HSBC Holdings Fund Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Fund Administrator Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

3.1

Fund Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kolkata (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

5 rounds
1st round written- basic stuff including simple interest, call put, accounting
2nd Round Psychometrics
3rd Round English- Class 5 level
4th Round Telephonic - here you will be given a topic where you will have to speak for a few minutes on the telephone and the person will ask you questions regarding the topic
5th Round PI- Thorough knowledge of derivatives, capital market instruments will be tested.

Interview Questions

• Junk Bond, derivatives, different dates of bonds. Mandatory Question - is pen a derivative??   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kolkata (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

It was easy, a few derivative focussed questions and some education related. All-in-all a good learning experience for freshers.

More focus on capital markets and associated derivative, equities, bond products in existence, trade and uses. A good place to work with all benefits and facilities compounding onto a memorable voyage.

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

Very Lengthy and clustered although very basic and easy. Unrealistic amount of time spent by HR and cringeworthy services by HR

Interview Questions

• Can you wait for another month until joining? (Repeatedly for a few months, after hire but before getting a date of joining)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much. They stuck to their side of the story and at the maximum were willing to increase by 10,000 INR in a year which was insulting.

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kolkata (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

they shortlisted my profile from naukri and then they call me for an interview which was scheduled after 1 day in HSBC saltlake sector 2 kolkata .The selection procedure was kind of long and tiring process...it had several rounds..we were about 24-25 people there 1st round was objective type which had around 30 question testing the technical knowledge...2nd round was psychometric test which had 22 questions each question was about how would u respond to a given specific situation which had to completed in 30 min.3rd round was grammar and vocabulary buplus test which was online also had time stipulation..4th was telephonic round in which they were basically test ur ability of english speaking and english accent in which u would be given a topic on which u have to speak and a paragraph to read...every round is kind of eliminator round by the end of the 4 th round we were 3 people left out..now one has to face the interview to get selected they usually take 1:2 ratio..i faced the interview which was taken by the fund manger and the vice president...

Interview Questions

• interview was a kind of rodies interview types.. questions were asked and every question was cross questioned with a point derived from the answer..

about the company?
      they would test ur basic accounting knowledge with journals,balance sheet questions?
      about hedge funds?
      derivatives, call, put, mutual funds, swaps, futures , forward???
      relocation related questions , previous job profile???   Answer Question

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2014.

Interview

-Applied through a recriutment agency
    -One round with the supervisor and assistant manager on the team
    -Had to provide proof of all previous employment and a reference check from each
    -Additionally, had to provide my university transcript in order to verify my stated results

Interview Questions

• Competencies, teamwork/leadership, technical skills(Excel) and some job-based scenario questions   Answer Question

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Colombo (Sri Lanka)) in May 2014.

Interview

depends on the business requirements as to how soon they call you,
    sometimes it takes months just for the 1st couple of interviews before the final interview
    which consist of an aptitude exams and language exam,
    so basically depends on when you apply.sometimes within a week you may get recruited else in some worst case scenarios it took almost 6 months

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kolkata (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

Mock test , telephonic , 1:1 , it will take a month , they will check your communication skill as well , also if you are abe to work night shift , this is the good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Every question will be related from finance   1 Answer

Fund Administrator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

The selection process was long and detailed. There were several rounds. In every round there was elimination. The first round was objective type examination on accounts and finance (basic but one needs to have knowledge). Second English aptitude test. The third was a telephonic interview again testing English speaking skill and a topic given where candidates were asked to speak for two minutes over the phone. The person on the other end asked questions regarding the topic. The final round was face-to-face interview.

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kolkata (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

5 rounds,written test,extempor,personality test,telephonic,personal interview,hr round,it was a full day process,took the full day to complete the interview process,results was announced on the same day itself.
    Accounts questions and journal entries was common question

Interview Questions

• Questions about past job,excel knowledge.accounts questions   Answer Question

Fund Administrator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

1- Application call or Walk-in interview
    2- English testing online test
    3- Vocal test
    4- Technical exam1
    5- Technical exam 2
    6- Final interview with 3 top management (30-40 minutes)

7- If you passed the interview, we are required to submit all the transcripts and other documents.
    8- Once everything is okay you will be called for the job after 1-3 months

Interview Questions

• What is the advantage in investing in a Hedge fund vs in the share market   1 Answer