HSBC Holdings Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

2.9

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying and completing online screening test, I was phoned and asked some questions about my previous jobs and CV, I was then booked in for a telephone interview which was competency based

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Cashier Interview

Interview

interview after online tests, easy flowing, simple questions. specific occasions when you have demonstrated a particular skill. Know your strengths and be prepared to give examples of when you have demonstrated relevant skills. Focus on your role in these situations and the outcomes. These examples don't have to be drawn from work.

Interview Questions

• about yourself, company, sector   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was competency based against the HSBC values.

I was asked 5 competency based questions and 2 questions about myself e.g. "Tell me a little bit about yourself?" and "Where would you like to be 5 years time?". The questions were not too hard but it can be hard to think about an appropriate example to give. The interview lasted about 1 hour.

Overall, the interview was quite relaxed and the interviewer was really nice and quite patient as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you taught someone something?

Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer?

Tell me about a time that worked in a team and solved a disagreement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

It was very easy. The interviewer was calmed and relaxed. He tried to ease me in by asking how my journey was and stuff and then he got straight into the questions. He asked me about myself and then he got right into the competency questions. It was a bit hard to think of the answers but he was very patient and kind

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

It was okay, situational questions, many online tests before interview. Interviewer was okay. Standard questions, nothing personal. Seems like too many applications to get through................ ............ ....... .......... ........

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online, then was asked to do two test, after passing the test I was called to talk about my cv then a telephone interview was conducted lasting 30 mins. One week later a face to face interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2018.

Interview

Had phone interview with them, which was really bad. Couldn’t understand a word a lady was saying. I had to repeat myself all the time. She was asking far too many questions regarding just one question, for example she asked me about a time when I experienced something difficult. So I told her about the situation and then she asked many questions within that question. I didn’t see a point why.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided an excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2018.

Interview

Harder than I expected I had 4 sides of a5 written down as prep and none of it applied. I was asked 3 questions and bit by bit my answers were torn apart and scrutinised like an interrogation I didn’t feel at all at ease during the interview which was a shame.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have turned a negative customer experience into a positive one?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you found something a challenge and how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Online application form- fairly straight forward

Online Assessment- 16 scenario questions to test customer service skills

Telephone Screening Interview- 30 minute interview asking about specific times you have provided customer service. Called later than scheduled appointment. Kept being rushed and interrupted when answering questions.

Face-to-Face Interview

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you have given excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Face to face interview with two members of management. pretty straight froward questions. management was friendly and put me at ease making the process easier and more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have gone above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question