HSBC Holdings Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Management Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

3.5

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

online ability test, phone interview and on-stie interview by HR and AC center group interview.
HR interview is more focused on individual characteristics and behaviors. Group interview is more focused on business analysis ability.

Interview Questions

• HR interview: your strong suit and weaknesses. AC center: business case analysis and prompt individual presentation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

This was organized through a collaboration between my uni. and HSBC, and was instrumental in making me realize what I want to do.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go to financial markets at this time of crisis?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

phone interview
    I have never done a phone interview before..only face to face. And without looking at the facial expression of the interviewer (feedback), it's harder to adjust the length and direction of my answer. Thus I was more nervous than usual.

I think the best place to do the phone interview might be your current company's meeting room XD. Because it's a bit weird to do a 30 mins business call at your home. The questions are those you can expect. It won't be too difficult. Get prepared and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2013.

Interview

1. Describe yourself briefly
    2. How do you understand about this program?
    3. How do you understand about team cooperation?
    4. What is the most challenging part in leading a group?

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Structured but took some time and there are the stages of online assessments, phone screening for 30 minutes and then an assessment day where you are interviewed as a group and then individually.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

First a online job simulation test with situation simulation and numeral tests, no specific academic background is needed, then a video interview with some situation questions and email writing.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Taipei (Taiwan)) in March 2015.

Interview

When I applied the programme, I was studying for my master degree overseas. I submitted the application via email to the company's HR email address. After my application was accepted, I got an online assessment (just go google HSBC assessment and you will find out plenty of the samples.) After a few days, I got an email scheduling a phone interview with the HR representative. The HR interview was basic resume walkthrough and some simple behavioral questions. Keep in mind that HR representatives tend to ask follow up questions like "Can you give me another example?" or "Can you tell me how your peers react to what you did?" After a few days, I got an email inviting me to participate in an on-site assessment center.
    It was a full day assessment including individual/group case study and presentations and role play. There was no skill based question but it did need some business senses to complete tasks (so don't be afraid if you are not business/finance major, but do get your self familiar with some basic business senses e.g. profit and loss analysis, etc.) There were very senior representatives from the bank to be the interviewers so be prepared to speak directly to multiple CEO one-downs.
    If you can get the assessment center invitation then it means you are qualified for the job in many aspects. The only thing the company (and you) needs to find out is "fitness". The assessment center took a whole day for reasons and one of them was to allow the interviewers (HR assessors) to truly know you. You have to be yourself and see if the company fits you.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest setback you have ever faced and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Jakarta (Indonesia)).

Interview

The process was very organized and professional. The HR staff greeted me and the other candidates very friendly and answered all questions, after which they explained that we had to complete a series of tests and tasks.

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

There are four stages of interviews, including online assessment and job simulation assessment, which we would do it online. It is interesting, and could help people realise how the commercial banking is.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kolkata (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

2 written exam out of 1 is IQ and domain subject and other 2 screening test
    2 verval 1 is hr and 1 sr.manager. The process is difficult and leanthy and one another thing is candidate should have strong spocken englisg and computer skill like excel.