HSBC Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017
1,950 Interview Reviews

2.9

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

I interviewed for the job but they were looking for people with experience with larger clients. Overall experience was good, easy questions to understand if the past experience was relevant.

Interview Questions

• What are your skills? What did you use to do in your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview, Then superday with 5 interviews one on one. Process took 2-3 weeks total. Bring into main office. A group case interview followed by in person interviews. Process was organized and efficient. Some breaks in between interviews.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral focused, market knowledge, understanding of firm culture and history   1 Answer

Global Banking Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Rochester, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

it is very typical behavior interview conducted by outsourcing HR.
    very easy to prepare. HR is a Chinese girl, and there is not much of interactions. the skype is not double way because i can't see her face.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2016.

Interview

The worse process, ever! I interviewed for several positions over the years but never one did I heard back from the recruiter on the outcome. This is just outright rude! I will not apply for positions with them.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

The whole process takes three hours. And the interviews have two parts: behavior questions part and technical questions part. In behavior questions part, three people have interviewed with me; in addition, they have test of internal audit for me.

China Returns Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Telephone, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Firstly online application and then two online tests (situational judgement test and logical reasoning test). Then two interviews conducted in English and Mandarin respectively. The final one is assessment center.

Interview Questions

• 1.Why HSBC? 2. Why this programme 3. What kinds of challenges you will face in this programe? 4. Tell me a example when you deal with a difficult thing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am in the process.

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I got this chance from online application. Two rounds phone interview. The first round focus on resume and behavior question. Second round is about technical question, Brain teasers and brief introduction about team. The whole process is average level and the job requires a lot in data analysis.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Salinas, CA).

Interview

Multiple levels of interviews with no specific questionnaire format. Extended decision to hire period as the scope of the job was not clearly defined - thus resulting in multiple changes. Too many personalities attempting to agree on one candidate.

Interview Questions

• What attributes will I bring to the position applied for.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Overall it is nice experience. First I got the call from HR , then they scheduled a 1-1 interview. I was interviewed by the branch manager directly, and it is about basic behavior questions such as why you would choose HSBC, any experience with difficult clients etc. He also introduced about the company missions and culture.

Interview Questions

• it is about basic behavior questions such as why you would choose HSBC, any experience with difficult clients etc.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through HSBC's online system, needed to finish 4 essays of 250 words each. After finishing 2 online assessments, I was invited for a phone interview. Interview time slots are arranged based on UK time, the interviewer was from a third-party and had a strong British accent. The phone interviews were mostly about behavioral questions. The atmosphere was pretty casual.