HSBC Holdings Customer Service Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Customer Service Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

2.7

Customer Service Executive Interview

Interview

Applied via job recruiter.
Grammar test, oral test and interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Employee in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Visakhapatnam (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

General Aptitude Test (Options, Passages, Basic English grammar), Voice Assessment Round, Telephone Etiquites, Personal Round, HR Round, Management Round. General Aptitude Test (Options, Passages, Basic English grammar), Voice Assessment Round, Telephone Etiquites, Personal Round, HR Round, Management Round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why did u opt for this job when u have much more qualification, How early can you join, do u need leaves for the first 6 month. Would you leave this company after one year etc.,.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiations, They offer the least in the Industry.

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

First there was this english test and then i was asked questions by a manager from the operations. Some relevant and some irrelevant questions. Basically they want to know your confidence level

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Colombo (Sri Lanka)) in September 2011.

Interview

First I had a walk-in interview. The recruiters reviewed my resume and certificates and gave a date for an exam. In the exam they tested my English knowledge. And after I got through the written exam, I had a phone interview with Hyderabad HSBC recruiter. She tested my spoken skill of English. After few days, i got a call for my third interview since i got through the phone interview. In my thid interview, they tested my leadership skills and experiences.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage a stressful problem you faces when organizing an event?   Answer Question

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Visakhapatnam (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

All are easy if you have just know "ENGLISH"..:)
    But I request you people please finish the process as soon as you can and don't pass valuable time of the candidate in the name of "no requirement" right now..:(

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Cairo (Egypt)) in December 2015.

Interview

At first there is an over the phone interview, someone from HR will call you speak to you for a couple of minutes and ask you to come to the site.
    When you go to the site you will first fill in some documents then have an English test that consists of parts (Reading, Writing & listening) that will take about 30 minutes.
    After that you will have an over the phone test with someone who isn't Egyptian that will text your English and you ability to argue and make a conversation.
    After you pass that, you will have an interview with the hiring manager that will focus on you and your personality, they will ask about what you have done, how you are going to add to them, the things you like to do, give you some situations and ask you how to solve them.
    After you pass that you will have an HR interview which is the easiest part, you will sit with the HR manager and speak for like 20 minutes, they will ask about your skills where do you want to go after this job and what department do you want to work in after a while. Where do you see yourself in 5 years and all the basic HR questions.
    If you pass they will tell you that you are accepted and offer you a contract.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to add to HSBC?
      Why should we hire you?
      What makes your right for this job?
      How do you learn new things?
      Which bank department attracts you the most?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't actually a negotiation phase as i signed what they offered me because it seemed fair and good

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Cairo (Egypt)) in July 2015.

Interview

The start was through an over the phone interview. Then I had an English test, phone test, and then the final interview. The last three took place on the same day. It was tiring and people got eliminated throughout the day. The English test was tricky so make sure you either is that good or study before the test. The phone test needed nerves of steel & the interview was easy. No hard questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I play well with others   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't given any option to negotiate even when I wanted to. They make their decision and that is it.

Anonymous Employee in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Visakhapatnam (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied for the company through a referral and i got a call from the company in about 2 weeks. The entire interview process has 4 rounds, first was a grammar test, it was a written test. If through, then you go for the second round that checks one's typing speed. It should be at least 25c/min. And then the group discussion round where you have to face questions that test our communication skills. And finally 1-1 interview with a Manager , its more like an HR round where he asks about education, why we chose to join HSBC and expected salary, etc.

Interview Questions

• Fortunately i didn't had to face any difficult question as such.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It wasn't complicated at all, at least in my case as they offered more than what i was earning at that point.

Anonymous Employee in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Visakhapatnam (India)) in August 2009.

Interview

8 rounds of selection proccess was taken place. first 5 rounds from Mafoi placement and services and then 3 rouns from HSBC-HDPI

Interview Questions

• first round was to check on caluculations.. was just like bank test. i belive it is waste of time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not on salary. if i suggest people i would say be firm to dicuss on salary.

Customer Service Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in April 2014.

Interview

Had an online test and passed, therefore offered a face to face interview. I was phoned on a Tuesday afternoon and interview time for 10am on the Wednesday. Not too concerned as I had done similar job before so had confidence to do the interview. Went in for the interview but asked to come back as interviewer was going in for a tele conference!! Not impressed but no choice had to come back after an hour. Interviewer barely shook my hand and I immediately felt uneasy! Halfway through the interview was asked questions about what my partner does, is is job permanent and why I thought there was no chance of him being either relocated or made redundant! The interviewer yawned throughout the process, this unsettled me even further. Obviously I didn't get the position, I requested feedback and was told I wasn't passionate enough about HSBC. I then asked why the interviewer had asked questions relating to my partners job situation and the reply was" I didn't ask anything that was inappropriate" I did say that they were interviewing me for prospective employee and not my partner. I got not one rejection email but 3, talk about rubbing salt into a wound.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked about my partners job and sustainability of his position!   Answer Question