HSBC Holdings Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with HR,told about salary requirements expected,asked about why I wanted the position and some skill set requirements ...then 2nd interview the Dept Supervisor...Asked to tell about my myself,...where see myself in next 5 years and accomplishments I am most proud of..within a week decision was made....Got impression they had someone already in mind

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?
    Do you think you are the best candidate and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interview was not very difficult if you are familiar with the business and has some knowledge of the mortgage industry. There is an initial phone interview with Human Resources and then if you are qualified they will submit your resume to the hiring manager. If you are selected you will be contacted via email for an invite to interview face to face with the hiring manager. Hiring process usually takes a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• How does you prior job experience relate to this current role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a staffing agency recruiter who directly sent my resume to the hiring manager of HSBC Securities. I was brought in for an interview with the manager and some of the team, and then I was given a phone interview by an HR Coordinator

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company or in this specific role   1 Answer
    • I see your background thus far has been engaged in consulting projects, why did you undertake so many and why do you now want a permanent role? (in my case I had undertaken three temp or project-based assignments before deciding to focus on procuring a full-time permanent role)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate. In considering the offer, I would recommend you ask a lot of questions about the role, about recent projects that the group has undertaken, and the growth prospects in the role.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

The interview question were standard and the interview lasted about an hour. There were 2 interviews and both had a group interviewing. They asked standard questions and at times the team leader seemed to be in a hurry to end the interview. The vetting process was extremely long. You also have to be checked by the local police department, which is standard, along with your references. All employees are rated by their level of risk starting. Would I apply for a job at HSBC again? No! I was disappointed after working their less than 3 years due to management's lack of real committment to employee welfare.

Interview Questions

• 1. What was your last project? 2. Can you work with others ? 3. How good are your programming skills?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

It was a walk-in for BA mail that I got. On reaching, came to know its a mega walk-in for all IT roles from freshers to Proj Manager position.
    All had the same aptitude test. Out of 30 for BA, hardly 3-4 were shortlisted for technical round.
    Atleast the hiring process should have been intimated by HR beforehand. I wouldn't have gone & wasted my time for an apti test. C'mon who keeps an apti test having verbal, quant (like some entrance test), that too for "lateral" hiring?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Stats focus, Mostly resume based interview questions. There were 3 rounds of interviews. First one was telephonic, Second was one to one taken by SVP. Third interview was taken by VP , again one to one.
    Interview process took quite long time at one and a half months. I would say interview was not that difficult. But , certainly depends upon the team one is interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• SAS and Stats interview questions such as questions on sas macros , linear and logistic regressions etc   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

Case study followed by Technical interview. It was a very good challenging process. Case study was a consulting assignment which has to be tackled quantitatively and qualitatively. Post case study interviewer will ask question on case and domain related question. Over all process was very friendly .

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked about domain skills, system analysis and several scenario based questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in June 2015.

Interview

It is one-to-one interview and lasted for an hour. We shared information on experience and expectations on the role. The overall structure has been briefly explained.

The interviewer mentioned about flexible hours in view to contact other offices and may need to have video/audio meetings at odd hour. The role requires certain level of technical knowledge.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2015.

Interview

After an exchange of emails, you will be called for a screening interview on phone.
    They will ask you about your education and experience.
    The skills asked for during the phone interview did not correspond with the ones described on the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about financial instruments used by banks   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Moves pretty quickly depending on the urgency. Interviewers were polite and and there was no stress. Not very technical for me because I joined as an entry level analyst. However, they just test your logical reasoning based on your responses to general questions.

Interview Questions

• If the govt. wants to dig 100 wells in a city/province to mitigate water scarcity problems, what should guide their decision.   1 Answer