HSBC Holdings Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

HSBC Holdings Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Buffalo, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online after hearing about opening from friend. Interviewed twice, about a month or so apart. company was very professional in its handling. I was kept up to speed with the latest developments. Never left hanging. After accepting job, my responsibilities were as expected. I worked with a group of capable people.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you improved operational efficiency   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position (Project Manager) with HSBC. I applied for the same position with JP Morgan. I was invited for an online Assessment by HSBC and JP Morgan. I passed both assessments however only JP Morgan replied after having passed their online assessment.

Interview Questions

• I have passed the Online Assessment Test at HSBC this summer however five weeks passed and I got never contacted by HSBC HR for any interviews or next steps. At the same time I got invited for a couple of interviews with JP Morgan and already signed the contract with JP Morgan within 1.5 weeks. HSBC never replied after I passed the online AT. I doubt the HR process of HSBC.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kowloon City, Kowloon (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kowloon City, Kowloon (Hong Kong)) in June 2009.

Interview

3 interviews in total meeting Senior Project Manager first followed by competency interview with Fixed Income Department Head. Final one is a procedural meeting with HR on generic career experience and aspiration.

Other better opportunities

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2010.

Interview

Began with phone interview for initial screening. Then face-to-face with prospective colleagues and managers, as well as HR.

Interview Questions

• How would your boss react if he knew that you were interviewing?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

This was an interview with a Hongkong based manager for a role in Sheffield and London, UK. This was a telephone interview followed by a "face-to-face". Both interviews were with the hiring manager, who was extremely easy to talk to. I absolutely got the feeling I knew this guy by the end.
    The logistics of the face to face interview were difficult - I had to go to their Canary Wharf building where I was left to sit in reception for over half an hour, and when finally sent to the relevant floor, I was given the wrong instruction and it took another 10 minutes to locate the contact who took me to the room for the interview.
    Having purposely arrived 20 minutes early (to allow for finding the right building etc), I was 30 minutes late and so not in the best frame of mind for the interview, which was conducted using a laptop and webcam.

Interview Questions

• My favourite question was: "if you could only use one to deliver your message, would you chose MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint"?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Competancy based / criteria based.
    Role plays
    External assessment

Interview Questions

• Relevant media coverage at time of interview and how i felt about the coverage, my thoughts, what would i have done. Real exposure of my own personality and values   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring mgr asked quite a lot of tricky hands on questions. Asked me what is the Fatca, what is the most challenging part in my daily work. Asked me some scenario questions as well to simulate how I will face the problem and how to solve it. The mgr was a pushy one and tried to put you in a difficult situation. Particularly hard to answer his question on how much I'm making right now.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2015.

Interview

The process was very quick and systematic. They completed three technical and one hr round in just a week. The question posed were very specific to my experience and more on hands on experience rather than generic theoretical questions.

Interview Questions

• explain how do you handle any change or exception in your project schedule or budget   Answer Question

Location was a constraint. Else I was very happy with the role

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Initial offer for a telephone interview received via email, followed by scheduling arrangements. Actual telephone interview consisted of a half hour call with a prearranged HR person, focusing on interactions with others and examples of challenges faced in current/historic situations. Overall experience was excellent, friendly and very good communications all round. This was followed by face to face with mid level recruiting couple on site in London, again arranged via email and associated phone confirmation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to address obtaining valuable information from a reluctant meeting attendee,   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Kraków (Poland)) in April 2015.

Interview

Very quick, very nice and professional. First stage via phone, after that live meeting in company office. References required. Review my CV and ask a lot of detailed questions about project methodology and how I solve issues and challenging situations in project.

private issue