HSBC Holdings Assistant Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Was lengthy and very laborious. HR took a very long time to revert between rounds. There was no communication to keep me updated on progress or next steps. There was no negotiation about salary either. It was take it or leave it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

One phone interview and two on-site interviews. First had a call with an internal recruiter; then met with the hiring manager and team members; lastly met with direct manager's manager. The entire process is concise but well-organized. The interviewers seemed to be well-prepared. Some of the questions were difficult but I did not take them personally. Confidence and some sense of humor would definitely help. Do your homework!

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions plus questions about the specific areas applied for.
      -Strengths and weaknesses
      -How to work with difficult people
      -What would your current manager say about you
      -Why are you interested in this position, HSBC and this industry?
      etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

My resume was lying with them for a month or so. However when I was called for interview, it was a
    a whole day face to face interview. Interviewed ith several managers. All the managers were professional and friendly. They asked practical real life problem solving questions.

At the end I met the senior manager, who briefed me about the benefits etc and asked general questions. While walking back, i was given the offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions.Real life practical problem solving questions. Simple logic testing questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

It was ok, the manager does not ask much technique questions as it was an entry level position. just be nice and smart. Also tried to learn about the business a little bit before going into the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Buffalo, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

one interview - we talked more about the industry as a whole than the job duties. it was more of a personal interview than a behavioral interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was offered more than i asked for... so no complaints

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview process was quite smooth, a former worker referred me to a position and set-up a phone interview. 5 days later I came to NY to interview face-to-face with the first interviewer (my soon to be future boss) and 2 more people. 4 days later I received the job offer. At HSBC it is unusual such a quick process. I was lucky to be interviewing with a more forward and efficient manager.
    The hiring process took months. HR asked me to send the same documents many times. And e-mail after e-mail they asked me to send new documents as well. HR super disorganized, slow, inefficient.

Interview Questions

• No hard question, just straight forward ones. Describe your career, why do you want to move to NY, where do you see yourself working in the next 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary, but not to a level that I wanted. I negotiated over the phone rather than wait for the offer by mail.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

4 rounds, one was Brief HR, 2 Skills, 3 Fit for role, and face to face which is last one. Interview started off with introduction and then moved with Experience based questions.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2013.

Interview

To complete a technical test (financial analysis) based on role / function followed by an immediate 1:1 interview session with the Director, middle management and HR representative. Focuses on experiences with client dealings and the capacity to drive top management relationships with those clients. They are able to gauge immediately if you are a good fit and notify you shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging experience / hardest thing you had to do? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

The interview process is structured. The questions focused on past experience. I wasn't asked for the behavior questions during the interview.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question is the one that is not related to my current field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate much. I told them my salary expectation and I got it.

Application

Interview

Resume was processed and forwarded by my Headhunter, I was only interviewed once

Interview Questions

• There was not difficult questions, most were about operations and how to manage it.   Answer Question