HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in London, England

Updated May 23, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Total rubbish process from beginning to end. The screw-up starts at the recruiter not demonstrating great recruitment skills, messed up process that sends low confidence message to the candidate. Then the hiring manager is shooting for stars, literally. The entire process is flaky, poorly managed, no clear cut role profile, and the worst is they suggested a pay below market rate.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The managers are all professional and friendly. Very pleasant and positive experience. However, the recruiter who oversees the recruitment process is absolutely a nightmare to deal with. No timely response was provided and she behaved very unprofessionally. Extremely sloppy way to handle candidates indeed. There was no email address was provided to contact her until the very end. When I phoned, she's either very impatient and gave me attitude or simply avoided me completely (refused to returning my calls even after I had left a polite voice mail). As a candidate, I was left in the dark completely. For sure, it is one of the worst recruiters I have ever experienced. Only recruiter from RBS is worse than this based on my experience. HSBC really should do a better job on quality control. Good HR is good PR!

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The application required the completion of online application form including cover letter, CV and answering 4 questions. Successful review than required numerical and logical reasoning online tests before an invitation for a phone interview. The last stage of the process was an assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of 4 different parts - a business analysis exercise, a group exercise, a situational interview and a business interview.

Interview Questions

• Situational judgement:
      - What would you do if you were given two cases that had to be completed by the same date?
      - When have you made a mistake?
      - When have you has constructive feedback?
      - When have you disagreed with a decision?

Business interview:
      - Why HSBC?
      - Why division and internship?
      - What makes HSBC different?
      - What do you know about a current economic event?
      Answer Question

Global Liquidity and Cash Management Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and then a first round telephone interview

Make sure to word your answers to the competency questions so that they are close to or meet the maximum word limit. Take time to read through your answers and try to avoid any spelling or grammatical errors.

The first round telephone interview lasts approximately 30 minutes with generally simply competency questions. It was split into 3 sections :
    1) Why HSBC/department?
    2) What skills do you have/challenges will you face in this role?
    3) Tell me about a time when...

Global Banking and Markets Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial online application followed by online skills tests and a telephone fit and capability interview. Telephone interview had typical questions about motivation for the sector, role and company following which successful candidates are invited to an assessment centre.

Assessment centre was all day and involved an individual analysis exercise, a group task, individual capability interview and individual business interview, with breaks for lunch and tea/coffee. The day was well structured and there were lots of chances to meet current employees and ask about their experiences. All the activities were done in a friendly and professional manner and the whole process was pleasantly stress-free. The individual interviewers were very approachable and communicative about the role and the company and there seemed to be a large focus on a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Why financial services?
      Why HSBC?
      Why this programme?
      What are you expecting from the programme?
      Capability questions were fairly typical: How you deal with failure and improvement, a time that you displayed initiative, etc.
      Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online for a summer analyst position in Asia in global banking and markets. Especially interested in investment banking. Was contacted for a phone interview with a nice lady from UK. Successfully passed the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in HSBC? Why global banking and market? What sub-division? Any difficult decision? Any ethical dilemma? What are you looking to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

There was great communication. No phone interview just a call to invite me for a face to face. They held the meeting close to me even though the job was in a different city. It was a mix of technical questions (SQL), problem solving and personal questions.

Cashier In London Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application, did a scenario based assessment online, then got a pre-screening call from HSBC, then received a telephone interview. The telephone interview was about three questions, each with several follow-up questions. I did not pass the interview, so I sent an email to ask for the feedback, the interviewer made an appointment with me in the following week, but she forgot to call me.

Co-op Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

1.SHL tests- standard tests make sure you practise finishing the tests in adequate time, alongside 2 mini essays and cover letter and CV. Also a verbal test somewhere included
    2. numeracy test- quite a difficult maths test so make sure you practise
    3. HR interview- competency based
    4. Line manager interview- having soon

Customer Service Representative - Business Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

first applied online then sent me online assessment situational judgement easy but needs practice and then phone interview it was good 2 questions only tell about time when you acted beyond and exceed customer expectation , describe major challenge you have encountered you have to be hones because they ask for every detail week later was face to face interview the good news is you pass phone screening and online assessment only once and then they have your record the final interview was five capability based when you give examples from your previous experience after all it was very professional interview but i made several mistakes i didn't shake hands I interrupted the interviewer but not on purpose of course and eventually i had 4 years banking experience however not in the uk which didn't make me the best candidate. and what they actually looking for is enthusiasm really important and how you are excited about this challenge and what will you bring to it

Interview Questions

• tell about a time when you made difficult decision maybe conflict with manager or when you challenged certain role in a way that saved the bank or customer satisfaction?
      time when you have utilised customer need and offered product he would benefit from?
      time when you used your negotiation skills and persuaded one or group to follow your lead?
      time when you have spotted compliance related issue and how did you act?
      tell about time when you build and maintain lasting relation with customer ?
      1 Answer