out of town? Simple answer, they don't care at all about interns or potential interns. Example: I was told I would be notified of their decision early February (I interviewed first week of January). I did not hear from them until today near the end of March which is absolutely ridiculous. I had to email someone to make sure I didn't miss the email or something. They were just taking forever to make a decision. Turns out they don't even need the position any more and it took you all two months to figure that out!!!! If you're going to have people come in for an interview for a position at least make sure you need that position to be filled!! Complete waste of my time. Terrible interview experience. What a joke of a company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any AutoCAD experience in a workplace setting? (all of the two questions were technical questions)   1 Answer

CAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HNTB (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

First was a phone interview, followed by a panel interview. It was pretty grueling as they wanted to know how much they were investing in a potential candidate. However, it played in tandem with potential work that you can meet deadlines. However, if they did not win the project you were let go.