HSBC Holdings Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

3.1

298 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

My profile was shortlisted for the position of Mainframe DB2 DBA. I had an experience of 2.5 years. I had faced one F2F technical interview round and then HR round. The process was very smooth as I was called for the F2F interview in Pune, Business Bay location. The interview lasted for around 45 minutes. The interviewer covered almost all the topics and fortunately I was selected for the position.

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was approached by a headhunter to interview at HSBC. And I was invited for an interview with the hiring manager, who I had researched and appeared to have an impressive resume and education. I arrived for the interview slightly early, and was left waiting in reception for 10 minutes past the interview time. I was then collected by HR and taken to a large meeting room, and walked past the hiring manager who acknowledged with HR that we were meeting, however, then left us for another 5-10 minutes. When he did join, he started by saying he didn't have much time, and so he wanted to ask his questions first.
    I have listed some of the questions below, however, overall it was the most appalling experience I have had in an interview. The hiring manager's questions were hard to understand, and he became inappropriately agitated when I did not provide the answers he wanted to hear. He was condescending. After asking a number of pointless questions where he requested an inordinate amount of irrelevant detail, he informed myself and HR that he needed the room so we needed to leave and continue elsewhere.
    HR apologised for his behaviour, with an off the cuff, "That's just him" remark. However, clearly concerned that I would have been within my rights to make a complaint about the experience, the HR rep continued to try to find fault with my experience, which included oh well you have never worked in a large company -- I have worked in a number of Fortune 500 companies.

Interview Questions

• 1. Look at the screen (referring to a TV screen in the room) and pretend you can see yourself, what do you see? No LOOK AT IT!! You are being too abstract.   1 Answer

Customer Service Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

I first did the online assessment which took about 30 mins to do. Two weeks later I got a call to do a telephone interview. This took about 30 mins. Ask questions like have you gone the extra mile for customers? etc etc. The person on the phone said I have passed my telephone interview and they will contract me within a week to organise an interview. The interview was based in the branch with the branch manager as well as customer service manager. They explain to me the interview was going to be in three parts. First was face to face, second was planning day to day diary in branch and lastly was a role play. The face to face interview was 5 questions. They expect you to known HSBC value and relate it to your answers. Second part was how to plan a diary. For example, what time should you do your task and what time should you see your customers. Lastly, was the role; the scenario was the customer coming to the branch to change his address. It tells you had to deal with the customer but you also need to remember to tell the customer about the voice ID or the mortgage that HSBC have. Overall it was good experience and very nice branch manager as well.

Corporate Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Video interview. Varied amounts of time to prepare. Gives you a commercial deal and you have to answer numerical and some logical questions based on it. Then some questions on ethics, so client has not provided necessary details, what would you do in that situation. Relaxing experience as not face to face. You also have to write an email back to a client in 7 minutes, addressing the fact that you don't have the necessary details. (Didn't get to finish this part)

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Video Assessment. Took around 30-45 minutes to complete.
    Gave a fictional scenario and had to answer questions based on this.
    Had to answer in multiple formats, including recording, written and some maths questions.

Asset Management Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Video Interview for the Asset Management Summer Internship, Analyst, standard procedure. Five to eight Questions, thirty second preparation between each, two minutes per question maximum. Duration thirty five minutes in total.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

the online tests and interview was very in-depth where it was scenario based and the interview was pretty much tackling a case study. the initial tests came up again in the interview so be prepared for more numerical testing.

IB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview: it was a competence based interview. It asked about some of the things mentioned in the CV and some other basic questions related to HSBC and the industry.

Interview Questions

• One time when you had a difficult situation in a group work and how did you overcome it ?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

The whole process took me about a month.
    1. Apply online(upload CV, answer some questions)
    2. Online assessment( about 20mins )
    3. Phone Screen
    4. phone interview
    5.face to face interview at branch(about 5-8 questions, use examples)

Finance Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

You are required to complete several online psychometric tests before your application is even considered. Then required to answer a question about the current economy in less than 250 words. After this, you are required to complete a pre recorded video interview to answer questions about how you would approach several real life business situations that you may encounter should you get the role.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from this case study and what would you do differently next time?   Answer Question