HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2016.

Interview

The First Round with a 5-minute phone interview. (It is more of a logistic check interview. There is at least one more interview coming next. The next round interview is one-hour long and it is in person interview. I will keep you guys posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2017.

Interview

This is the first time in history that I had to cut off an interview. The first. I applied to a position a few months ago in Feb. Didn't hear back. Got a call from a recruiter a few months later asking if I was still interested in the position. Said they were hiring for multiple locations for the NYC area. I told her I was still interested. She then emailed me an assessment to complete and I did.

After I passed the assessment, she did the initial phone screening. Of course, she asked about my availability & I countered by asking her which locations were hiring and what the hours would be. This is where things got crazy. She actually had to hang up the phone and google locations. She seemed COMPLETELY lost and the whole thing sounded extremely sketchy.

The final straw: She calls back and we settle on a branch. We then start to discuss my work history. She asked if I can supply my w2's, paystubs from current and previous employers. I told her that I wouldn't feel comfortable supplying that, as that is way too personal, but I'd be happy to supply her with references. She kept pushing for the W2's and paystubs. I told her that I'd call her back and hung up the phone. Yes, this whole thing is a real story.

I questioned whether this woman really work for HSBC. I looked her up, and it seems that they've just outsourced their HR department. Either way this was the worst interview experience I've had thus far. Never again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and heard back for an interview through a phone call. During the actual interview, three people were interviewing me at once. It was definitely a learning experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I heard back from HSBC two weeks after I submitted my resume. Had a brief conversation with an HR representative, followed by an hour-long interview with two interviewers working in the division I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my resume, personal strength, time management and career goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from HSBC in two weeks. Before the interview, I had a brief conversation with an HR representative. Then, had an hour-long interview with two interviewers from the division I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. They asked about my resume, strength, time management skills and whether I have been following the market.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Buffalo, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview arranged by a recruiter but facilitated by the hiring company. The person I talked with was very nice and open to all questions I asked with I wanted additional information.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your background will assist you in the Banking arena?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 2 back-to-back 30-minute On-campus interviews. One of them is mostly behavioural, another one is mostly technical. There were no hard questions. Expect to be asked to pitch a stock.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in the fall, heard back in the spring. Had a first round interview over the phone with 2 people which went well. Found out I got a final round interview by the end of the day, which would be held the following week. The final round lasted 3 hours and consisted of 6 back to back interviews with increasingly senior team members. Everyone was extremely nice and the interviews were largely motivational - no technicals. The last round was obviously a 'negative' interview, but the person was nice despite the more pointed questions. I thought it went well and that I was a good fit, but I never heard back from HR.

Interview Questions

• Why IB? Why HSBC? What do you hope to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

Commercial Bank Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First it need answer questions online then they will call you to schedule phone interview. One month later, the first round interview is conducted with HR by phone, which is less than 30min. All are behavioral questions. Regular interview questions. They are very focused on the characters of the person. You are expect to answer questions quickly and clearly.

Interview Questions

• Why HSBC? Why financial services? Tell a time Complex Problem-Solving? Qualification? How would you deal with a difficult customer?Describe a difficult situation or challenge you had to overcome and what you did to resolve it? Tell me a situation in the past you have to influence others on decision makings.Describe a time that you failed. and questions related to the position.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I submitted the application online and was invited to take a situational judgment test and inductive reasoning test. The tests were not hard. Then, I was invited for a phone interview after a week. The interview was entirely behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your team disagreed
      Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult individual
      Answer Question