HSBC Holdings Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2010.

good

Interview Questions

• mainly behavioral questions-- Give me a specific example of a time when you used good judgment and logic in solving a problem.   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2011.

Interview

Very friendly and straight to the point. PreSet questions to ask by interviewer. Somewhat hard to get feedback based on facial expression of how the interview went. I would recommend having examples and knowing the job description inside out

Interview Questions

• Give me an exmaple of dealing with a wide array of users and stakeholders   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when the outcome wasn't achieved and what you to justify and mitigate the issues?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for contractors directly

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

It was a walk-in for BA mail that I got. On reaching, came to know its a mega walk-in for all IT roles from freshers to Proj Manager position.
    All had the same aptitude test. Out of 30 for BA, hardly 3-4 were shortlisted for technical round.
    Atleast the hiring process should have been intimated by HR beforehand. I wouldn't have gone & wasted my time for an apti test. C'mon who keeps an apti test having verbal, quant (like some entrance test), that too for "lateral" hiring?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Stats focus, Mostly resume based interview questions. There were 3 rounds of interviews. First one was telephonic, Second was one to one taken by SVP. Third interview was taken by VP , again one to one.
    Interview process took quite long time at one and a half months. I would say interview was not that difficult. But , certainly depends upon the team one is interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• SAS and Stats interview questions such as questions on sas macros , linear and logistic regressions etc   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2009.

Interview

The position that I applied is Business Analyst and they will ask you to introduce yourself and how your previous working experience meet this job. And What's the meaning of General Ledger? And what are you going to allocate the time for a new project? What's your desired career path? Why choose HSBC?

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2015.

Interview

After an exchange of emails, you will be called for a screening interview on phone.
    They will ask you about your education and experience.
    The skills asked for during the phone interview did not correspond with the ones described on the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about financial instruments used by banks   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Once the CV has been shortlisted the following process is followed:
    1. Written test- Include the Aptitude Test which is somewhat like CAT questionaire and have various sections like Mathematical ability, Quantitative ability, Graphs and English.
    2. Case Study and its presentation- Used for the Business Analyst profile only which judge the candidates presentation and logical ability.
    3. Functional Round-1 - Functional knowledge questions like mentioned in the below section.
    4. Function Round-2 like a final selection round
    5. HR discussion

Interview Questions

• Question have been asked on the functional side like how interest calculation is done and how it is applied on the account, how cash is managed in the branch and what sort of entries are made in ledger for cash payment/deposit.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

1. screening test. MCQ Types questions.
    2. Case study
    3. Interview with manager
    4. HR Interview
    Screening test is mandatory for every one who appear for the interview at HSBC.Once you are shortlisted form the screening test, you have to give a case study for 1.5 hours.
    Post clearing the evaluation of the same you go for technical round of interview which is generally taken by manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions were generic. Generally ask questions about the Business analysis practices, how we observe them in current projects in current organization etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Generally HR do not negotiate once they declare the salary

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Moves pretty quickly depending on the urgency. Interviewers were polite and and there was no stress. Not very technical for me because I joined as an entry level analyst. However, they just test your logical reasoning based on your responses to general questions.

Interview Questions

• If the govt. wants to dig 100 wells in a city/province to mitigate water scarcity problems, what should guide their decision.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Mostly relaxed. Interviewers made sure I was comfortable. There were 2 rounds. First one technical and second one an HR round. Followed by a one-on-one interview with the VP.