HOSTING Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HOSTING

2.5

Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HOSTING (Denver, CO) in May 2018.

Interview

This was probably the worst interview and company I have ever worked with. HR recruiter lied about multiple parts of the job and salary, and would never show up to their own interview. Run.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HOSTING (Denver, CO).

Interview

A recruiter found me on Linked In and called me for a phone interview where we reviewed my skill set. First round interview with C Level people person lasted 10 minutes when it was noticed I went to same school as cherished family member. Went to Denver office to meet with key personnel - with personality, thought provoking interview conversation to figure out how I think and how quickly I can adapt to a non-standard situation.

Interview Questions

• Someone hands you a brick - please describe three uses for it that have nothing to do with building.   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Interview

After applying through the company site, I received a phone call from a very pleasant HR associate. The conversation was comfortable and enjoyable but not too informative. I asked a few questions about the job itself, why it was available, what the hours were and she was unable to answer any of my questions. She told me those questions should be directed at the next interviewers. I felt pretty good at this point and was excited to continue the process.

I had a second interview 2 days later with 2 managers over the phone. They both seemed very nice and pleasant despite the fact they were reading from a paper filled with questions. I was a bit taken back by the constant rapid fire of questions. They didn't seem to even give themselves a chance to digest and think about my response. Instead, they continued to fire away. Some of the questions seemed highly irrelevant and pointless to even ask for a support position. The questions reminded me of a software engineering interview, which this was not. Regardless, the 2 interviewers were nice people and provided additional feedback which I found to be helpful. They said they would get back to me soon.

This is why Hosting is probably not for me: after submitting a thank you email and a follow up email a week or so later, I've yet to hear any type of response. I would at least appreciate a generic email stating they decided to not continue the process with me, rather than getting the cold shoulder. Not only is this frustrating considering I had 2 interviews, it also shows a lack of decency and respect. As a web developer and consumer, I would not deal with a company like this.

Interview Questions

• If you could be a superhero, which one would it be?   1 Answer

HOSTING Response

Mar 2, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback, it is candidates like you that help us improve each and every day. We will be sure to pass along your experience and comments to the appropriate managers and team members. We understand your concern regarding some of your initial questions, depending on the position / hours etc. some items may be more fluid, in those cases occasionally managers prefer to address certain items directly with candidates to better understand their individual needs, we would hate to commit to say set hours if your skills were a perfect match and we might be able to accommodate your circumstances. On a positive note this position has not yet been filled, we would not send out follow up information on your selection or non-selection for a role until we have either definitively disqualified you for the role or have filled the role with another candidate. Many times it can take several weeks to select the most qualified candidate. We appreciate you reaching out and wish you all the luck in your continued job search.

Engagement Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOSTING.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by their HR/recruiter. She subsequently cancelled our call once and the second time never called. I was then sent an automated notice that I was not selected for an interview. All in all it was not a positive reflection upon the company.

Interview Questions

• The only question they were concerned about was salary. Very little concern was given to culture, skill sets or prior experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HOSTING (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

The process took FOREVER. The interviews were fine, nothing to note. Senior leadership has all changed since this took place, so it could be totally different now. There have been a ton of layoffs and mergers, so the vibe of the company is completely different.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HOSTING (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quite smooth, first there was a call with the HR person. She's very nice and we had a great conversation for 30 mins. The next step was a second phone interview with the hiring manager, it lasted about 15 - 20 mins and was quite straightforward. It was mainly to ensure any time spent with me coming into the office was worth it. The third interview was with 3 different groups and the interview lasted over 2 hours. It finished off with a tour of the data facility which was very interesting learning about the data center along with seeing the NOC through a window.

Overall, I felt like it was a great opporutnity and I wish I heard from the them after my third interview. I didn't even get a response to thank me for my time. Very strange and certainly not something, if done in reverse, would it have helped my chances. Alas, I like to think that I interview them as much as they interview me and unfortunately, I will need to pass on this company given the lack of communication in the end.

I'm not saying other shouldn't work there but it seems that there is some internal processes that need improvement. In my experience, this doesn't truly happen unless it's a top down AND bottom up approach.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would handle a challenging colleague?   1 Answer
    • My Favorite: Do you consider yourself weird?   1 Answer

No response after a 3rd interview, no offer or feedback at all.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HOSTING (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview first. Scheduled lasted 20 mins.
    In person interview within that week with manager and peer. Basic process, went over my history and what is needed and how can potential employee would assist.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle not process oriented tasks (since its accounting)?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HOSTING (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Very informal, more like a conversation. Just wanted to know about my experience and where my interests were. The interview flew by and the interviewer (CEO) seemed very in tune with office.

Interview Questions

• What is your internist in critical application posting? Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOSTING (Newark, DE).

Interview

Very impressed by the professionalism of the Recruiter / HR group. I felt I was well informed and prepared prior to my interviews. The representative was genuinely interested in learning more about my background to make a good match. The process after the interview was one of the smoothest transitions I have made to a new company, the HR group was so helpful and patient with me and my many questions through the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions were asked I was interviewed by 3 managers, one of the interviews was a group interview.   Answer Question

HOSTING Response

Mar 2, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience!

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOSTING.

Interview

it was pretty typical, there wasn't anything that struck me as odd about the process. it started with meeting with the hiring manager for coffee and progressed from there. after that we met formally in the office. We probably spent about an hour just getting to know each other in a more professional manner. after that it was meeting with the VP of Sales and the CEO.

Interview Questions

• I don't know fi there was an unexpected question but they had me do a presentation for them on whatever topic I wanted. the only thing was that it had to sell something. this should have been my first clue that I shouldn't have gone there. it was pretty close to the old, "sell me this pen" thing   Answer Question

Negotiation

they offered me more than I was expecting, so that was nice.