HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,800 Interview Reviews

2.9

1,800 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2016.

Interview

The First Round with a 5-minute phone interview. (It is more of a logistic check interview. There is at least one more interview coming next. The next round interview is one-hour long and it is in person interview. I will keep you guys posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 2 back-to-back 30-minute On-campus interviews. One of them is mostly behavioural, another one is mostly technical. There were no hard questions. Expect to be asked to pitch a stock.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, phone call with HR, final round at office in New York. The interview day involved a case study followed by two interviews with two managers in each. The process was very long and I had to reach out repeatedly to get additional information.

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation you've faced? How did you address it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

A 20 to 30 minute phone interview with an HR representative. She asked questions to test my knowledge about HSBC as a company, to see if I knew some of its competitors. Asked me about examples that showed how I reacted to hardships.

Then several weeks later, I was invited to their nyc office the final round process. We had to work on a case and have sets of interviews with current managers and the department hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about GLCM (Global Liquidity and Cash Management) and HSBC's products in that line of service?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I did all the requirements online and then got to meet everyone on the desk I could potentially work on. I ended up getting an other internship offer so I declined that one

SE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

There were 3 steps,
    First Round was Aptitude and technical questions (All MCQ),
    Second Round was technical interview and then ()mostly abt projects and general CS concepts
    Final round of HR interview (why this company , strengths,weakness and so on)

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why this company and atj projects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

There was an aptitude test which was fairly easy after which there was a technical interview and then an HR interview. All of this was conducted on campus and was completed within a day. Results were declared on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about databases and my projects that I mentioned on my resume.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

Take a few weeks to process. In general, everything goes smoothly. First it need answer questions online then they will call you to schedule phone interview. Then there'll be onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, and questions related to the position.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

-Applied via Jobstreet
    -Received call for interview within a week
    -Went for Interview at 10.30am ended at 4.30pm ( 4 stages )
    **English assessment
    **Voice assessment - spoke to HSBC staff in India, have to prepare a short essay based on given topic and discuss. Read a short article to assess pronunciation and intonation
    **Interview with HR manager - talk about experience and excepted salary
    **Interview with Hiring Manager - talk about customer service skill

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Beverly Hills, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

It's very good. And the person interviewed me are very nice. and we have been talking for over one hour and a half, and I did not even notice it has been that long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work in the financial industry?   1 Answer