HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2018
2,333 Interview Reviews

2.9

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Phone interview first and then on site interview with the manager. The manager was nice and the interview lasted around 60 mins. I got call the next day said they are offering me the position.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process..More conversational style, the interviewers wanted to get a sense of how my experience fits into what they wanted. Had a total of 6 interviews with different teams. I dont think they were all necessary...

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with an original application on their website, followed by 2 online assessments, then there is the Phone interview with a recruiter and Finally there is the Super Day interview with 5 different hiring managers at one of their corporate locations.

Interview Questions

• What are some sources of risks, that may occur at HSBC?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Applied online. Upon successful completion of two different online behavioral based tests I was contacted via phone call, email communication then a 3-part interview which was behavioural, case and technical. There were three different interviewers. The process was one and a half hours long

Wealth Management Interview

Interview

Firstly have a video interview and then have a technical video interview and if you passed this stage, you will get to the super day. The first behavioral interview is very basic. Unlimited practice Qs and go to the actual Q.

Interview Questions

• The technical Qs are a little more intuitive. Maybe is because I have not been that level yet. But the questions are like give you an actual profile and ask you how to manage them by doing multiple choices.   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Interview

The process was friendly simple and concise. With a brief introduction of the team, we had smooth conversations. There were only two rounds of interviews overall and final result was delivered within a week.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hawthorne, NY).

Interview

First take a test then take another one , if pass recruiter will contact and interview you over the phone . then the next step interview w branch manager and district manager.

Analyst, Global Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Completed a series of online tests these were quantitative and situational (like a what would you do in this situation). After about two weeks was asked to complete a self-recorded interview; did not move past this round.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

The interview question were standard and the interview lasted about an hour. There were 2 interviews and both had a group interviewing. They asked standard questions and at times the team leader seemed to be in a hurry to end the interview. The vetting process was extremely long. You also have to be checked by the local police department, which is standard, along with your references. All employees are rated by their level of risk starting. Would I apply for a job at HSBC again? No! I was disappointed after working their less than 3 years due to management's lack of real committment to employee welfare.

Interview Questions

• 1. What was your last project? 2. Can you work with others ? 3. How good are your programming skills?   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Awful interview experience. Looks like they outsource the hiring team to another company and they have really bad connections between the hiring specialist and the actual hiring manager. I was contacted by a hiring specialist and scheduled for a face to face interview with a local branch. They told me the branch manager will contact me. But I wait for a month and no one contacted me. I asked the hiring specialist and she told me to wait. I called the branch and the person pick up the phone call always say the manager is busy. And after all the waiting, I got a decline letter. What a ridiculous company! They told me I'm gonna have an interview and then they rejected me for no reason??? I guess that why this company's business is so poor in US, you're not even professional yourself, not to say being professional to your client.(In fact, the branch that I should have interviewed has a low yelp score of 1 or 2). I wrote a letter politely asking the hiring specialist why this happened and got no answer. So my advice is not to have any connections with is company, as a employee or as a customer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to list all the jobs for the past 10 years   Answer Question