HSBC Holdings Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2017.

Interview

This is the first time in history that I had to cut off an interview. The first. I applied to a position a few months ago in Feb. Didn't hear back. Got a call from a recruiter a few months later asking if I was still interested in the position. Said they were hiring for multiple locations for the NYC area. I told her I was still interested. She then emailed me an assessment to complete and I did.

After I passed the assessment, she did the initial phone screening. Of course, she asked about my availability & I countered by asking her which locations were hiring and what the hours would be. This is where things got crazy. She actually had to hang up the phone and google locations. She seemed COMPLETELY lost and the whole thing sounded extremely sketchy.

The final straw: She calls back and we settle on a branch. We then start to discuss my work history. She asked if I can supply my w2's, paystubs from current and previous employers. I told her that I wouldn't feel comfortable supplying that, as that is way too personal, but I'd be happy to supply her with references. She kept pushing for the W2's and paystubs. I told her that I'd call her back and hung up the phone. Yes, this whole thing is a real story.

I questioned whether this woman really work for HSBC. I looked her up, and it seems that they've just outsourced their HR department. Either way this was the worst interview experience I've had thus far. Never again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview, they made the app for 10 am but called around 11 am . The phone interview was fast with basic question. they were concerned of how far I live from the branch I was applying for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I got the phone interview the same day I applied online, they didn't tell me when to call and they just called. Phone interview, ask some basic questions. Why you choose HSBC? What kind of customer service did you have before?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2011.

Interview

They call you over the phone to tell you the on-site interview process you go to theon-site interview and will meet up 1:1 with a manger of the deparment.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a call center?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2017.

Interview

I had a telephone interview for this role, after having completed an application form and taken a situational questionnaire online. The interviewer asked about three questions, which were competency based and required specific examples. Two of the questions were about providing customer service, and the other was one where I had to provide an example of when I overcame difficulty to achieve a result (This was the question I struggled most with). The questions and interview process were not too difficult overall, and my lack of success was mostly due to nerves/lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to provide good customer service   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers, customer service managers and branch manager.
    30mins - 60 mins,long process, but people are very nice, feel little bit stress.
    two parts of the interview, intro yourself first and answer questions , give examples

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)).

Interview

there are 4 stages. the english language assessment, role play by phone, phone interview, and 1 on 1 interview..the hiring manager was very nice. you wouldnt feel nervous with him..all went well and smooth for me. however after the last stage, he said will call me to inform the result. till today nothing. at least have the courtesy to inform the cndidate the result.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult situation you faced and how you handled it   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Tough interview process, Questions all related to banking, prepare well about banking to crack the interview You need to be sold on the idea that this place will be of advantage to you. It is important to understand that reputations are often made by working with established people in your field. There is nothing wrong with researching a job, the staff and the facility's background.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Poor, I applied for a full time role and because of the flexible shift pattern they could not accommodate for 4 hours when I was unavailable during the working week. They wanted you to be available from 7am to 12am monday to sunday. I stated this on my application and yet was happy to still received a telephone interview. On the telephone interview when asked about my availability and I informed them again of the time I was unavailable and they did not even bother to continue with the interview. It was a waste of 2 hours filling in the application form and it seems that they did not even bother to read my cv properly.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a very long process, they take long in getting back to you. I initially applied online on September 14 2015 and got my final response on October 30 saying I was unsuccessful., I had a phone interview, which I passed and then a face to face interview. Initially, the job description said the salary was 16,000 and there was no mention of John lewis, however when I went there the salary was around 14,000 and I would have to work for John Lewis (yes you read correct).

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to change your behaviour to achieve excellance, an example of when you gave good customer service, and some questions about team working. In total there was aroud 6-8 questions.   Answer Question