HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017
1,975 Interview Reviews

2.9

HSBC Graduate Wealth Management and Retail Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)).

Interview

online test->telephone interview->assessment center, the telephone interview was competency based and most about your CV, your motivation, and the assessment center involved group discussion, make sure you got the chance to express the idea, and try to understand what others are talking about

Interview Questions

• What is the recent news you read about banking industry   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, completed online situational judgement assessment the next day. Then contacted by a member of the recruitment team to schedule a telephone interview. I chose the and day. This was a very simple interview. Why HSBC, how does this role fit in with your career path, etc. and 3 competency based questions. Got a call the next day to arrange a face to face interview. I was interviewed by one manager who was very pleasant. This interview was almost entirely competency based; 6 competency based questions and a couple of general pereonality questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why HSBC, why this role, how does this role fit in with your plans for the future?
      Tell me about a time you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it? Etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

1. some basic questions and availability and introduction of the role from first phone call, this also set a date/time for the actual phone interview
    2. actual phone interview, questions are very basic customer service and competency oriented

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

-The interview process was smooth and quick: 2 levels - 1 on the phone and 1 in person
    -They tried to accommodate my time and schedule as many managers to see in one visit
    -CONS: the screening process after the offer was signed took over a month for drug test - all in took 2 months including interviews - way too long!

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was average.There were more than fifty candidates who have applied for this role. HSBC is good company to start with, but one will have to go through tough recruitment process. There will be an aptitude test comprising of finance questions followed by one face to face interview and one HR round for credit analyst jobs.

Interview Questions

• Related to Strategic Financial Management   1 Answer

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

First stage is the submittion of your application (CV etc.), if they like what they see you are invited to take an online skills test in which you are placed in numerous scenarios in which they expect you to rank your responses as "least effective" and "most effective".
    After passing this stage I received a phone call in which I was asked about my previous occupations and experience with customer service.
    After passing this they invited me to partake in a telephone interview, during which I was asked a series of questions which involved me answering based on experiences I had had, in work, school or life in general. These questions coincided with HSBC's 3 key concepts of being 'open, dependable and connected'.
    The next and final stage is to be invited to a face-to-face interview.
    The gentleman was extremely polite and conversational and asked me a series of questions, starting with the usual "What do you know about the company?" And "Tell me abit about yourself...", I was then asked some experience based questions, such as "When have I achieved a goal after experiencing some difficulties", "When have I shown leadership?" Etc... The application-interview process overall has been very lengthy, but with patience and preparation, it could be worth it.

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Colchester, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online where I had to fill out the usual form and include my CV etc. The next day I got an email from them asking me to fill in an online assessment. A couple of days later I got another email stating that I was successful and that they would like to have a phone interview with me. I scheduled this interview for the following Monday at 12:30pm as this was the only available time I had and it allowed me to have the whole morning to prepare as I have never had a phone interview before. 12:30 comes around, still no phone call. 1:30, no phone call, 2:30, no phone call. I wasn't going to wait in all day for a phone interview that was scheduled 2 hours ago! It just made me think that if they're already being this reliable before I've even been offered a face-to-face interview then this isn't the type of job I want. What's the point in scheduling an appointment if that's not when you're going to call me? Useless, unreliable, unprofessional. No thank you HSBC.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Typical HSBC interview process: online aptitude test and 2 rounds of phone interview (I was abroad); 1st round phone interview was held by HR; 2nd round was held by line manager.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself.
      Why do you want to work in banking industry/HSBC?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview after submitting online application. Interviewer was from a external recruitment company and very nice. Standard competency questions before inviting you for further rounds via email if you pass the phone interview.

Associate-KYCS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was smooth.

They conducted an aptitude test and shortlisted the best candidates.

Then we had a F2F interview with the HR and the Manager followed by a Psychometric test.

Interview Questions

• Explain your role in your previous organisation?   1 Answer