HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,917 Interview Reviews

2.9

Coverage Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. The recruiter was really helpful and she emailed me about scheduling my interview on a different day as I couldn't make it to the SuperDay. However, after the interview they didn't follow up on me. i reached out to ask for a confirmation about their decision how ever they never responded to my two emails, which i think is extremely unprofessional on their behalf.

IBD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

the interviewer is kind and helpful. i got a little nervous at first, but he told me that i should be more relaxed

it was great and most of questions are prepared

mostly behavior questions

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview was straightforward and direct and conducted in a very professional manner. I didn't feel drilled on any point and was allotted plenty of time for my own questions and the dialogue that they created. I felt I got complete and thoughtful responses and was happy that I'd thought through what I wanted to know in advance.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe my background and interest in the role.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth, First they call you by phone then if you pass the phone interview they'll setup a face to face with you a day or two later. After the face to face interview they'll call back giving you a job offer if you pass their background check.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Applied online, then phone interview where they ask you a few questions (prepare for them), then interview at the branch with two managers (study the company and be prepared). Next is background check.

Premier Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Behavioral, role play. Really dived deep into previous role and goals/expectations there and how you expect to meet goals at this job. Pretty open ended, explained a lot about my current role, my education and what I am looking for in a manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing that you are passionate about that I wouldn't know   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Met with HR, then with Hiriing Managers. Then a meeting was held with two more Sr. Managers and finally met with the Chief Informational Officer. All the interviews were held on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Very basic behavioural questions and what was the most complex project you ever handled.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interview was not very difficult if you are familiar with the business and has some knowledge of the mortgage industry. There is an initial phone interview with Human Resources and then if you are qualified they will submit your resume to the hiring manager. If you are selected you will be contacted via email for an invite to interview face to face with the hiring manager. Hiring process usually takes a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• How does you prior job experience relate to this current role?   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I interviewed for the job but they were looking for people with experience with larger clients. Overall experience was good, easy questions to understand if the past experience was relevant.

Interview Questions

• What are your skills? What did you use to do in your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Global Banking Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Rochester, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

it is very typical behavior interview conducted by outsourcing HR.
    very easy to prepare. HR is a Chinese girl, and there is not much of interactions. the skype is not double way because i can't see her face.