HSBC Holdings Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

Case study followed by Technical interview. It was a very good challenging process. Case study was a consulting assignment which has to be tackled quantitatively and qualitatively. Post case study interviewer will ask question on case and domain related question. Over all process was very friendly .

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked about domain skills, system analysis and several scenario based questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2015.

Interview

After an exchange of emails, you will be called for a screening interview on phone.
    They will ask you about your education and experience.
    The skills asked for during the phone interview did not correspond with the ones described on the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about financial instruments used by banks   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Once the CV has been shortlisted the following process is followed:
    1. Written test- Include the Aptitude Test which is somewhat like CAT questionaire and have various sections like Mathematical ability, Quantitative ability, Graphs and English.
    2. Case Study and its presentation- Used for the Business Analyst profile only which judge the candidates presentation and logical ability.
    3. Functional Round-1 - Functional knowledge questions like mentioned in the below section.
    4. Function Round-2 like a final selection round
    5. HR discussion

Interview Questions

• Question have been asked on the functional side like how interest calculation is done and how it is applied on the account, how cash is managed in the branch and what sort of entries are made in ledger for cash payment/deposit.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

1. screening test. MCQ Types questions.
    2. Case study
    3. Interview with manager
    4. HR Interview
    Screening test is mandatory for every one who appear for the interview at HSBC.Once you are shortlisted form the screening test, you have to give a case study for 1.5 hours.
    Post clearing the evaluation of the same you go for technical round of interview which is generally taken by manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions were generic. Generally ask questions about the Business analysis practices, how we observe them in current projects in current organization etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Generally HR do not negotiate once they declare the salary

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Moves pretty quickly depending on the urgency. Interviewers were polite and and there was no stress. Not very technical for me because I joined as an entry level analyst. However, they just test your logical reasoning based on your responses to general questions.

Interview Questions

• If the govt. wants to dig 100 wells in a city/province to mitigate water scarcity problems, what should guide their decision.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2017.

Interview

It was a 2day process. First there was the aptitude test (easy) containing 59 questions from- reasoning, data interpretation, retail banking & econometrics. 151 people applied, out of which 77 people qualified this round & was called in for the second round the next day. There they again shortlisted 60 students based on the weighted average of marks of all exams (starting from 10th std) & apti score.
    These 60 people were then divided into 4 groups of 15 students each. The GD topics were very easy- GST, Demonetization, Population-bane or boon etc. From each group 6-7 people were selected for the technical PI round. The 27 people who were selected had to undergo a rigorous interview process. Everything was asked from banking to econometrics to excel to guesstimate to logical conclusion to puzzles. From these 27 people ultimately the best 7 were offered the offer letters.

Interview Questions

• Everything. prepare everything: case studies, puzzles, econometrics , banking, current affairs, probability   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Sheffield, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview with a manager to test your attitude when talking to senior managers.
    2. Given a task to solve infront of other analysts to prove you have a puzze solving ability.
    3. 1:1 attitude test to ensure you present yourself in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• Q: How can we support you to do your best?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy Process as it was campus placement interview process, involved aptitude test, group discussion and a one on one interview. Aptitude test was of a decent standard. Group discussion was a generic discussion based on a current affair, Main intention of it was to check the candidate's communication skills. Interview was mainly based on the field of study and problems solving skills were tested during that.

Interview Questions

• How a common problem in our field of study can be solved?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation was required as it was campus interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kolkata (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

HSBC visited our campus on October 2016. They were very friendly and the helped me a lot. The interview was on based mainly on my technical knowledge.There were a few interesting puzzles as well.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call from hr. Interview has scheduled and it went good.all d questions r based on ur experience nd ur cv. Panel was very nice..overall very nice experience...it is uk based nd came to know abt d company..Hsbc is very good brand nd hr are very nice polite. Some finance based questions. So prepare well nd u vll have good experience nd exposure. Thank you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dint get chance to negotiate. Dey gave handsome salary