HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Leicester, England | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Leicester, England

Updated Mar 2, 2017

3.5

Commercial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)).

Interview

Firstly there was an online assessment consisting of 16 scenarios: basically you read a paragraph that decribes a scenario and then you are given 3 possible actions. You have to pick one best action and one worst action. This took about 20 mins.

After that you have a telephone interview on which you are asked sone genersl questions followed by 5 competency based questions.

At the actual face to face interview there is a short section where they explain the shift patterns involved and maybe sure you know what the job entails. Then there are 5 competency based questions. I was asked the following:

Describe when you have worked effectively in a team.

Describe when you have provided excellent customer service.

Describe when you had to tell a customer something they weren't happy with.

Describe when you've followed a regulatory process.
    Describe when you've dealt with a difficult customer.

After this there is a role playing segment in which you have 15 mins to read the instructions. There is info on 2 fictitious customers (balances on accounts) and some general info on products e.g. Savings, credit cards, loans. The interviewer goes to another room and calls you as though he is a customer. You have to answer the phone and follow a standard script to begin with. After this you are expected to converse with the customer to answer their queries and upsell by mentioning appropriate products and services. It's fairly straightforward but you just have to keep cool and not get flustered.

I'm waiting to see I've been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you've followed a regulatory process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not applicable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Poor, I applied for a full time role and because of the flexible shift pattern they could not accommodate for 4 hours when I was unavailable during the working week. They wanted you to be available from 7am to 12am monday to sunday. I stated this on my application and yet was happy to still received a telephone interview. On the telephone interview when asked about my availability and I informed them again of the time I was unavailable and they did not even bother to continue with the interview. It was a waste of 2 hours filling in the application form and it seems that they did not even bother to read my cv properly.

Commercial Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Firstly, there was the phone interview which was pretty easy and basic, so what you usally get asked like: Was there a time where you took control of the situation and what was the outcome? So basically competency questions. I passed the phone interview, then came the face to face interview plus a role play, the process was approx 1hr 15 mins. I would personally say the reason I was not successful was because they were not true to their words, so she said if you want me to repeat the question or need time to answer or think let me know which I did, she also said we don't expect you to know much about our products, but when it came to the feedback she said you took time to think and I had to repeat the questions? Also you didn't explain the products in the role play? Is that not double standard?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was given a sheet where I was asked to answer the main questions about Why HSBC? What skills can you bring? In the interview process when I was asked the competency questions I was not asked company questions. The competency questions were Tell me about a time you had to deal with a 1) problem/complaint, 2) a challenging situation 3) delivered great customer service 4) took initiative/ influenced someone 5) learnt from a mistake, there are six questions but I can't remember them all. I then did a situational test call, where the manager would call through pretending to be the customer and I had to input the information and advice the customer. They were going on holiday so I suggested currency money and you have to try and offer other products like loans. Make sure you look at the right accounts, look at the figures correctly like the balance of their mortgage and if you are processing a loan, say that you will get back to them to confirm that it has gone through.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview they look at how honest you are, dependency and open you are. general standard questions.

Negotiation

None