HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017
1,951 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Very relaxed. Not impressed with level of engagement throughout the process. Not impressed at all with any of the 5 interviews that took place before the actual offer and onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with credit cards and bank products? How many clients did you have in your book?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I heard back from HSBC two weeks after I submitted my resume. Had a brief conversation with an HR representative, followed by an hour-long interview with two interviewers working in the division I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my resume, personal strength, time management and career goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from HSBC in two weeks. Before the interview, I had a brief conversation with an HR representative. Then, had an hour-long interview with two interviewers from the division I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. They asked about my resume, strength, time management skills and whether I have been following the market.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Buffalo, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview arranged by a recruiter but facilitated by the hiring company. The person I talked with was very nice and open to all questions I asked with I wanted additional information.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your background will assist you in the Banking arena?   1 Answer

Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First on the phone, talked with 2 employees, mostly standard questions. Super day interviews, met with 7 people from the team, all nice and friendly. Several industry related technical questions, but nothing too crazy. Need to be prepared for market related questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 2 back-to-back 30-minute On-campus interviews. One of them is mostly behavioural, another one is mostly technical. There were no hard questions. Expect to be asked to pitch a stock.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, phone call with HR, final round at office in New York. The interview day involved a case study followed by two interviews with two managers in each. The process was very long and I had to reach out repeatedly to get additional information.

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation you've faced? How did you address it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

A 20 to 30 minute phone interview with an HR representative. She asked questions to test my knowledge about HSBC as a company, to see if I knew some of its competitors. Asked me about examples that showed how I reacted to hardships.

Then several weeks later, I was invited to their nyc office the final round process. We had to work on a case and have sets of interviews with current managers and the department hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about GLCM (Global Liquidity and Cash Management) and HSBC's products in that line of service?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in the fall, heard back in the spring. Had a first round interview over the phone with 2 people which went well. Found out I got a final round interview by the end of the day, which would be held the following week. The final round lasted 3 hours and consisted of 6 back to back interviews with increasingly senior team members. Everyone was extremely nice and the interviews were largely motivational - no technicals. The last round was obviously a 'negative' interview, but the person was nice despite the more pointed questions. I thought it went well and that I was a good fit, but I never heard back from HR.

Interview Questions

• Why IB? Why HSBC? What do you hope to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I did all the requirements online and then got to meet everyone on the desk I could potentially work on. I ended up getting an other internship offer so I declined that one