HSBC Holdings Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online for an investment banking position in NYC. The first step in the process was phone screening. 100% behavior based, asking typical phone screen questions. The interviewer was with someone not part of their team, they were part of the talent acquisition team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

A phone interview with basic walking trough resume and behaviors. Details of DCF, transactions, and comparables. The interviewer was nice and corrected some of my answers. Also gave me an introduction of how the office functions

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are there in HK   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Some behavioral: Tell me about yourself, walk me through your summer internship experience, why are you not working at the firm you interned at this summer, why investment banking over S&T/Asset Management, etc. The rest technical: several basic and intermediate accounting questions, valuation methodologies and their differences, markets questions, DCF, M&A.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Make sure to know your resume. Know all parts of a CIM and pitch deck. Know specific deal experience and be able to talk about both the target and the sponsor (or strategic).

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview first with H&R-Behavioul questions
    Interview with department
    Interview with manager

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

I had already been waiting a few weeks after sending the application but everything was sped up after meeting some associates at a networking evening and one offered to forward my CV onto HR. I was then invited to sit the online tests and the next day I was invited to book a telephone interview. I found out within a week that I had passed the interview for the assessment centre (they had kept me well-informed via email along the way about my application progress until then). The AC was a full day that consisted of two business interviews, one competency and a case study. You also had to pass the numerical test at the start.

Interview Questions

• If you had a sizeable sum of money to invest in a company (with a large stake) what would you want to know when deciding whether to invest?   2 Answers

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. My dad knew the Vice CEO of the company so therefore my interview process was fairly basic and simple. The interview was very chilled and relaxed and i didn't feel any pressure at all because i knew i was going to get the job.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2017.

Interview

Firstly, take the online application where you have to answer a few questions and submit the usual details, then complete their tests and complete a video interview. After that, you may be invited to a personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Mainly competency-based questions and there was one technical question.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2018.

Interview

Many rounds of interviewers, each with different questions, some were panels while others were in groups of candidates. There were also IQ tests and other product knowledge questions

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2018.

Interview

Face to Face interview - behavioral, CV based (fast-tracked)
    Online test and job simulator (Scenario judgement test)
    Assessment Center Interview - 1 case study, 2 presentations, 1 behavioral interview, 1 technical interview

Interview Questions

• How do you describe financial crisis 2008?
      How to get 4 gallons of oil using a container of 3 gallons and one of 5 gallons?
      How to estimate the number of people London City Airport handles on a day in October?
      Basic technical questions - valuation, 3 statements, corporate finance, M&A... ...
      Pick a financial headline from the three given options and present in 10 minutes.   Answer Question