HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.8

125 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I got 30 minutes phone interview for asking about me some basic questions such as tell me about your strength and weakness..... after 2 days later, the branch manager will call you to have a face to face interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I received an e-mail invitation for a phone interview, along with an online assessment, about 2 weeks after submitting my resume online. The phone interview was about 30 minutes, and the HR only went through my resume IN DETAIL (every single job listed on the resume). Then after 2 weeks, I received an e-mail for a 60-minute in-person interview with the Head of the department. The interview lasted for only 35 minutes, since the interviewer focused more on my fit in the company/team and career goals. Then after another 2 weeks, I got another in-person interview with the Team Managers. This time, the interview was an hour long, and the Managers went through pretty much all the behavioural questions.

I have received a call from HR that they are finalizing everything and will get back to me in the next few days regarding their hiring decisions.

Premium Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Until now received phone call from HR to complete online assessment only, and no respond after submitting the assessment ... someone in hr called but seemed speak very fast and lack of patient

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

it was more like a conversation than an interview. the manager and the assist manager were very nice, asked me my study experiences. phone interview covered all of the questions about yourself and you career plan so in-person interview won't ask the repeated questions

Interview Questions

• could you tell me more about your working experiences on your resume   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a basic interview preceded by a phone call done as a pre-screen. HR department called to ask the basic questions to see if they should forward your resume on to hiring Manager. Hiring Manager did the interview with her boss who teleconferenced in via web cam.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience coaching a sales team and tell me about it?   Answer Question
    • What would you cover in a branch morning huddle?   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for HSBC online, the interview process consisted of 1 phone screening (regular questions, expectations), 1 web screening questionnaire (customer facing questions), 1 30 min in person interviews (Long list of questions)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

it was one of the worse interviews i have ever had. a lady called me for a phone interview and it was painful to talk to her. it was so clear that she did not spend a few minutes to at least look over my resume before asking me those dumb questions. she also places judgement before understanding the situation. she also talks as if she is not interested in you but the list of questions they ask is way too long. there is no need for all those questions if you are going to have an in person interview. oh and i could even cancel the interview because there is absolutely no information about her or the branch information or email or of any kind. i am glad that i didn't go to the in person interview because i can already feel the negativity and unprofessionalism from a phone call. such a shame that i also bank there too ,so knowing they have such poor qualities i might just switch bank.

Investment Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

There are two round of interviews. In the first round, the HR called and asked some general questions such as why HSBC while the managers and supervisor asked some situational questions and go through your cv.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

online application-online assessment and phone interview (simple question)-branch manager in person interview

online assessment is scenario testing (choose the most effective and least effective action)
    phone interview is just some basic questions, she is typing the answer while im answering
    branch manager interview-friendly environment, basic question

i think the recruitment is very efficient, got the reply around 2 or 3 hours after i submit the application online

Private Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I got a call from an HR person to set up a phone interview within a week after applying online. They sent me a link for an online assessment at the same time, which was super easy. 2 days later I had a half an hour phone interview with the same person. Following after questions about basic compliance (any of your family member works at HSBC, do you have criminal records), as well as recent work experience (why quit, what did you do in between), she asked me a couple of behavioral questions (see below.) I did a research and was so ready for questions about the company profile (What do you know about HSBC? Why us?) but there was nothing like that!

Overall it was a basic phone screening interview. The young lady on the phone was pretty nice and supportive. Sounded like she was just reading and filling out the list of questions on her computer screen. No unnecessary pressure or anything. I was told that if I pass this there will be a face-to-face interview with the branch manager in the coming week.