HNTB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.8

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Phone Interview from regional recruiter,
    In person interview within 3-4 weeks
    Drug testing done and background check was done to most of my contacts.
    Average interview experience with usual interview questions. No real surprises.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HNTB (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, heard from recruiter the next day. Set up phone interview and then on-site. The entire process took 1 week. After the interview, nothing, no contact, no rejection notice, nothing. Extremely unprofessional especially when a face-to-face interview has occurred. Expected more from a company with a great reputation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HNTB (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Vice President on rail division and finance division.
    Overall Only 1 interview. No phone screening
    No on-site interview.
    The phone interview took 30-45 mins
    no relocation mechanism for interns.
    Work examples are very important in the overall evaluation process.
    from interview to receive official letter, it takes 4-6 weeks

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions:
      Tell me more about your background and projects you worked on
      Submit work examples
      May require recommendation letters
      Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Informal interview, mostly resume based questions and information about the job itself. Asked when I would be graduating and how far class wise I am. Overall it was more of a conversation about the job rather than an interview as one would expect.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HNTB (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was ok. First round after career fair went well and then was flown out for second round which tedious. Seems like a great place to work, unfortunately feedback was not positive and no offer

Drafting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Overland Park, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied Online and received a phone call 3 days after. HR was very pleasant and informative. Kept in contact via email and phone calls. Allowed me to choose the office I would want to interview at and want to work at if I got the job. (overland park vs kcmo)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online in October, contacted late november/early december to see if I was still interested. Emailed and talked on the phone with an HR rep who set up the interview. I told the HR girl I could meet on a Wednesday morning or Friday afternoon (this was during finals week so there was no wiggle room), she scheduled it for Tuesday and wasn't happy when I told her that would not work. She also told me I would be reimbursed for travel expense (5.5 hour drive there and another 5.5 hours back) but I never was and when I emailed the HR rep about it, she did not respond.
    I was supposed to interview with 3 people, only 1 showed up. He was very rude, interrupted me while I was speaking before I could finish answering the question. He asked me about things that were not only on my resume, but I had spoken about 5 minutes prior (Do you have internship experience? When will you graduate school?). He checked his phone while meeting with me several times. He was clearly not interested in me or anything I had to say and acted as if I was wasting his time. Incredibly disrespectful to someone who traveled 11 hours to be there.
    The final straw was when he said projects need to get done on time regardless of quality and I was naive for thinking things should be done right the first time.
    I have interviewed for several internships and jobs and gotten an offer on every single one. I have never left an interview with such a bad impression of a company

Interview Questions

• How do you strike a balance between getting things done right and getting them done on time?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB in October 2014.

Interview

Went through a phone screening with Recruiting, 4 in-person interviews one afternoon, and a final phone interview with their Group Director. Then nothing. after a few days of not hearing anything, I called 3 times, left two voicemails over the course of a week - they would not answer the calls or return messages. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Great questions from the Group Director around leadership skills and traits.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

Ask basic questions
    Tell me about yourself
    What is you greatest strength and weakness
    why are you interested in the company
    tell me about a time you dealt with a conflict
    Why should i hire you
    what do you know about our company
    what questions do you have for us
    how does your past work experience relate to this job

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Friendly, welcoming, accommodating, and positive overall. The director of the department as well as a high level engineer interviewed me. I applied online. Within 14 days, HR called to set up an interview the following Monday due to the Director being in the office that day. Unfortunately, I was unavailable at that time. However, HR was very accommodating in communicating with the Director my availability. I was able to get a different day that worked with my schedule. During the interview, it was apparent that the company culture was inviting and educational. Two days after the interview, HR called to offer me the position. Prior to my acceptance, HR continued to contact me to see if I was looking at other companies or had other offers. HR made me feel important to the company prior to employment as well as these first few months I have been at HNTB so far.