HSBC Holdings Credit Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Credit Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 4, 2016

2.8

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back 3 months later out of the blue. There were 3 rounds of interviews - an initial phone screening, an in-person with two hiring reps and final round with Group head. The most rigorous screening occurred in the first in-person interview where I answered a laundry list of questions that were mostly personality/fit questions with some technical banking questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

The first question is to explain p-value to people who do not know Statistics. The second question is to estimate how many taxis the city has. the rest questions are about details of one project in my resume.

Interview Questions

• There are no unexpected questions. All are typical and reasonable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2011.

Interview

2 phone interviews and a super day interview with seven analysts senior and associate level. General Questions and some technical quesions, It helps to learn abt SAS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Portland, OR) in November 2010.

Interview

Introduce Yourself. Practical Question

Interview Questions

• If we will sign a contract with a company, what should we do?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2009.

Interview

The HR department called me for an interview on a Credit Analyst position they where opening in their Monterrey branch (this was back in January 2009). They had seen my resume in my college's database and thought I was qualified for the job.

I went to the interview, and to my dismay was interviewed by a very unprofessional woman, who couldn't stay focused (mobile phone use), and made some assumptions just by an accessory I was wearing (immediately asking if I knew the salary offer of the position, which I responded with a yes).

She asked why I thought I was qualified to get the job, and why I wanted it.

That's it.

Interview Questions

• Wow! Nice -------! How much did it cost?   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kolkata (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Written test - general accouting questions,Derivatives questions & Lots ot analysis, general questions about HSBC current market & a essay ques you need 40% to pass test,then a cycometric test for general thinking &managrrial actvity activity however they may also give a financial statement to find ratios or analyse it followed by PI.

Interview Questions

• Prepare financial statments properly to get crack interview   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very impersonal phone screening interview with heavily accented lady who was extremely difficult to understand. Kept having to ask her to repeat the question, repeatedly to the point where it was embarrassing.

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

Screening-telephone interview-3 one-to-one interviews

Interview Questions

• Experience of working under procure? ( with respect to HSBC values)   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

Consisted of several questions from a panel of judges, some personal and technical:

1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. Why HSBC?
    3. something about how you solved a problem
    4. some technical questions like: if you were to lend money to a business, what factors would you consider?
    5. If a client is very angry, how would you handle the situation?

Interview lasted more than 30 minutes. The panel then said I would have to wait for 2 weeks to 1 month for a reply if accepted.

Interview Questions

• "If a client is very angry, how would you handle the situation?"

I tried to answer it to my best ability. Just said whatever came to my head at that time.
      1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2010.

Interview

The interview process was fairly normal. There was a job posting I applied for. I received a call to have an interview. I had an in person 1:1 interview followed by a panel interview a week or two later. I took some online test that I do not feel anyone even read and then received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate