HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Edinburgh, Scotland | Glassdoor

3.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

first submit cv, then online assessment (optional) and actual one-to-one interview with the hiring manager.
    Considerable lack of professionality. The hiring manager was in India so it was a video conference call. For security reasons it had to be done from their offices, at 7 or 8 am in the morning. I really think it could have been done on skype, saving me an extra hour of sleep, since nobody checked my passport, so what security were they talking about?
    Anyway I was also disappointed with the fact that the HR guy organising the meeting not only showed up late, but the room for the video conference call wasn't set up yet, and as a matter of fact it didn't work so we had to find last-minute another room available. Again, skype from my place would have been easier.
    However the reason I was mostly annoyed with is that the hiring manager in the end didn't even bother reading my CV in advance of our chat (although we were several minutes late, so he had the time to do it even last minute). He said: I'm looking at your CV and I can see you're not workinf right now.. hell yes I am! Whose cv was that?
    Then it took them 2 weeks to tell me the final outcome without providing further feedbacks. Awful people.

Anyway, I guess I might have been especially unlucky and met quite unprofessional people. In any case the Edinburgh offices are laid out as open spaces with very long desks, and everyone works next to each other and people cannot leave personal items on the desk. Not sure how productive such environment can be as employees will feel very uncertain.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Comprehensive competency question session with peer level, intense but good thought provoking questions. Interviewers very competent and seemed to follow a high internal standard, with what appears to be close liaison across other managers and different departments. Environment seemed busy but ordered within a new office set up. All employees from reception on seemed very professional and happy in their work.

Operational Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

I passed the online numerical tests and I was asked to go through a telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Two questions on integrity...Only 4 questions in 40 minutes!   1 Answer