HNTB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.8

SummerCivil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HNTB (New Orleans, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

I found an application for them through some job website and I applied for it. About two weeks later I got an email asking me to set up an interview with them. I went to the interview about two to three weeks later (this was around the holidays so it was hard to schedule a prompt interview). I showed up for the interview and the person who interviewed me was not from HR like one would expect. She was a project manager who hadn't been there for more than two years. She did not ask me any typical interview questions. She merely glanced over my resume, asked me an arbitrary question or two about it, proceeded to tell me about the company (which was the best part sadly), and asked me if I had any questions. I did ask a few questions here and there about company in general, but after that the interview was over. I'd say it lasted only 20 minutes. It was a joke because she clearly didn't know what she was doing. I wish I would've had my interview with the HR manager but apparently he/she was out of town. Which brings up the question as to why would they schedule interviews while their HR rep is out of town? Simple answer, they don't care at all about interns or potential interns. Example: I was told I would be notified of their decision early February (I interviewed first week of January). I did not hear from them until today near the end of March which is absolutely ridiculous. I had to email someone to make sure I didn't miss the email or something. They were just taking forever to make a decision. Turns out they don't even need the position any more and it took you all two months to figure that out!!!! If you're going to have people come in for an interview for a position at least make sure you need that position to be filled!! Complete waste of my time. Terrible interview experience. What a joke of a company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any AutoCAD experience in a workplace setting? (all of the two questions were technical questions)   1 Answer

CAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HNTB (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

First was a phone interview, followed by a panel interview. It was pretty grueling as they wanted to know how much they were investing in a potential candidate. However, it played in tandem with potential work that you can meet deadlines. However, if they did not win the project you were let go.

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HNTB.

Interview

Very smooth. Applied online. Got a call within 2-3 business days and got an in person interview within a week from application. Things move really fast and they are very professional.

Interview Questions

• Willingness to diversify your role in the company (very few companies ask this and I think its a great question to have)   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Phone Interview from regional recruiter,
    In person interview within 3-4 weeks
    Drug testing done and background check was done to most of my contacts.
    Average interview experience with usual interview questions. No real surprises.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HNTB (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, heard from recruiter the next day. Set up phone interview and then on-site. The entire process took 1 week. After the interview, nothing, no contact, no rejection notice, nothing. Extremely unprofessional especially when a face-to-face interview has occurred. Expected more from a company with a great reputation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HNTB (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Vice President on rail division and finance division.
    Overall Only 1 interview. No phone screening
    No on-site interview.
    The phone interview took 30-45 mins
    no relocation mechanism for interns.
    Work examples are very important in the overall evaluation process.
    from interview to receive official letter, it takes 4-6 weeks

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions:
      Tell me more about your background and projects you worked on
      Submit work examples
      May require recommendation letters   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Informal interview, mostly resume based questions and information about the job itself. Asked when I would be graduating and how far class wise I am. Overall it was more of a conversation about the job rather than an interview as one would expect.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HNTB (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was ok. First round after career fair went well and then was flown out for second round which tedious. Seems like a great place to work, unfortunately feedback was not positive and no offer

Drafting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB (Overland Park, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied Online and received a phone call 3 days after. HR was very pleasant and informative. Kept in contact via email and phone calls. Allowed me to choose the office I would want to interview at and want to work at if I got the job. (overland park vs kcmo)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNTB in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online in October, contacted late november/early december to see if I was still interested. Emailed and talked on the phone with an HR rep who set up the interview. I told the HR girl I could meet on a Wednesday morning or Friday afternoon (this was during finals week so there was no wiggle room), she scheduled it for Tuesday and wasn't happy when I told her that would not work. She also told me I would be reimbursed for travel expense (5.5 hour drive there and another 5.5 hours back) but I never was and when I emailed the HR rep about it, she did not respond.
    I was supposed to interview with 3 people, only 1 showed up. He was very rude, interrupted me while I was speaking before I could finish answering the question. He asked me about things that were not only on my resume, but I had spoken about 5 minutes prior (Do you have internship experience? When will you graduate school?). He checked his phone while meeting with me several times. He was clearly not interested in me or anything I had to say and acted as if I was wasting his time. Incredibly disrespectful to someone who traveled 11 hours to be there.
    The final straw was when he said projects need to get done on time regardless of quality and I was naive for thinking things should be done right the first time.
    I have interviewed for several internships and jobs and gotten an offer on every single one. I have never left an interview with such a bad impression of a company

Interview Questions

• How do you strike a balance between getting things done right and getting them done on time?   1 Answer