HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,807 Interview Reviews

2.9

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Fremont, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with Branch Manager and the Branch Service Manager at the same time. They asked me some simple questions and started introduce their company and the position they are hiring. Then asked me to go. Maybe it is in a busy peak hour. Asked me to wait for their decision.

Waited for 3 weeks to complete the whole recruitment process such as body check and background check.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work in HSBC?   1 Answer

S&T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First you apply online, there is 2 part test, first part is just behavioral, the second one is pattern recognition. After that, if you pass you get a call and you have a phone interview, and if you make it, you go to superday to NYC. In general, good experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Was lengthy and very laborious. HR took a very long time to revert between rounds. There was no communication to keep me updated on progress or next steps. There was no negotiation about salary either. It was take it or leave it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

The first week was a phone interview with several behavioral questions and a online business quiz. After the first round, you go in to the office for a in person interview.

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a short phone interview, took me around 10mins. I was on the phone with HR recruiter who only screen for best fit to get in next round interview. I prepared some questions and general typical question, none of those were asked. I suggest be well prepared and be your self. I was then referred to the next on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any banking experience ?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

One phone interview and two on-site interviews. First had a call with an internal recruiter; then met with the hiring manager and team members; lastly met with direct manager's manager. The entire process is concise but well-organized. The interviewers seemed to be well-prepared. Some of the questions were difficult but I did not take them personally. Confidence and some sense of humor would definitely help. Do your homework!

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions plus questions about the specific areas applied for.
      -Strengths and weaknesses
      -How to work with difficult people
      -What would your current manager say about you
      -Why are you interested in this position, HSBC and this industry?
      etc.
      Answer Question

Senior Core Java Front Office Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

After telephonic, I had a 4 hrs long In-Person, 2-3 stages, post offer, long wait due to background checking process, so if you expect to get hired the next day, may not be right choice. Great superiors an team, global exposure, overall great.

Interview Questions

• Overall experience in Capital Mkts   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

First you apply, then hr recruiter calls for phone interview. If you passes the phone one you get an email or call to meet with the branch manager.
    Most question is what you know about the company, dealing with difficult customers and SALES.

Interview Questions

• What was the product and services you had to sale in your previous job and of course how did you achieved?   Answer Question

Credit Policy and Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

I got a phone interview from a member in the team. I was asked several questions, mainly on Excel and SAS macro. The signal was really bad and I asked the interviewer to repeat several times.

Interview Questions

• How to do copy 1000 entries in table A to table B in Excel without directly using copy and paste?   Answer Question

Investment Councellor Analyst Interview

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter on a Friday afternoon, who then scheduled me for a phone interview on Monday. I spent the weekend doing research and once Monday came I never got a call. I called John from Michigan and he never returned my messages. About a month later I finally received an email saying the position was filled. Terrible experience and I will never again be applying with this joke of a bank.