HSBC Holdings Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.7

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2017.

Interview

This is the first time in history that I had to cut off an interview. The first. I applied to a position a few months ago in Feb. Didn't hear back. Got a call from a recruiter a few months later asking if I was still interested in the position. Said they were hiring for multiple locations for the NYC area. I told her I was still interested. She then emailed me an assessment to complete and I did.

After I passed the assessment, she did the initial phone screening. Of course, she asked about my availability & I countered by asking her which locations were hiring and what the hours would be. This is where things got crazy. She actually had to hang up the phone and google locations. She seemed COMPLETELY lost and the whole thing sounded extremely sketchy.

The final straw: She calls back and we settle on a branch. We then start to discuss my work history. She asked if I can supply my w2's, paystubs from current and previous employers. I told her that I wouldn't feel comfortable supplying that, as that is way too personal, but I'd be happy to supply her with references. She kept pushing for the W2's and paystubs. I told her that I'd call her back and hung up the phone. Yes, this whole thing is a real story.

I questioned whether this woman really work for HSBC. I looked her up, and it seems that they've just outsourced their HR department. Either way this was the worst interview experience I've had thus far. Never again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Beverly Hills, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

It's very good. And the person interviewed me are very nice. and we have been talking for over one hour and a half, and I did not even notice it has been that long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work in the financial industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

phone call interview first, then manager and branch manager.Surrounded by extremely high-quality talent, which is a great environment for personal development. Talent development processes are robust and rigorously tracked.

Career progress is well understood.

Internal mobility program affords great exposure across products and geographies.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth, First they call you by phone then if you pass the phone interview they'll setup a face to face with you a day or two later. After the face to face interview they'll call back giving you a job offer if you pass their background check.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Applied online, then phone interview where they ask you a few questions (prepare for them), then interview at the branch with two managers (study the company and be prepared). Next is background check.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Overall it is nice experience. First I got the call from HR , then they scheduled a 1-1 interview. I was interviewed by the branch manager directly, and it is about basic behavior questions such as why you would choose HSBC, any experience with difficult clients etc. He also introduced about the company missions and culture.

Interview Questions

• it is about basic behavior questions such as why you would choose HSBC, any experience with difficult clients etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

The interview for me was more meet / greet, there was no difficult questions. I meat worn two people in the branch for interview. The process was not difficult at all.

Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Miami Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

2 month process that starts out with a phone screening and then finally leads to an in person interview with branch manager. Take almost a month to hear back with an offer after final interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that will help in this position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview, they made the app for 10 am but called around 11 am . The phone interview was fast with basic question. they were concerned of how far I live from the branch I was applying for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

My friend worked at the branch and referred me. I was called for an interview and met with the manager. The manager asked me some basic questions on experience and how many languages I spoke. Afterwards I got a call back that I got the offer and then went to do my drug tests.