HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017
1,974 Interview Reviews

2.9

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

3 phone screening interviews with all the team members and 1 in person interview with the Vice president. Was fairly straight forward process nothing technically all behavioral and fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Whats the most important line item on a financial statement   Answer Question

Assistant Vice Presudent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview with two senior managers and once in person but twice over the phone going over the requirements of the role and my suitability and it was very positive conversations

Data Centre Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in VC Highlands, NV

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (VC Highlands, NV).

Interview

HR process is very long including screening and background check. You need to spare a lot of time to prepare your background check documents. HR is responsive but only if they need something from you.

Interview Questions

• please share with us how did you manage an incident happened in your career?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potomac, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Potomac, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very strange. I had assessment, 2 phone interviews, 2 in person interview. The interviewers were not discussed and communicated to each other at all. Each of them seeing you as never know anything before, so you need to respond the same questions and answer the same. I think even though I went through so long process, their decision was still careless and not considered.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2017.

Interview

Was referred internally but had to compete through entire process. Immediate pickup of my app by HR (likely because of referral), then 3 interviews at SVP level. Offer was 2.5 weeks after my last interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2016.

Interview

The First Round with a 5-minute phone interview. (It is more of a logistic check interview. There is at least one more interview coming next. The next round interview is one-hour long and it is in person interview. I will keep you guys posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why HSBC? What role do you see myself?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

screening round , followed by 3 technical round and final HR

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and heard back for an interview through a phone call. During the actual interview, three people were interviewing me at once. It was definitely a learning experience.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

Had excellent recommendation from a former manager who had joined HSBC a few months before. My future direct manager was an alumnus from my university and the personal contact was excellent.
    Several interviews with different managers after that, none with HR (rubber stamping).
    Due diligence was standard for a controlled employee (FINRA registered).

Interview Questions

• Standard career questions - progression, motivation, skills. Nothing original.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2017.

Interview

This is the first time in history that I had to cut off an interview. The first. I applied to a position a few months ago in Feb. Didn't hear back. Got a call from a recruiter a few months later asking if I was still interested in the position. Said they were hiring for multiple locations for the NYC area. I told her I was still interested. She then emailed me an assessment to complete and I did.

After I passed the assessment, she did the initial phone screening. Of course, she asked about my availability & I countered by asking her which locations were hiring and what the hours would be. This is where things got crazy. She actually had to hang up the phone and google locations. She seemed COMPLETELY lost and the whole thing sounded extremely sketchy.

The final straw: She calls back and we settle on a branch. We then start to discuss my work history. She asked if I can supply my w2's, paystubs from current and previous employers. I told her that I wouldn't feel comfortable supplying that, as that is way too personal, but I'd be happy to supply her with references. She kept pushing for the W2's and paystubs. I told her that I'd call her back and hung up the phone. Yes, this whole thing is a real story.

I questioned whether this woman really work for HSBC. I looked her up, and it seems that they've just outsourced their HR department. Either way this was the worst interview experience I've had thus far. Never again.