HSBC Holdings Customer Service Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2017

2.6

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Executive Interview

Interview

Applied via job recruiter.
Grammar test, oral test and interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Interview rounds were JAM , Online English Test , Value Assessment test , Voice and accent round , HR Interview , Presentation.
    Overall Interview experience was good and it may take full day for selection of candidates.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the position we are recruiting ?   Answer Question

For persuing higher studies

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 2.5 weeks to complete. The first round was resume screening, followed by grammar test, then they conducted a group discussion, finally ending with telephonic interview for the day. I was selected for the HD process. The last operations round was conducted after 2 weeks in the main office in Hyd. Every round was an elimination round.

Interview Questions

• the telephonic interview had some questions like these-
      what are your views about children's personality being determined by parents?
      Do you think respecting everyone is mandatory and why?   Answer Question

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The interview was easy, i applied through a consultancy, the interview consisted of 4 rounds, i applied on around may 2016, got an offer after a month, the back ground varification is detailed.

Interview Questions

• Behaviour question, scenario based   1 Answer

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

The question asked were not very tough..it was more to do with the confidence level.and they asked basic questions of customer service.and it was for around 1 hour.they were two people who took it.and the man was the manager of ops profile.it was more banking related questions.about HSBC history and how the banking industry works

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Visakhapatnam (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

All are easy if you have just know "ENGLISH"..:)
    But I request you people please finish the process as soon as you can and don't pass valuable time of the candidate in the name of "no requirement" right now..:(

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Cairo (Egypt)) in December 2015.

Interview

At first there is an over the phone interview, someone from HR will call you speak to you for a couple of minutes and ask you to come to the site.
    When you go to the site you will first fill in some documents then have an English test that consists of parts (Reading, Writing & listening) that will take about 30 minutes.
    After that you will have an over the phone test with someone who isn't Egyptian that will text your English and you ability to argue and make a conversation.
    After you pass that, you will have an interview with the hiring manager that will focus on you and your personality, they will ask about what you have done, how you are going to add to them, the things you like to do, give you some situations and ask you how to solve them.
    After you pass that you will have an HR interview which is the easiest part, you will sit with the HR manager and speak for like 20 minutes, they will ask about your skills where do you want to go after this job and what department do you want to work in after a while. Where do you see yourself in 5 years and all the basic HR questions.
    If you pass they will tell you that you are accepted and offer you a contract.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to add to HSBC?
      Why should we hire you?
      What makes your right for this job?
      How do you learn new things?
      Which bank department attracts you the most?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't actually a negotiation phase as i signed what they offered me because it seemed fair and good

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Cairo (Egypt)) in July 2015.

Interview

The start was through an over the phone interview. Then I had an English test, phone test, and then the final interview. The last three took place on the same day. It was tiring and people got eliminated throughout the day. The English test was tricky so make sure you either is that good or study before the test. The phone test needed nerves of steel & the interview was easy. No hard questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I play well with others   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't given any option to negotiate even when I wanted to. They make their decision and that is it.

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Visakhapatnam (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

General Aptitude Test (Options, Passages, Basic English grammar), Voice Assessment Round, Telephone Etiquites, Personal Round, HR Round, Management Round. General Aptitude Test (Options, Passages, Basic English grammar), Voice Assessment Round, Telephone Etiquites, Personal Round, HR Round, Management Round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why did u opt for this job when u have much more qualification, How early can you join, do u need leaves for the first 6 month. Would you leave this company after one year etc.,.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiations, They offer the least in the Industry.

Customer Service Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in April 2014.

Interview

Had an online test and passed, therefore offered a face to face interview. I was phoned on a Tuesday afternoon and interview time for 10am on the Wednesday. Not too concerned as I had done similar job before so had confidence to do the interview. Went in for the interview but asked to come back as interviewer was going in for a tele conference!! Not impressed but no choice had to come back after an hour. Interviewer barely shook my hand and I immediately felt uneasy! Halfway through the interview was asked questions about what my partner does, is is job permanent and why I thought there was no chance of him being either relocated or made redundant! The interviewer yawned throughout the process, this unsettled me even further. Obviously I didn't get the position, I requested feedback and was told I wasn't passionate enough about HSBC. I then asked why the interviewer had asked questions relating to my partners job situation and the reply was" I didn't ask anything that was inappropriate" I did say that they were interviewing me for prospective employee and not my partner. I got not one rejection email but 3, talk about rubbing salt into a wound.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked about my partners job and sustainability of his position!   Answer Question