HSBC Holdings Commercial Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Commercial Banking

HSBC Holdings Commercial Banking Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

Everyone that interviewed me was extremely kind and genuinely wanted me to succeed. The Super Day was a group interview as well as a few one on one interviews, and I heard back within a few days.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the main qualities you believe you should look at when deciding to lend to a client/company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

Take a few weeks to process. In general, everything goes smoothly. First it need answer questions online then they will call you to schedule phone interview. Then there'll be onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, and questions related to the position.   1 Answer

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2012.

Interview

Apt test --> phone interview --> AC --> panel interview --> offer

Interview Questions

• What is your career aspiration   1 Answer

Commercial Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2014.

Interview

First round phone interview is very standard for HSBC. A few introductory questions such as what do you know about the sector and then HSBC. Then 3 situation questions (work preferred) regarding 3 of HSBCs values.
    Expect a question in Chinese/Mandarin, or to answer a question in Chinese for Commercial banking.

Commercial Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

First, fill in the application form which includes several competence based questions
    Second, Online numerical test ( they use SHL )
    Third, if you pass the previous test then logical reasoning test(SHL)
    Fourth, telephone interview ( HSBC Values, the role you applying, remember to prepare examples of the requirement they listed in the job description.)
    Fifth, Situational judgement test
    Sixth, Assessment centre

Interview Questions

• How do you make yourself fit into the HSBC values and why they important?   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2014.

Interview

online applications submitted in Feb/Mar, received invitation to numerical and verbal reasoning tests a couple of days later, and received invitation to phone interview afterwards.

the interviewer was nice, introduced herself, and told me to walk me through the cv and asked questions like what was the biggest challenge you faced? how did you solve it? etc etc....remember to refer to hsbc values

Commercial Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

HSBC online application, then email notification of online test, after online test, successful candidates will receive email notification of phone-in, then schedule phone in with hsbc interviewer, after successful phone-in, candidates will then conduct conference interview

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Applied online through career site: Summer Internships with HSBC offer penultimate year university students the opportunity to gain the knowledge and exposure on which successful banking careers are built. This eight-week structured internship of advanced knowledge and experience development runs between July and August. The internship is designed to prepare high-calibre individuals for a successful career in the financial industry and pipelines talent for our future management programmes.
    Online tests, verbal reasoning, numerical test, passed them then
    Phone interviews with HR and then phone interview with banker

Commercial Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Assessment Centre was taken place in the early Dec. 4 sections during the AC. Topic for research and group interview. I went thru 2-3 online assessments until I got the AC invitation.

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Group discussion and two presentations and then a strength based interview for an hour. Questions include technical and behavioral. Its fairly easy nothing too bad. Interviewers are nice. The process was about 2-3 hours.