HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Hyderabad, India | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Hyderabad, India

Updated Jun 3, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Interview rounds were JAM , Online English Test , Value Assessment test , Voice and accent round , HR Interview , Presentation.
    Overall Interview experience was good and it may take full day for selection of candidates.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the position we are recruiting ?   Answer Question

For persuing higher studies

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 2.5 weeks to complete. The first round was resume screening, followed by grammar test, then they conducted a group discussion, finally ending with telephonic interview for the day. I was selected for the HD process. The last operations round was conducted after 2 weeks in the main office in Hyd. Every round was an elimination round.

Interview Questions

• the telephonic interview had some questions like these-
      what are your views about children's personality being determined by parents?
      Do you think respecting everyone is mandatory and why?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Aptitude and Technical rounds are up to the mark. HR rounds are really good.
    technical rounds are more concentrated and with twisted questions.
    HR or Personal round concentrates more on the behavior and attitude.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Its too slow to process.
    First, there will one online test which you need to clear after that I went to a First technical round.
    After clearing the Technical round it was HR Discussion.
    I gave my interview in August, I received my offer letter in Nov 2016 and I joined in Jan 2017.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

First round was aptitude test. It was considerably easy. Second round was a technical round and I was asked about SQL. Mainly concentrated on joins and subqueries. There were two HR rounds. First one was easy and I was asked some general questions like my hobbies, my interests etc. The second HR round was rigid. I was continuously countered on whatever I said. It was probably to test my presence of mind.

Interview Questions

• How are the project you did in ug relate to the work a software engineer does?   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I have 5+years of experience.
    I attended weekend drive on Saturday. Boring Process.

First Aptitude + Java Questions
    Second: SJT
    Third: Discussion with Technical team

If you are working with latest technologies, then these people will not ask any specific questions.
    Just explain project in depth and related area.
    - They are using very old technologies.

Database Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

There will be 3 rounds
    1.Aptitude Test
    2.TR and HR
    3.SJT

please remeber SJT will be very important even though if you cleared all rounds but it is very important to clear SJT though it was for just formality but imp,because as lost at this stage so i suggest take each and every step important,in my case i lost because some internal recommendations for another person and i gave chance to them by delaying sjt exam as i wrote two days lately after coming link to me as it was an online exam.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on SQL and LINUX Commands and shell scripting   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

The question asked were not very tough..it was more to do with the confidence level.and they asked basic questions of customer service.and it was for around 1 hour.they were two people who took it.and the man was the manager of ops profile.it was more banking related questions.about HSBC history and how the banking industry works

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Tough interview process, Questions all related to banking, prepare well about banking to crack the interview You need to be sold on the idea that this place will be of advantage to you. It is important to understand that reputations are often made by working with established people in your field. There is nothing wrong with researching a job, the staff and the facility's background.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was taken just a technical interview and telephonic HR round and then a SJT test after which they have sent salary structure on acceptance offer letter is released. I attended interview through a consultancy.they gave me so positive sprits while attendind....................

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have asked for my expectations for fixed pay. I have told them and they said they will reach me through mail.