HSBC Holdings Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

In person - 4 managers in succession, one after the other almost like speed dating and very unprofessional. After about 2 hours I was done with the process. I received a call from HR about a month later with an offer but took another 4-5 months to get in the door. Should have noticed that red flag immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? We are a mess, completely screwed up and you may have a job for life.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by 4 hours fo face to face. It was actually quite good and helpful. The people I spoke with were upfront about the role and the company - to a fault!

Interview Questions

• Not too sure about this one, it was not too difficult as I found the manager to be similiar to myself. I quite enjoyed speaking to them and really they were why I took the role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered and they accepted...you need to counter as they will likely low ball you. Also be aware that raises are almost non-existant so get as much up front as you can.

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pomona, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

1 phone interview, 3 follow up interviews, 1 skills test, background and credit check. You 1st talk to HR on phone and 1st interview, then you talk to a department manager, then to the director. After the last interview, you will be walked down to HR and given an offer or they will ask to call you back once a decision is made.

Interview Questions

• They asked general management questions during the entire process. Such as, why do you think you ll be successful, how do you deal with a difficult situation, and tell me a time when you were upset at a peer or management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

yes, ask what you want and go down from there. I asked $5000 higher than I wanted and negotiated my pay down, using the example of my experience as why I should be paid more. This is my best advice, also having a copy of previous pay history and the salary range for this position is helpful.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Mainly statistical concepts and project discussions. No technical questions on Statistical tools. 1 round from India and one US round. Poor hike offered. HR ppl not cooperative at all. No co-relation of qualification with the salaries offered. the only thing that matters to them is years of work experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change your job in such a short time-period   1 Answer

Poor hike in salary

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

it was surprisingly too short & easy. recruiter calls for phone interview and then sets face to face interview with hiring manager. met with hiring manager and then was presented with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at HSBC?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2018.

Interview

Worst interview experience I ever had!
    I was notified of the result nearly 2 months after the final interview. Human Resource Manager was my only contact person who was simply unreachable for over a month after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Stakeholder Management experience   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

It is good comprehensive process which takes a lot of gruelling and one needs to brush up all the basics concepts one has learnt in his past . The process is long and one has to go through many rounds almost 4 rounds and as well as a analytical test

Interview Questions

• Why hsbc is your go-to company   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)) in May 2018.

Interview

Quite informal, one of the interviewers was not being professional in the interview (Second top button on his shirt was undone on purpose revealing some chest hair). I was informed one day before to get ready for the interview where else other candidates were given at least a week.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online back in September 2018 for a manager role in the HSBC London offices.
    Was contacted via their Career Portal Messaging systems that they were unable to contact me. Paradoxical right? You are contacting a candidate that you are unable to contact him/her back.
    Anyhow, I realized that it might be a mistake an managed to reach out to a senior recruiter who was kind and helpful in reaching out to the recruiter who was handling the role.
    Eventually I was able to go through the initial screening call and was looking forward for the next step in the process.
    After a couple of weeks without any feedback I sent an email to the recruiter I had the call with asking for a situation update.
    I received no update over the recruitment process, just that there was now another recruiter handling the role.
    Another week passed when I reached out to the new recruiter asking for the same status update.
    Funnily, the new recruiter told me that there is now a new recruiter, third one managing this role.
    From this moment on I had weekly email and call exchanges with the second recruiter because the third one for some reason was completely ignoring me.
    In the 5th week, after I've been promised twice that the recruiter would call me, he eventually did.
    The first 10 minutes of the call were about him apologizing for not reaching out to me sooner, that he has some personal issues and that it is not how usually things are being done at HSBC, meaning my situation was some kind of an exception.
    He eventually managed to schedule the interview with the Hiring Manager, which went really well, not just based on my impression, but also based on the feedback I received during the call and after. The Hiring Manager wanted to meet me in person, and for me to meet the team the role belonged to.
    Everything sounded great, however as the holidays were approaching I was not expecting to be contacted the next day.
    The recruiter eventually called me just between Christmas and New Years to ask for my travel availability in January and for some potential meeting days that would suit everybody.
    From this moment it went silent again, he came back to weeks later to ask for a set of new dates; and eventually after two more weeks, at the end of January to let me know that all positions have been put on hold till April because of the Brexit.
    Well, not the ideal situation but made sort of sense.
    Now in the middle of February 2019 my application has been updated to unsuccessful, but the role has not been closed and is still active for potential new candidates.
    I can only guess the reasons as I received no further communication from anybody, so would not be fair to go into any details without facts.
    Bottom line and overall, the process was slow, not really transparent, at time frustrating and some of the recruiters should definitely work and improve on their communication skills.
    Not at all how a healthy and solid recruitment process should look like.
    If I am to give stars for the whole experience, it would be a 1 star out of 5.

Manager Interview

Interview

good, was interactive and learned a great deal about the position.good, was interactive and learned a great deal about the position.good, was interactive and learned a great deal about the position.