HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,110 Interview Reviews

2.9

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

-Applied via Jobstreet
    -Received call for interview within a week
    -Went for Interview at 10.30am ended at 4.30pm ( 4 stages )
    **English assessment
    **Voice assessment - spoke to HSBC staff in India, have to prepare a short essay based on given topic and discuss. Read a short article to assess pronunciation and intonation
    **Interview with HR manager - talk about experience and excepted salary
    **Interview with Hiring Manager - talk about customer service skill

Commercial Bank Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First it need answer questions online then they will call you to schedule phone interview. One month later, the first round interview is conducted with HR by phone, which is less than 30min. All are behavioral questions. Regular interview questions. They are very focused on the characters of the person. You are expect to answer questions quickly and clearly.

Interview Questions

• Why HSBC? Why financial services? Tell a time Complex Problem-Solving? Qualification? How would you deal with a difficult customer?Describe a difficult situation or challenge you had to overcome and what you did to resolve it? Tell me a situation in the past you have to influence others on decision makings.Describe a time that you failed. and questions related to the position.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I submitted the application online and was invited to take a situational judgment test and inductive reasoning test. The tests were not hard. Then, I was invited for a phone interview after a week. The interview was entirely behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your team disagreed
      Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult individual   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2016.

Interview

First apply online, then immediately have online test(Situational Judgment Test + IQ Test). A week after they will send you telephone interview invitation and will get the result one or two days after interview. Finally will be Assessment Centre/Superday

Interview Questions

• almost all behavioral questions. Why HSBC? Why HSBC Securities specifically? What skills you can bring to HSBC? Describe a difficult decision you have ever made   1 Answer

Coverage Relationship Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Questionnaire and two reasoning tests online. Got called for an on-campus interview composed of two back-to-back half hour interviews. Got selected for final rounds in NY three days later where I had four back-to-back interviews.

Interview Questions

• How many times do you think the Fed will raise interest rates in the next 12-18 months?
      What would you do to determine if you should make a loan to a client? What factors should you consider?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

phone call interview first, then manager and branch manager.Surrounded by extremely high-quality talent, which is a great environment for personal development. Talent development processes are robust and rigorously tracked.

Career progress is well understood.

Internal mobility program affords great exposure across products and geographies.

Business Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Less than 30 minutes going over my biography matching line by line with job posting. Going perfectly well in terms of matching my background and experience.
    After asking my past salary, the interviewer shifted tone completely and quickly brought the call to a close. And that's how it ended leaving the frustration of wasting time for a position that was clearly budgeted for way less than the market rate.

Interview Questions

• After asking my past salary, the interviewer shifted tone and quickly brought it to an end.   1 Answer

Coverage Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. The recruiter was really helpful and she emailed me about scheduling my interview on a different day as I couldn't make it to the SuperDay. However, after the interview they didn't follow up on me. i reached out to ask for a confirmation about their decision how ever they never responded to my two emails, which i think is extremely unprofessional on their behalf.

S&T Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, which was a pretty arduous process including 3 mini essay prompts and 2 timed exams. A week later received notification for a 1st round phone interview. With a subsequent superday email sent the same day to take place at the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• what would you invest a million dollars in if handed to you today   Answer Question

IBD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

the interviewer is kind and helpful. i got a little nervous at first, but he told me that i should be more relaxed

it was great and most of questions are prepared

mostly behavior questions