HSBC Holdings Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2017.

Interview

This is the first time in history that I had to cut off an interview. The first. I applied to a position a few months ago in Feb. Didn't hear back. Got a call from a recruiter a few months later asking if I was still interested in the position. Said they were hiring for multiple locations for the NYC area. I told her I was still interested. She then emailed me an assessment to complete and I did.

After I passed the assessment, she did the initial phone screening. Of course, she asked about my availability & I countered by asking her which locations were hiring and what the hours would be. This is where things got crazy. She actually had to hang up the phone and google locations. She seemed COMPLETELY lost and the whole thing sounded extremely sketchy.

The final straw: She calls back and we settle on a branch. We then start to discuss my work history. She asked if I can supply my w2's, paystubs from current and previous employers. I told her that I wouldn't feel comfortable supplying that, as that is way too personal, but I'd be happy to supply her with references. She kept pushing for the W2's and paystubs. I told her that I'd call her back and hung up the phone. Yes, this whole thing is a real story.

I questioned whether this woman really work for HSBC. I looked her up, and it seems that they've just outsourced their HR department. Either way this was the worst interview experience I've had thus far. Never again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview, they made the app for 10 am but called around 11 am . The phone interview was fast with basic question. they were concerned of how far I live from the branch I was applying for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I got the phone interview the same day I applied online, they didn't tell me when to call and they just called. Phone interview, ask some basic questions. Why you choose HSBC? What kind of customer service did you have before?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2011.

Interview

They call you over the phone to tell you the on-site interview process you go to theon-site interview and will meet up 1:1 with a manger of the deparment.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a call center?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2017.

Interview

1) All candidates ask to give brief intro about oneself one by one.
    2) After that, a role play for the call center CSO, one by one again.
    3) Each of us given a paper to answer three questions by writing down for assessing our abilities to answer email and maintaining coy SNS, eg. facebook.
    4) Successful candidates for 1st round will be request to stay for a 2nd interview, this time, one pax at a time.
    5) They will send you back and assess your written answers before letting you know results in a day or two.

Interview Questions

• 1) Written ones are handling complaints, eg.
      - helpline umable to get thru,
      - never recieved mails, bills, &
      - ...
      2) 2nd interview was "As you have no previous banking experiences, will it be an issue?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Did an online assessment, which then lead to a call back in arranging for a telephone interview. Which was arranged straight away. Was pretty straight forward with competence questions. Interviewer was friendly. Only downside from this experience is I had to wait a couple of months until I had a face to face interview to be arranged.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to face a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

1st round was a written test which consists basic questions on English grammar. 2nd round was HR, where they asked questions about previous experience and why HSBC. 3rd was telephonic, where we will be talking with a HR on phone who asks us to talk about a general topic. Last round was with manager

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

The First stage was the telephone interview; it lasted 30-minutes and was a competency based interview. This stage was pretty gruelling and original since they asked two examples for each competency with fewer competency questions. I passed this stage.

Second stage was a face-to-face interview with a Manager and another colleague. My Interview was in London Bridge however they were not operating normal hours due to the recent incident and all the staff seemed understandably distraught, i offered my sympathies and conducted the interview. The interview seemed pretty laid back and the Manager was very easy to open up to. I talked about my background before we engaged in the competency based questions. I was asked about five questions based on my professional career. The questions were standard questions, nothing too difficult. I spoke highly of my previous role as a customer services personnel and my current employer, who were a top-rated company based on delivering customer satisfaction and my ten years of customer services experience. I also spoke of my academic background in finance and appreciated all that was given to me. They also asked me if i knew anyone who worked for HSBC and i said no.

The interview went well however i got an e-mail of rejection five days later.

If your rejected -- don't take it too personally. I have done enough competency interviews to realise that at times, somethings are out of your control, it is not always about your skills but at times about politics. I could beat myself up for talking too much about academics or, enjoying tough challenges; enjoy being evaluated by my directors but truth be told, there is never a right answer and not everything in life is fair. I would recommend looking passive and pretty beta; looking somewhat unwittingly alpha can be seen as a threat that you might either job hop or may prove difficult to control and if you don't share the same strong sun factor as the Manager, that is probably a disadvantage.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you delivered important information?   1 Answer
    • Offered a new idea to your employer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2017.

Interview

I had a telephone interview for this role, after having completed an application form and taken a situational questionnaire online. The interviewer asked about three questions, which were competency based and required specific examples. Two of the questions were about providing customer service, and the other was one where I had to provide an example of when I overcame difficulty to achieve a result (This was the question I struggled most with). The questions and interview process were not too difficult overall, and my lack of success was mostly due to nerves/lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to provide good customer service   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers, customer service managers and branch manager.
    30mins - 60 mins,long process, but people are very nice, feel little bit stress.
    two parts of the interview, intro yourself first and answer questions , give examples