HSBC Holdings Credit Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Credit Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

3 phone screening interviews with all the team members and 1 in person interview with the Vice president. Was fairly straight forward process nothing technically all behavioral and fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Whats the most important line item on a financial statement   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back 3 months later out of the blue. There were 3 rounds of interviews - an initial phone screening, an in-person with two hiring reps and final round with Group head. The most rigorous screening occurred in the first in-person interview where I answered a laundry list of questions that were mostly personality/fit questions with some technical banking questions.

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

The first question is to explain p-value to people who do not know Statistics. The second question is to estimate how many taxis the city has. the rest questions are about details of one project in my resume.

Interview Questions

• There are no unexpected questions. All are typical and reasonable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2011.

Interview

2 phone interviews and a super day interview with seven analysts senior and associate level. General Questions and some technical quesions, It helps to learn abt SAS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Portland, OR) in November 2010.

Interview

Introduce Yourself. Practical Question

Interview Questions

• If we will sign a contract with a company, what should we do?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2009.

Interview

The HR department called me for an interview on a Credit Analyst position they where opening in their Monterrey branch (this was back in January 2009). They had seen my resume in my college's database and thought I was qualified for the job.

I went to the interview, and to my dismay was interviewed by a very unprofessional woman, who couldn't stay focused (mobile phone use), and made some assumptions just by an accessory I was wearing (immediately asking if I knew the salary offer of the position, which I responded with a yes).

She asked why I thought I was qualified to get the job, and why I wanted it.

That's it.

Interview Questions

• Wow! Nice -------! How much did it cost?   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was average.There were more than fifty candidates who have applied for this role. HSBC is good company to start with, but one will have to go through tough recruitment process. There will be an aptitude test comprising of finance questions followed by one face to face interview and one HR round for credit analyst jobs.

Interview Questions

• Related to Strategic Financial Management   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Long drawn out interview process. Kept me hanging for 2 months till the final round. No offer at the end.

Interview consisted of general and behavioral questions followed by a technical and values test. Last round of interview with senior management again general with the focus on my understanding of what the role pertains.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kolkata (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Written test - general accouting questions,Derivatives questions & Lots ot analysis, general questions about HSBC current market & a essay ques you need 40% to pass test,then a cycometric test for general thinking &managrrial actvity activity however they may also give a financial statement to find ratios or analyse it followed by PI.

Interview Questions

• Prepare financial statments properly to get crack interview   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kol (India)

Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kol (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was in four parts twice face to face and twice online there was a good gap between the two interviews and it took a time span of about two months

Interview Questions

• Why you applied for job at hsbc   1 Answer