HSBC Holdings Customer Service Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Customer Service Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Customer Service Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

3 Online tests. Numerical(graphs/%/charts) test, comprehension test, situational judgement test. You have to wait for an email to progress to each assignment.

(3 weeks later)
Face-Face 40mins.
Background checks during decision-making process

(3 weeks later)
Feedback on successfully completing interview stage
Offer made and contract emailed

Start date 4 weeks after Contract emailed

Interview Questions

• Elaborate on a time where you have had to make an improvement   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

3 stage based interview process. Applied online on the companies website.
    1. Online aptitude test
    2. Telephonic Interview: (competency based questions)
    3. Personal Interview with bank manager

Took about a month for the process as the position was in London and I was living in Aberdeen. The background test took quite a time as I had some previous work experience from India which was also cross check with all those employers in India.

The questions are of average difficulty and are meant to access our skill sets and previous exposure to the type of certain situations which we could come across while working for HSBC.

Most of the questions are customer service centric as the role was based in the retail banking division of HSBC.

Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Aptitude and Competency based interview questions
      Customer service centered questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2014.

Interview

Very smooth process. Submitted the online application and went through to the next round of online psychometric tests before having a very standard telephone interview. Wasn't expecting the phone call so hadn't prepared but they didn't ask you anything that could catch you out. Next was the actual interview which was honestly the best interview I've ever had (though that probably had more to do with the branch manager conducting the interview than anything else). Felt completely at ease the whole time. Didn't have a wealth of experience and was actually unemployed at the time - but any time I couldn't think of an answer straight away I was given a moment to think of one, and was asked some probing questions that helped me elaborate. Was offered the job shortly after. The only thing that could be improved upon was how long I waited after the being told I had the job before I actually started - 4 weeks plus. So in total the hiring process was approximately 2 months - a bit long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offer you a flat basic salary and then it's your job to do your job well to get pay increases/ bonuses.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Was interviewed by one of the area regional managers who put me at ease and surprisingly he was very pleasant. He asked me a question and let me finish answering each question. I was quite confident with my answers and he can tell if you are making stuff up so I don't suggest making things up. Just be honest, open and explain previous experiences in details.

Interview Questions

• Why work for HSBC? Can you tell me a time you faced a difficult situation...   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

The Interview lasted for about an hour and it was pretty straight forward. Questions were mainly based on previous work experience . Competency based questions.
    At the end they will ask Do you have any questions to ask us ? .
    Its better if you can just go through their updated news , any news products launched for customers and ask them questions based on that if required.
    I did my part well. But the workplace was little far from my Home.
    Because I felt that part they weren't satisfied as they asked me at the end Don't you feel the workplace is too far and you have to travel a long way.
    So make sure you say that you are going to Relocate if you are really passionate to work for them regardless of the location.
    Otherwise just be confident in presenting yourself.
    All the Best.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation when you provided excellent customer service   1 Answer
    • Tell me when you had to face a customer complaint and how did you manage to resolve. What did you learn from that ?   1 Answer
    • A time when you faced challenges but you were able to achieve excellence.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was invited to an online test (Situational Judgement & Numerical) straight away. Then phone interview 2 weeks later. Standard competency questions based on HSBC values (mine were Open and Connected). Then a face to face interview week after that. I am yet to receive a reply from them

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

First I had to do an online test which was mostly answering multiple choice questions based on different scenarios I might face in the workplace.

I was then invited to schedule a telephone interview. This lasted around 30 minutes, and I was asked 3 competency based questions such as "give an example of when you have provided great customer service" and "tell me about a time you have faced a problem and how did you deal with it?". They will then ask more specific questions about your answer so make sure you use a real example because you may be caught out! At the end I was then told that I had passed the telephone interview and would be put on a shortlist for a 1:1 interview.

2 weeks later I received an email telling me I was being invited to a 1:1 interview in-branch. I was interviewed by 2 branch managers. They asked 8 main competency based questions, just generic things such as "tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer" and "tell me about a time you had to adapt to change". They also asked what I knew about the job, and they went into detail about the role. They also asked if I would be interested in working at another branch if they couldn't place me at this one.

I was contacted 3 weeks after my 1:1 interview to offer me a job, and now I have a 5 week wait for background and credit checks so keep in mind that this is a very long process. I applied in August and won't be starting until December.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to adapt to change   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Salisbury, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online - Passed, onto next stage

Online assessment - Relatively fine, ensure you do your practice prior to attempting. Passed, onto next stage

Telephone interview - Only asked about customer service & making difficult decision. Ensure you use appropriate STAR method. Praised for honesty and detail. Passed, onto next stage

Face to face interview - Asked series of capability questions, such as customer service, dealing with change, communication etc. Also asked what i know about HSBC. Pretty standard, inquisitive.

Very friendly and relaxed environment. Phoned the next day from face to face interview to be offered job. Overall process 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Customer service
      Dealing with change
      Communication
      Upset customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

First round involves basic grammar and verbal ability, along with basic HR. Second round is voice, accent and Third involves operations. Worst interview experience ever. They make you wait, wait and wait. A test for patience, worst experience overall. Not a well structured process, bad HRD which doesn't realize the value of time.

Interview Questions

• Why HSBC! What you know about HSBC! Why this profile! Will you work on rotational shifts   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Applied online , went on to take online test and found out I had passed that. A few weeks later I was asked to book a phone interview , the phone interviewer was extremely pleasant , asked a few questions about my background , then went on to explain HSBCs values and proceeded to ask two competency based questions. I found out straight away that I had passed the phone interview so I knew I had a face to face interview. About a month passed and I was invited to my face to face interview , I arrived at HSBC was taken into a small room and was asked around eight scenario questions which lasted around an hour. Overall it would have been a positive experience if it had not taken so much time , the whole process ended up taking around 2 + months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question