HSBC Holdings Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Personal Banker Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

first round is hr interview, second round is interviewed by sales managers

Interview Questions

• why do you interested in this position   1 Answer
  • why do you think you meet the requirement of this position   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Fremont, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with Branch Manager and the Branch Service Manager at the same time. They asked me some simple questions and started introduce their company and the position they are hiring. Then asked me to go. Maybe it is in a busy peak hour. Asked me to wait for their decision.

Waited for 3 weeks to complete the whole recruitment process such as body check and background check.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work in HSBC?   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2018.

Interview

First you have to complete a online test, it is nothing more than a personality quiz and how you will react to certain situations. After that, you set up a time with the HR Rep and she calls you for a 20 minutes interview. it is all basic interview questions regarding the position that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job? What are your strengths and weakness? Any customer service and cash handling experience?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Phone interview was brief received the lady conducting the interview was very nice, a follow up email the same day for the face 2 face. nervously waiting for the face2face new week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I took the interview because I was in between Jobs and wanted to polish my interview skills. I have experience in banking. I could tell by the Questions and Info they gave me about their bank that this Company did not have the resources or account options to compete with other banks in the city. It was Small time and and catered to the elderly and old fashioned. I would rather work somewhere that catered to a variety of People of all ages like Chase, TD, or Citibank.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with doing Cold Calls ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hawthorne, NY).

Interview

First take a test then take another one , if pass recruiter will contact and interview you over the phone . then the next step interview w branch manager and district manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online and called me on the same day. Then they scheduled me for a phone interview, and i passed cause at the next day i received an email saying im meeting a manager face to face. So im still waiting to see how it goes

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

3 interviews, first phone, then branch manager and after that area manager. Extremely nice people. Extremely organized recruiters. it was really pleasure to meet these people and have conversations with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

apole online, receive an email for interview. The manager in charge of the interview was kind of rude. Didn’t ask any Hr questions during the interview. Send me an email with all Hr questions one day later. Reply with answers and got no reply at all. Questions attached below, hope can help someone would like to work for HSBC.

Interview Questions

• 1. I’d like to learn more about how you have identified customer needs and offered possible solutions to deepen the client relationships.

What was the situation?

How did you uncover and identify customer needs?

What was the impact on the customer?

How did the customer respond?   Answer Question
    • 2. At HSBC we believe in doing the right thing - what is best for our customers.
      Tell me about a customer that has asked you for a product or service that you did not believe was best for their needs.

What was the situation?

What had the customer requested?

Why did you think the product / service did not meet their needs?

How did you handle the situation?

What alternatives did you consider?

What was the final outcome?   Answer Question
    • 3. Personal Bankers are required to understand all the different digital channels HSBC offers its customers.
      Tell me about a time when you helped a client learn a new digital channel to create the best customer experience or teach other team members how to utilize digital channels.

Example probes:

How comfortable are you discussing digital channels with customers?

How comfortable are you teaching team members how to use digital channels?

What benefits or features did you explain to the customer?

What was the outcome of the experience?   Answer Question
    • 4. Tell me about a time when you were faced with a challenging situation where you had to adapt and be more flexible to the change?

Example probes:

What action did you take to make it less challenging?

What was the outcome?

How would you adapt to a changing digital environment?

How would you overcome the challenge?

How would you embrace change and help your team members adapt as well?   Answer Question
    • 5. Personal Bankers are required to be a team player within the branch and contact center agents.

Tell me about a time when you were a team player to ensure the customer had the best possible experience.

What was the outcome?

What steps did you take to get to the end result?

Have you ever asked for feedback from your peers on your delivery pertaining to client resolution?   Answer Question
    • 6. Tell me about a time when you had to handle a complex customer complaint.

Example probes:

Did you take ownership in the complaint or did you pass it on to a senior leader?

Can you help assist a customer from start to finish, if having the right tools and systems?

When client has a complaint, do you follow-up with them to make sure they are fully satisfied?

What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

The day after I applied for a position, I received an email from a recruiter inviting me for a phone interview. She requested the days and times I'd be available for the phone interview and I responded using multiple days and times. I have waited for a week now and I still have not heard back. I also sent a follow-up email to which there was no reply. Extremely discourteous and discouraging, to say the least.