HSBC Holdings Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It took a month to get the phone interviews. Overall the Interviewers were nice, and did not ask tough questions -- they were testing your broad knowledge. Also, not as many behavioral questions as I expected.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was introduced to the team at HSBC through a mutual friend. They recently had two positions open up for analyst roles so I was called in by the Senior Vice President of that division to interview at their main location in Manhattan. My first round of interviews that day was with two Assistant Vice Presidents of that division. After that, I met with the Senior Vice President that initially reached out to me. The beginning of the next work week, I was contacted for a follow-up interview with the two heads of the division. Interviews were lengthy and we mostly spoke about prior work history, academic achievements, and the like.

Interview Questions

• Can you define leverage for me?   2 Answers
    • How are your financial modeling skills? Are you able to learn new computer programs quickly?   1 Answer
    • If I were to show you financial statements right now (statement of cash flows, balance sheet, income statement), would you be able to navigate these documents and summarize this company's performance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an on campus interview, and they called me for the on site interview a few weeks later. There were four managers from different departments, and they were all really friendly.

Interview Questions

• Go through your resume. Any suggestions for the company?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interview... All business... No technical... simple questions ... more interested in your siblings than your skills... all generic talk... from 3 VP's... the were telling more than asking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fixed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Very behavioral, not technical at all. Stronger focus on company culture than you might anticipate at a bank this size. Put a lot of stock into "fit" and "why banking."

Interview Questions

• What this role and why HSBC?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2014.

Interview

This was for a consulting position. I was contacted by a recruiter for interview. When I went in I met the VP the questions were the general interview questions such as talking about my resume. Then she called another VP who I would be supporting and we had an interview over the phone. After the interview I thought it was fine and then the recruiter told me since it is a consulting role it usually moves fast. Towards the end of the week I was contacted by the recruiter that I got the position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2012.

Interview

apply on line and contacted by HR for the first round of telephone interview about 15 minutes for the general background and motivation test. Then the first round of interview at the HSBC Paris Office, 2 analysts 40 minutes interview followed by a quiz about elementary financial knowledge. Then tomorrow the second round of interview with a senior manager to test the motivation and personal experience. One week later, contacted with offer

Interview Questions

• Please cite 3 most important types of costs for the bank.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Canada, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Little Canada, MN) in February 2011.

Interview

There were a total of 3 rounds.
    1. Team member.
    2. Team leads
    3. HR and MD
    Round one and two took a day, which included a skilled test and 30 min essay. Came back for round three after 2 weeks. Received offer also after 2 weeks. Overall, if you are prepared and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2011.

Interview

Phone screening, then a few days later, on site interviewed, then a few days later, offer made and accepted, then backgound check and drug test. since the phone interview, it took about 3-4 weeks. on-site interview was overall nice. some technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an on campus interview and a superday at their NY office. Both interviews were almost entirely behavioral with a few basic technical questions thrown in (nothing abstract). The most important thing seemed to be the ability to answer "Why HSBC" and having some type of aptitude/interest in a specific business line. Good process overall.