HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in Leicester, England | Glassdoor

3.3

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

1. some basic questions and availability and introduction of the role from first phone call, this also set a date/time for the actual phone interview
    2. actual phone interview, questions are very basic customer service and competency oriented

Customer Service - Commercial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Situation Judgement Test (Easy Typical Work Practice)
    Telephone Interview (Competency Based Questioned)
    The Final stage is onsite interview. (Five Competency Questions / Role Play )
    The overall process is designed to provide a great interview experience and it does provide opportunity to learn about the role and the HSBC Contact Center. You will be required to have flexibility with shift patterns, ability to change the shift pattern when require by the business and you will not able to leave the job within 12 months. you will not able to gain a parking permit on site due to there is 4 years of waiting period.

On site interview turned out to be very unprofessional. The interviewer enjoyed chewing gum whilst conducting a interview and appalling at making notes whilst you answer the competency based questions. During the interview you can feel that you will be treated as a number rather than a human being. The role play exercise is basic but the second part has a tiny trick to it, how much would it cost for the travel insurance? The provided information would not have specific cost so if you chose not to provide a price or provide a made up number then your answer would be wrong therefore unsuccessful with the job application.

Feedback after the application would involve persuasive comment such you will be welcome to apply again, but unfortunately this time you haven’t got the job. Well Done HSBC !
    I was passionate about joining the most amazing company, but later stage I found out that I have been let down by the incompetent recruiter and lack in manners.

Overall the interview process is interactive and fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Questions will vary but they are made around HSBC core values.
      Regulatory process, Dealing with challenging Situation, Why HSBC and the particular role ?   1 Answer

Commercial Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with an online application and then some online assessments - which weren't too bad. i was followed up with a telephone interview asking some questions. I passed this stage and then was contacted to book a face to face interview. This consisted off a role play and some questions. I feel as if the questions werent asked that well leading me to become confused and not answer them in the way that they wanted them to be. Best advice i can give is follow the STAR method and be as specific as possible. this is one thing they mark you on. the questions that were asked on the telephone interview were asked again at the face to face interview. when i got my feedback she explained about the silences during the role play - i think this is unfair especially if you've never done a call centre role before and the amount of information they give you for the role play. they ask 5 questions and ask for an example to relate it too.

Interview Questions

• When have you find it hard to follow policies and procedures?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you delivered exceptional customer service?   Answer Question
    • A question about working along side others and maintaining working relationships.   Answer Question
    • What are your career aspirations?   Answer Question

Commercial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)).

Interview

Firstly there was an online assessment consisting of 16 scenarios: basically you read a paragraph that decribes a scenario and then you are given 3 possible actions. You have to pick one best action and one worst action. This took about 20 mins.

After that you have a telephone interview on which you are asked sone genersl questions followed by 5 competency based questions.

At the actual face to face interview there is a short section where they explain the shift patterns involved and maybe sure you know what the job entails. Then there are 5 competency based questions. I was asked the following:

Describe when you have worked effectively in a team.

Describe when you have provided excellent customer service.

Describe when you had to tell a customer something they weren't happy with.

Describe when you've followed a regulatory process.
    Describe when you've dealt with a difficult customer.

After this there is a role playing segment in which you have 15 mins to read the instructions. There is info on 2 fictitious customers (balances on accounts) and some general info on products e.g. Savings, credit cards, loans. The interviewer goes to another room and calls you as though he is a customer. You have to answer the phone and follow a standard script to begin with. After this you are expected to converse with the customer to answer their queries and upsell by mentioning appropriate products and services. It's fairly straightforward but you just have to keep cool and not get flustered.

I'm waiting to see I've been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you've followed a regulatory process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not applicable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Poor, I applied for a full time role and because of the flexible shift pattern they could not accommodate for 4 hours when I was unavailable during the working week. They wanted you to be available from 7am to 12am monday to sunday. I stated this on my application and yet was happy to still received a telephone interview. On the telephone interview when asked about my availability and I informed them again of the time I was unavailable and they did not even bother to continue with the interview. It was a waste of 2 hours filling in the application form and it seems that they did not even bother to read my cv properly.

Commercial Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Firstly, there was the phone interview which was pretty easy and basic, so what you usally get asked like: Was there a time where you took control of the situation and what was the outcome? So basically competency questions. I passed the phone interview, then came the face to face interview plus a role play, the process was approx 1hr 15 mins. I would personally say the reason I was not successful was because they were not true to their words, so she said if you want me to repeat the question or need time to answer or think let me know which I did, she also said we don't expect you to know much about our products, but when it came to the feedback she said you took time to think and I had to repeat the questions? Also you didn't explain the products in the role play? Is that not double standard?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was given a sheet where I was asked to answer the main questions about Why HSBC? What skills can you bring? In the interview process when I was asked the competency questions I was not asked company questions. The competency questions were Tell me about a time you had to deal with a 1) problem/complaint, 2) a challenging situation 3) delivered great customer service 4) took initiative/ influenced someone 5) learnt from a mistake, there are six questions but I can't remember them all. I then did a situational test call, where the manager would call through pretending to be the customer and I had to input the information and advice the customer. They were going on holiday so I suggested currency money and you have to try and offer other products like loans. Make sure you look at the right accounts, look at the figures correctly like the balance of their mortgage and if you are processing a loan, say that you will get back to them to confirm that it has gone through.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Leicester, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview they look at how honest you are, dependency and open you are. general standard questions.

Negotiation

None