HSBC Holdings Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2017

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interview was not very difficult if you are familiar with the business and has some knowledge of the mortgage industry. There is an initial phone interview with Human Resources and then if you are qualified they will submit your resume to the hiring manager. If you are selected you will be contacted via email for an invite to interview face to face with the hiring manager. Hiring process usually takes a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• How does you prior job experience relate to this current role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with HR,told about salary requirements expected,asked about why I wanted the position and some skill set requirements ...then 2nd interview the Dept Supervisor...Asked to tell about my myself,...where see myself in next 5 years and accomplishments I am most proud of..within a week decision was made....Got impression they had someone already in mind

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?
      Do you think you are the best candidate and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a staffing agency recruiter who directly sent my resume to the hiring manager of HSBC Securities. I was brought in for an interview with the manager and some of the team, and then I was given a phone interview by an HR Coordinator

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company or in this specific role   1 Answer
    • I see your background thus far has been engaged in consulting projects, why did you undertake so many and why do you now want a permanent role? (in my case I had undertaken three temp or project-based assignments before deciding to focus on procuring a full-time permanent role)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate. In considering the offer, I would recommend you ask a lot of questions about the role, about recent projects that the group has undertaken, and the growth prospects in the role.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2017.

Interview

It was a 2day process. First there was the aptitude test (easy) containing 59 questions from- reasoning, data interpretation, retail banking & econometrics. 151 people applied, out of which 77 people qualified this round & was called in for the second round the next day. There they again shortlisted 60 students based on the weighted average of marks of all exams (starting from 10th std) & apti score.
    These 60 people were then divided into 4 groups of 15 students each. The GD topics were very easy- GST, Demonetization, Population-bane or boon etc. From each group 6-7 people were selected for the technical PI round. The 27 people who were selected had to undergo a rigorous interview process. Everything was asked from banking to econometrics to excel to guesstimate to logical conclusion to puzzles. From these 27 people ultimately the best 7 were offered the offer letters.

Interview Questions

• Everything. prepare everything: case studies, puzzles, econometrics , banking, current affairs, probability   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

There was great communication. No phone interview just a call to invite me for a face to face. They held the meeting close to me even though the job was in a different city. It was a mix of technical questions (SQL), problem solving and personal questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Slow and unresponsive from HR at times. Interview is easier than expected - perhaps the hiring manager is also a new hire and that's why. But the JD does not align with the actual role they are hiring for.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kolkata (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

HSBC visited our campus on October 2016. They were very friendly and the helped me a lot. The interview was on based mainly on my technical knowledge.There were a few interesting puzzles as well.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

1. screening test. MCQ Types questions.
    2. Case study
    3. Interview with manager
    4. HR Interview
    Screening test is mandatory for every one who appear for the interview at HSBC.Once you are shortlisted form the screening test, you have to give a case study for 1.5 hours.
    Post clearing the evaluation of the same you go for technical round of interview which is generally taken by manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions were generic. Generally ask questions about the Business analysis practices, how we observe them in current projects in current organization etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Generally HR do not negotiate once they declare the salary

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call from hr. Interview has scheduled and it went good.all d questions r based on ur experience nd ur cv. Panel was very nice..overall very nice experience...it is uk based nd came to know abt d company..Hsbc is very good brand nd hr are very nice polite. Some finance based questions. So prepare well nd u vll have good experience nd exposure. Thank you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dint get chance to negotiate. Dey gave handsome salary

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Sheffield, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview with a manager to test your attitude when talking to senior managers.
    2. Given a task to solve infront of other analysts to prove you have a puzze solving ability.
    3. 1:1 attitude test to ensure you present yourself in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• Q: How can we support you to do your best?   1 Answer