HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,011 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 2 back-to-back 30-minute On-campus interviews. One of them is mostly behavioural, another one is mostly technical. There were no hard questions. Expect to be asked to pitch a stock.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, phone call with HR, final round at office in New York. The interview day involved a case study followed by two interviews with two managers in each. The process was very long and I had to reach out repeatedly to get additional information.

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation you've faced? How did you address it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

A 20 to 30 minute phone interview with an HR representative. She asked questions to test my knowledge about HSBC as a company, to see if I knew some of its competitors. Asked me about examples that showed how I reacted to hardships.

Then several weeks later, I was invited to their nyc office the final round process. We had to work on a case and have sets of interviews with current managers and the department hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about GLCM (Global Liquidity and Cash Management) and HSBC's products in that line of service?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in the fall, heard back in the spring. Had a first round interview over the phone with 2 people which went well. Found out I got a final round interview by the end of the day, which would be held the following week. The final round lasted 3 hours and consisted of 6 back to back interviews with increasingly senior team members. Everyone was extremely nice and the interviews were largely motivational - no technicals. The last round was obviously a 'negative' interview, but the person was nice despite the more pointed questions. I thought it went well and that I was a good fit, but I never heard back from HR.

Interview Questions

• Why IB? Why HSBC? What do you hope to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I did all the requirements online and then got to meet everyone on the desk I could potentially work on. I ended up getting an other internship offer so I declined that one

SE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

There were 3 steps,
    First Round was Aptitude and technical questions (All MCQ),
    Second Round was technical interview and then ()mostly abt projects and general CS concepts
    Final round of HR interview (why this company , strengths,weakness and so on)

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why this company and atj projects   Answer Question

Branch Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

i was Contacted by recruiter who set up interviews. I went on 3 separate interviews with different members of the leadership team. the background process is very meticulous. extensive background checks which encompasses drug test, credit & criminal history.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

There was an aptitude test which was fairly easy after which there was a technical interview and then an HR interview. All of this was conducted on campus and was completed within a day. Results were declared on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about databases and my projects that I mentioned on my resume.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Beverly Hills, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

It's very good. And the person interviewed me are very nice. and we have been talking for over one hour and a half, and I did not even notice it has been that long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work in the financial industry?   1 Answer

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

Take a few weeks to process. In general, everything goes smoothly. First it need answer questions online then they will call you to schedule phone interview. Then there'll be onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, and questions related to the position.   1 Answer