HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,981 Interview Reviews

2.9

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

Had excellent recommendation from a former manager who had joined HSBC a few months before. My future direct manager was an alumnus from my university and the personal contact was excellent.
    Several interviews with different managers after that, none with HR (rubber stamping).
    Due diligence was standard for a controlled employee (FINRA registered).

Interview Questions

• Standard career questions - progression, motivation, skills. Nothing original.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in May 2017.

Interview

This is the first time in history that I had to cut off an interview. The first. I applied to a position a few months ago in Feb. Didn't hear back. Got a call from a recruiter a few months later asking if I was still interested in the position. Said they were hiring for multiple locations for the NYC area. I told her I was still interested. She then emailed me an assessment to complete and I did.

After I passed the assessment, she did the initial phone screening. Of course, she asked about my availability & I countered by asking her which locations were hiring and what the hours would be. This is where things got crazy. She actually had to hang up the phone and google locations. She seemed COMPLETELY lost and the whole thing sounded extremely sketchy.

The final straw: She calls back and we settle on a branch. We then start to discuss my work history. She asked if I can supply my w2's, paystubs from current and previous employers. I told her that I wouldn't feel comfortable supplying that, as that is way too personal, but I'd be happy to supply her with references. She kept pushing for the W2's and paystubs. I told her that I'd call her back and hung up the phone. Yes, this whole thing is a real story.

I questioned whether this woman really work for HSBC. I looked her up, and it seems that they've just outsourced their HR department. Either way this was the worst interview experience I've had thus far. Never again.

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The branch manager interviewed me for 40-45 minutes then the operations manager for further 40 minutes. They were all very friendly and described the job thoroughly. I gained lots of insight into the job and the career progression.

Interview Questions

• Why HSBC? Why this position? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Describe a time where your team member isn't doing their share. What kind of boss do you enjoy working for?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Depew, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Depew, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview. Lasted about 5 minutes. Seemed as if they needed someone who was a Microsoft Excel Expert. Got an acceptance letter within 2 days of the phone interview. Overall, seemed the whole process was very easy. Interview was also done as a conference call with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. What can you do on Microsoft Excel?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Very relaxed. Not impressed with level of engagement throughout the process. Not impressed at all with any of the 5 interviews that took place before the actual offer and onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with credit cards and bank products? How many clients did you have in your book?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I heard back from HSBC two weeks after I submitted my resume. Had a brief conversation with an HR representative, followed by an hour-long interview with two interviewers working in the division I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my resume, personal strength, time management and career goals.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from HSBC in two weeks. Before the interview, I had a brief conversation with an HR representative. Then, had an hour-long interview with two interviewers from the division I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. They asked about my resume, strength, time management skills and whether I have been following the market.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Buffalo, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview arranged by a recruiter but facilitated by the hiring company. The person I talked with was very nice and open to all questions I asked with I wanted additional information.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your background will assist you in the Banking arena?   1 Answer

Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First on the phone, talked with 2 employees, mostly standard questions. Super day interviews, met with 7 people from the team, all nice and friendly. Several industry related technical questions, but nothing too crazy. Need to be prepared for market related questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 2 back-to-back 30-minute On-campus interviews. One of them is mostly behavioural, another one is mostly technical. There were no hard questions. Expect to be asked to pitch a stock.