HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017
1,950 Interview Reviews

2.9

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Swansea, Wales (UK)).

Interview

Waste of time. After all the work you go through to get an interview. If you don't score over a certain amount on the role play phone section you don't even get through to the face to face part.
    It's so difficult the interviewer even told me to re-apply as I would have a better chance doing it the second time round. You have to read so much information (13 pages) about all different things to do with accounts (travel insurance, mortgages, loans, advanced holders) and my feedback was that. I was just reading off the screen even though it's a script??? I was also told 'you don't need to know about the products or about HSBC' but you clearly do to pass the phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2014.

Interview

Written, Group Discussion and technical. Multiple rounds of technical. HR round follows. Written consists of C, C++, C#, Java, Testing etc. Technical is the most difficult one. Be prepared for difficult questions. Good to go with high level knowledge of programming and analytical concepts.

Global Asset Management Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

There is nothing online about this scheme and the questions involved so I thought I should help out since I struggled myself. Firstly you apply online, get passed screening and you sit a situational judgment test, trick with this is to apply everything back to the company values. Afterwards they screen you again and tell you if you get through to a telephone interview, this is all competency and I found it easy. After this the wait begins, they pass your application to MD's in asset management who decide whether to let you through or not, this takes a very long time, I was fortunate enough to get through to the last stage but if you don't then don't blame yourself, it's a very, very tough scheme to get into. I interviewed in Canary Wharf, the HR staff and MD's are fantastic, really nice people. First it was a analysis task, 50 mins to go through a tonne of paperwork for a made up client and answer questions, key is to back up everything with facts from the paperwork. Secondly is a group excercise, standard. Third is a business interview, you need to know the business inside out, you need to be energetic, need to know the market, or else you will fail. Fourthly is a situational interview, make sure you have examples, expand on them and don't simply state them. Important thing about the assetment centre to remember is that these people are smart individuals, don't make up anything or try to go into detail about equities you have no clue about, they will catch you out, be yourself, they're way to cunning and smart to try and slip through, if you haven't done your homework you will be found out.

Interview Questions

• Telephone:
      What will the world look like in 2050.
      Then full of competency like why HSBC etc, simple interview really.
      Assetment centre:
      Business interview:
      Why HSBC, why asset management. Has to be the same as your original answers.
      What is a fund manager ?
      Is it a good time to invest in equities ?
      Pitch me a commodity.
      What products do we cater for ? Which one do you have an interest in and why ? Tell me the current trends in this product on the market ?
      What is a green bond ?
      Just know asset management and HSBC inside and out, be energetic about it.
      Situational interview:
      Based on you really, just have examples in your head and be ready to expand fully. Again, these are very smarty people, don't make anything up or talk trash, they will flush you out.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Ahmedabad (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Aptitude test, Coding assessment round-1,Coding assessment round-2, Group discussion, Technical interview-1,Technical interview-2,
    HR Interview-1 , HR Interview-2 and final discussion with HR manager and Technical team,
    Conference room meeting to extend an offer

Higher Education

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tumakuru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Tumakuru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

very bad experience for BE graduates of all branches, they will ask all about banking related questions so you not even attend 1 or 2 questions. we were asked analytic questions, data interpretation which are very time consuming questions.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in May 2016.

Interview

The overall process took 2 weeks. After passing online assessments, you'll get invited for a telephone interview that will last for about an hour. Right after my telephone interview, the interviewer already told me that I passed the interview. After 2 days, i got an invite for the assessment center here in the Philippines. The assessment includes case study, group activity, sjt interview, business interview.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Dhaka (Bangladesh)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through internal vacancy application and the process took almost 8 weeks to complete.
    I had faced a panel interview for more that 80 minutes.
    A set of behavioral questions with bunch of probing questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you apply your industry knowledge into your role? How you ensured the benefit?   Answer Question

Collections Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2015.

Interview

I was presented with a stress test style interview that was very intense, and because this was a new experience for me I never got a chance to prepare. I advise you to research this as everything about what you do and did will be scrutinised and critically observed. You will be interrogated on why you want this job. If you can handle the stress and truly want the job you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• What did you leave your last job after a short amount of time? Was it voluntary   Answer Question
    • You have a degree in "xyz"? Why didn't you pursue a career in that field? What are you doing here?   Answer Question
    • How do you follow policies and procedures?   Answer Question
    • What was the most challenging part of you career and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Be prepared for "I'm not making sense of what you just said, could you repeat that please?"   Answer Question
    • Your other job you only stayed for a year! Why did you leave after a short amount of time?   Answer Question

Senior Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Curitiba (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Curitiba (Brazil)) in July 2012.

Interview

Very quick and straight to the point. The head Hunter did the screening and evaluate my profile, after this stage I had 121 with the Global Procurement and Americas Manager. It was two hours of conversation where I was challenge on technical knowledge and behavior where some situational scenarios to test my decision-making and how I would solve problems. Difficult interview

Interview Questions

• Focused on the activity: How you manage contracts? Are you familiar with Strategic Sourcing?   1 Answer
    • How is you decision making process?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Business Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Tampa, FL).

Interview

HSBC is a Women oriented company with excellent job training and job growth opportunities. Job security is something that is not offered. Employees can work hard and not be rewarded. It is all about who you know not what you know. Wages are fair and benefits are awesome. Work from home opportunities are very helpful for parents.

Interview Questions

• How will you balance work and home given the amount of work on your plate?   1 Answer

Money