HSBC Holdings Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.6

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Fremont, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with Branch Manager and the Branch Service Manager at the same time. They asked me some simple questions and started introduce their company and the position they are hiring. Then asked me to go. Maybe it is in a busy peak hour. Asked me to wait for their decision.

Waited for 3 weeks to complete the whole recruitment process such as body check and background check.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work in HSBC?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

first round is hr interview, second round is interviewed by sales managers

Interview Questions

• why do you interested in this position   1 Answer
    • why do you think you meet the requirement of this position   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied at HSBC Toronto last December 21 and got an e-mail six days after asking me to complete a behavioural test. After two hours I got a phone call interview with the HR. Two weeks after I was invited by the assistant branch manager for a face to face interview. After four days, I was invited for a final interview with the branch manager. The interviewers were all friendly and basically asked the same questions except for the manager who focused on asking my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you deal with bad customers.
      Give me a situation where you provide excellent customer service.
      Why do you want to work on a bank.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I got 30 minutes phone interview for asking about me some basic questions such as tell me about your strength and weakness..... after 2 days later, the branch manager will call you to have a face to face interview.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

it was more like a conversation than an interview. the manager and the assist manager were very nice, asked me my study experiences. phone interview covered all of the questions about yourself and you career plan so in-person interview won't ask the repeated questions

Interview Questions

• could you tell me more about your working experiences on your resume   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

it was one of the worse interviews i have ever had. a lady called me for a phone interview and it was painful to talk to her. it was so clear that she did not spend a few minutes to at least look over my resume before asking me those dumb questions. she also places judgement before understanding the situation. she also talks as if she is not interested in you but the list of questions they ask is way too long. there is no need for all those questions if you are going to have an in person interview. oh and i could even cancel the interview because there is absolutely no information about her or the branch information or email or of any kind. i am glad that i didn't go to the in person interview because i can already feel the negativity and unprofessionalism from a phone call. such a shame that i also bank there too ,so knowing they have such poor qualities i might just switch bank.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

online application-online assessment and phone interview (simple question)-branch manager in person interview

online assessment is scenario testing (choose the most effective and least effective action)
    phone interview is just some basic questions, she is typing the answer while im answering
    branch manager interview-friendly environment, basic question

i think the recruitment is very efficient, got the reply around 2 or 3 hours after i submit the application online

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

phone interview, branch supervisor interview, branch manager interview. phone interview questions are most situation questions. face to face interview are more about yourself. such as your work experience, your skills and your career path.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

First, they call you to see if it is a good time to ask a couple of questions. You can rearrange to another time so that you have more time to prepare. Then after the phone interview, you are told to wait to be contacted by branch recruiters. Then you go into a face-to-face interview in the branch.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Interview

I applied online. Did the assessment test and was sent a message that I passed. I've been waiting for the next step, 2 weeks later they just send me a message saying someone got the job already.