HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

phone interview, branch supervisor interview, branch manager interview. phone interview questions are most situation questions. face to face interview are more about yourself. such as your work experience, your skills and your career path.

Associate Interview

Interview

interview was very professional comprising of behavioral questions and questions directly related to the specific business area. there were multiple interviews and consisted of these two areas. All interviews were one on one format.

Interview Questions

• questions were related to the business area and a short real life case study   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round was a simple phone call. Just had to show that you are able to think in an analytical manner through past experience.

The second and final round was a simple case study (think SWOT, competitive advantage, etc.)
    You get about an hour to complete it, and then 15 min. to present it your findings.

The interviewers were casual, and asked pretty simple questions. Mostly basic behavioural and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two bosses gave you assignments that were due at the same time and you could only complete one on time?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Interview

I applied online. Did the assessment test and was sent a message that I passed. I've been waiting for the next step, 2 weeks later they just send me a message saying someone got the job already.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2016.

Interview

I have passed two period online test. The first is situational judgement test. You have about 22 questions and no time limits. The second one is logical reasoning test. You have 25 minutes to answer 24 questions. Use time wisely.

Interview Questions

• First is situational judgement test and second is logical reasoning test.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Nanaimo, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview asked basic questions. Takes 2-4 days after the first initial interview to find out if you get a formal interview with a branch manager.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for HSBC instead of any other bank?
      How can your manager motivate you?
      Do you know what this position entails?
      Answer Question

ORA Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial 30 minute talk with HR, got a call back saying I made it through. The call with HR consists of behavioral and situational questions, no technical questions. At the branch I was asked similar questions to talk about myself and answer simple HR questions that were basically check listed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, describe one time you had to resolve a conflict with a teammate, a sales pitch that was difficult, etc.   Answer Question

Client Service Representatives Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

This is the first phone interview from HSBC for the csr position, it took about 30 minutes and it is not that easy as there are some situational questions and some questions ................

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Applied through company website and completed personal assessment. Within a couple of days was contacted by HSBC for a phone interview. The phone interview contained some administrative questions (availability, location, etc.) and the remainder of the interview consisted of behavioural questions and questions about my work experience. After roughly one day I was contacted for an interview in the branch. This interview was very casual and contained mostly behavioural questions.

The interview was tailored around sales and achieving sales goals so be comfortable in describing your sales approach and how you will be successful.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you and how do you define success?
      how would you build a relationship with your coworkers at a new job?
      Tell us of a time you had trouble communicating something effectively?
      How would you deal with an upset customer?
      Tell us of a time you were unable to reach sales targets and how did you overcome this?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I am proceeding to the second round which is in-person interview. It took about one week to process my application, and received a phone interview after I submitted my application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what about your strength. What is your availability.   Answer Question