HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018
2,202 Interview Reviews

2.9

Interview

The interview process was very easy. They asked basic IT questions. The interviewers were very friendly and were open to meet my salary requirements. Overall it was a great experience.

Internal Audit Staff Interview

Interview

Fairly simple. Was thrown off by technical questions in the first round of interviewing but they were fairly standard. Overall a very standard experience and more conversational with the directors in the second round than I would have expected.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

A phone interview with basic walking trough resume and behaviors. Details of DCF, transactions, and comparables. The interviewer was nice and corrected some of my answers. Also gave me an introduction of how the office functions

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are there in HK   1 Answer

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and took a screening test which was a long case study type test. 2-3 weeks after that, I was told to complete another assessment, which was also a cast study but this one involved a virtual interview. Was invited to a final round interview in NYC, where I went through a group exercise and three interviews (behavioral , global market/economic trends, case study)

Interview Questions

• Describe a global trend in the markets?   1 Answer

Coverage Relationship Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied through university and received an requesting a phone interview. Within three days of the phone interview, I was invited to Super Day in NYC. The process was very welcoming and relaxed. A group interview where we had to create a presentation as a group and then several individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why would a firm in the US use a British subsidiary located in the US over a US bank?   Answer Question

Interview

First was an initial screen call with HR rep. Then had an in person interview with the manager. Finally had a call with an employee to see if I was a good fit.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Took an online exam, progressed to a video interview (case study based) on hirevue sofware, invited to superday in new york office with behavioral, case study, and market based rounds

Interview Questions

• How would you go about managing risk for the company   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

It was an online test with both behavioral questions and numerical questions. The questions were based on the video that's included in the test. You have to watch the video first in order to answer questions.

Summer Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

I only experienced the online interviews so far. Just for reference, there's two round of online testing, the first is about behavioral questions and the second is about verbal and numerical.

Interview Questions

• the first round is about behavioral test, you just need to align the ethical principles and don't forget team spirit.
      the second round is more difficult. you will be required to record a video. Answer questions like multi-tasking skills, networking skills. You need to read an article, answering questions based on the article. The questions will be both verbal and numerical.   1 Answer

Global Markets Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2017.

Interview

1st round is a math and reasoning test followed by a (potential) invitation for a 2nd round screening with a senior member of the Global Markets team. Finally, there is a superday on-site