HP Hood Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.5

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HP Hood (Lynnfield, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was reached out to by a nice internal company recruiter via email, which led to a phone screen, onsite interview and a later a formality call with an IT person in their Virginia offices.
    All seem to have went well but things just went dark. And I had zero follow ups for weeks.
    I had reached out only being told the position had gone to someone else. Besides the being left hanging in the wind everything else was good.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths weaknesses ETC.
      Very cliche set questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HP Hood (Winchester, VA).

Interview

Alot of questions from someone who clearly just started as a HR Recruiter with the company. Never returned any of my calls and said the hiring manager would be calling me to set up a face to face interview. It's been 3months now along with calls and emails. Still no return call. They signed up to help military spouses get jobs but didn't hold their end when you have a good candidate. I'll pass on ever calling or applying to this company again. Job still open. Town has a small population. My background is nothing but HR and federal.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HP Hood.

Interview

Applied on company website and HR called a week later for a telephone interview. Questions were basically going over resume and how you have evolved in career.
    Representative gave the impression that the position was not going to be filled quickly . I called back 2 weeks later to find out the status of were they were in the hiring process and they said they were moving on to other candidates .
    I phoned HR to
    get feedback on why I was not picked for a live interview and did not get a response back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your present job?   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HP Hood (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Went well and quick. The person who interviews for the company is a good person. But they obviously don't know what goes behind closed doors for the actual employees who work there.

Shipping Cooler Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HP Hood (Hatfield, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

You get a sit down with the hiring supervisor. They walk you around to show you what they do there. Ask you simple questions like if you have reliable transportation. They will tell you that it is hard work with a lot of lifting.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HP Hood (Portland, ME) in January 2016.

Interview

Walked me into a room where I met with the 4 supervisors and talked about what I expect for pay and what they expect out of me as an employee.

Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HP Hood (Lynnfield, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR Recruiter from Hood. Had a 1 hour phone interview. They contacted my reference list with a 4 page skill survey. I met with the Treasurer, AP Manager, Eastern Sales Mgr. and their Talent Acquisition Mgr. The interview took over two hours. I thought it went well...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle disgruntled sales/marketing employees if they didn't provide back-up for their expense reports?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HP Hood in February 2016.

Interview

Received a call for one of the many applications I put in. Got a call and had a simple phone interview asking about my previous work history and set up for a face to face with a manager.

During the face to face interview with a manager and supervisor I was asked several questions regarding my work history and some in regards to my personality. Very easy going interview and got to explain a lot of things that some interviewers wouldn't care to let you speak on.

I then got the run down of the position and what it actually entails which is what I expected it to be considering I've read the job description.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Cut and dry with hours and starting pay (based on experience )

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Agawam, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HP Hood (Agawam, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone Screen with HR. Personal interview with Regional Sales Manager. Last interview with Regional Sales manager and Divisional President. Drug Test and background check before the offer is made.

Interview Questions

• How did you make a negative situation into a positive? What makes you the best candiate for the position?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HP Hood in September 2015.

Interview

I found the position listed online from a recruitment website. After I applied online, they called me to set up an over the phone interview because I was not from the imidiate area. The first phone interview was with 1 HR rep. The 2nd interview was with the area and district sales manager. After the interview I received a phone call that I got the internship.