HSBC Holdings Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Fremont, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with Branch Manager and the Branch Service Manager at the same time. They asked me some simple questions and started introduce their company and the position they are hiring. Then asked me to go. Maybe it is in a busy peak hour. Asked me to wait for their decision.

Waited for 3 weeks to complete the whole recruitment process such as body check and background check.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work in HSBC?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

first round is hr interview, second round is interviewed by sales managers

Interview Questions

• why do you interested in this position   1 Answer
    • why do you think you meet the requirement of this position   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

online application-online assessment and phone interview (simple question)-branch manager in person interview

online assessment is scenario testing (choose the most effective and least effective action)
    phone interview is just some basic questions, she is typing the answer while im answering
    branch manager interview-friendly environment, basic question

i think the recruitment is very efficient, got the reply around 2 or 3 hours after i submit the application online

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

phone interview, branch supervisor interview, branch manager interview. phone interview questions are most situation questions. face to face interview are more about yourself. such as your work experience, your skills and your career path.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Interview

I applied online. Did the assessment test and was sent a message that I passed. I've been waiting for the next step, 2 weeks later they just send me a message saying someone got the job already.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Nanaimo, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview asked basic questions. Takes 2-4 days after the first initial interview to find out if you get a formal interview with a branch manager.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for HSBC instead of any other bank?
      How can your manager motivate you?
      Do you know what this position entails?

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Applied through company website and completed personal assessment. Within a couple of days was contacted by HSBC for a phone interview. The phone interview contained some administrative questions (availability, location, etc.) and the remainder of the interview consisted of behavioural questions and questions about my work experience. After roughly one day I was contacted for an interview in the branch. This interview was very casual and contained mostly behavioural questions.

The interview was tailored around sales and achieving sales goals so be comfortable in describing your sales approach and how you will be successful.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you and how do you define success?
      how would you build a relationship with your coworkers at a new job?
      Tell us of a time you had trouble communicating something effectively?
      How would you deal with an upset customer?
      Tell us of a time you were unable to reach sales targets and how did you overcome this?

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Greeted by assistant manager of the branch, questions are classic, the atmosphere is relaxed, and it did not take long time. You can ask few question about the future of this position, like the working environment and schedule and location. But you can not find out the interviewer's real emotion, you have to wait for the HR call.

I am still waiting for my results actually

Interview Questions

• Introduce about yourself/ related experience to this position.   Answer Question
    • Give you two options, such as efficiency and priority which one is more important to you   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

First step telehphone interview. second step branch manager interview. it was easy process. just general questions regarding cash handling and customer service. recruiter is easy going as well. The complete process took 2 weeks.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to schedule a phone interview. after one week had a phone interview. Basic behavioral question. Tell me why HSBC? area of strength and weakness? How did you hear about this job? What is your salary expectation?

Unfortunately didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job?
      What is your salary expectation?