HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. The interviewer was disorganized but said that my information would be passed along to the hiring manager and that they would be in contact for an in-person interview. That was 2 months ago and the HR member has totally ignored my emails and calls. Very unprofessional.

Co-op Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

1. HR interview in Feb
       - If passed, they will notify u within a month
    2. Line manager interview in June
       - If passed, u will get further call from HR within 3 days

Interview Questions

• For HR interview, its more about behaviour interview
      For Line manager, the questions are based on CV   1 Answer

Negotiation

Contract period

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

Phone followed by in person interview. Very specific technical requirements and lengthy discussion on Sdlc methodologies. Interview er looking for responses in smart format. Very interesting with information sharing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating as they exceeded my old salary by 10 percent

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL).

Interview

There was a phone interview followed up by an in person interview with approximately 6 people

Associate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone calls, no in-person reviews.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Manager Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

3 interviews one with HR, senior manager,and director. All three interviews had me walk them through my résumé. Standard question of why I was looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• What do you want from a job? What prompted you to get the promotion in your last job? Do you read any professional journals? What is fair lending? Who do you give presentations to and how often. Do you have experience with SaS? Do you have experience pulling data from other sources. Is it great volumes of data? Did you work with other departments?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

First, a customary phone interview with HR/recruiter. Next, an in-person interview with three (3) different managers, back-to-back-to-back. Received a call with an offer with a week of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• I did receive a few scenario questions related to the job. "How would you handle a situation....?" type questions. Fairly straightforward.   1 Answer

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Deerfield, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I met with the Director of Internal Audit. He was very pleasant and gave me an excellent overview of the roles and responsibilities of the job. This included the hiring process through the first six months of employment. I really enjoyed the process and subsequent job.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview was conducted by phone first and then round robin style one on one with manager and director. The Q's were pretty standard. Just a lot of personal info and the last position q's. Have to keep it light and display confidence in your skills. Personality counts for about 50% success in getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They try to lowball, but you have to stay firm

Senior Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mettawa, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mettawa, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Took 2 months. Phone interview with Human Resources. Met with both Directors and then the Department Head. Not difficult as it became clear none of the individuals had any experience conducting an interview. They ask few question and did most of the speaking. It would be a sign of things to come when I later worked in the department.

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was take it or leave it attitude by the department head.