HSBC Holdings Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with HR,told about salary requirements expected,asked about why I wanted the position and some skill set requirements ...then 2nd interview the Dept Supervisor...Asked to tell about my myself,...where see myself in next 5 years and accomplishments I am most proud of..within a week decision was made....Got impression they had someone already in mind

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?
    Do you think you are the best candidate and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a staffing agency recruiter who directly sent my resume to the hiring manager of HSBC Securities. I was brought in for an interview with the manager and some of the team, and then I was given a phone interview by an HR Coordinator

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company or in this specific role   1 Answer
    • I see your background thus far has been engaged in consulting projects, why did you undertake so many and why do you now want a permanent role? (in my case I had undertaken three temp or project-based assignments before deciding to focus on procuring a full-time permanent role)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate. In considering the offer, I would recommend you ask a lot of questions about the role, about recent projects that the group has undertaken, and the growth prospects in the role.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

The interview question were standard and the interview lasted about an hour. There were 2 interviews and both had a group interviewing. They asked standard questions and at times the team leader seemed to be in a hurry to end the interview. The vetting process was extremely long. You also have to be checked by the local police department, which is standard, along with your references. All employees are rated by their level of risk starting. Would I apply for a job at HSBC again? No! I was disappointed after working their less than 3 years due to management's lack of real committment to employee welfare.

Interview Questions

• 1. What was your last project? 2. Can you work with others ? 3. How good are your programming skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interview was not very difficult if you are familiar with the business and has some knowledge of the mortgage industry. There is an initial phone interview with Human Resources and then if you are qualified they will submit your resume to the hiring manager. If you are selected you will be contacted via email for an invite to interview face to face with the hiring manager. Hiring process usually takes a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• How does you prior job experience relate to this current role?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

3 interviews ,pretty quick process, 3/4 week background screening. On boarding is very lacking.

Interview Questions

• Clearly HR is completely disconnected from hiring managers. None of the important questions HR stressed got asked during interview with hiring manager. A lot of technical questions were asked but none of the skills is needed on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have good skill and confident, you can negotiate good deal but it doesn't mean you will use those skills on the job

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

group interview

Interview Questions

• they asked us to pitch them a product; also did tabletop questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Mostly relaxed. Interviewers made sure I was comfortable. There were 2 rounds. First one technical and second one an HR round. Followed by a one-on-one interview with the VP.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Phone interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

It was a walk-in for BA mail that I got. On reaching, came to know its a mega walk-in for all IT roles from freshers to Proj Manager position.
    All had the same aptitude test. Out of 30 for BA, hardly 3-4 were shortlisted for technical round.
    Atleast the hiring process should have been intimated by HR beforehand. I wouldn't have gone & wasted my time for an apti test. C'mon who keeps an apti test having verbal, quant (like some entrance test), that too for "lateral" hiring?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Stats focus, Mostly resume based interview questions. There were 3 rounds of interviews. First one was telephonic, Second was one to one taken by SVP. Third interview was taken by VP , again one to one.
    Interview process took quite long time at one and a half months. I would say interview was not that difficult. But , certainly depends upon the team one is interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• SAS and Stats interview questions such as questions on sas macros , linear and logistic regressions etc   Answer Question