HSBC Holdings Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Contacted by consultancy, had telephonic discussion based on past experience (not very tough), followed by face to face discussion and Situation Judgement test (which was passed as per HSBC carrier site) in May 2016 for Pune location.
I was advised to wait for further communication for HR discussion (final round)
There was no communication from the organisation / consultancy till July end . In August 2016, status of Situation Judgement test changed to unsuccessful and position was moved to Hyderabad.
Request all applicants to be Careful!!!!

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was conducted in yerwada business centre, one tecnical round, one hr round, was told that head hr would call for negotiations.
    Applied for java, spring, angular opening. Exp 5 years
    Requirement was for a person who can do end to end development. There would be no team. Kind of staffogs project

Interview Questions

• Asked me about difference in ng if abd ng show.
      First directive in angular
      Bootstrap integration with angular
      Spring basic questions
      Collections
      Methods thta object class contains
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Its too slow to process.
    First, there will one online test which you need to clear after that I went to a First technical round.
    After clearing the Technical round it was HR Discussion.
    I gave my interview in August, I received my offer letter in Nov 2016 and I joined in Jan 2017.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)) in August 2016.

Interview

friendly, open, talk a lot of questions, not only technical, friendly, open, talk a lot of questions, not only technical, friendly, open, talk a lot of questions, not only technical,

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I attended the HSBC interview process for java development profile on July 23rd , 2016. First round constituted of a MCQ test which had 65 questions from quant, Verbal, LR, Core java , Jsp/Servlets, Design patterns , XML and computer networks. Folks selected in this round had to attend a SGT test also known as psychometric test which was a behavioral test . This was again a MCQ . Thereafter, folks who got selected in this round had to attend a technical interview . HR round was done after a few days.

Interview Questions

• 5.0 years experience hence was asked about the project experience . A HSBC teller web application 's mockup , tools and technologies required to develop the app, business logic to be implemented were asked. Then core java questions on Exceptions, Collections , OOPS etc were asked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

The process tool entire day : 9AM to 6PM. After getting a chance to get interview at 5 PM, I was selected. and they told me HR person will contact you, After a week, I got call from HR. I did not give me what I asked for.

Pathetic. Do not join hsbc unless and untill you are very desperate for a job.
    Process is at snail's pace.. HR's are very arrogant and rude..Payscale is below market standard. They do not respect your time and efforts.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on Java,J2EE.. whatever you have written in the CV will be asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

1 Round of Technical(Brief introduction on profile)
    2 Round on Database Questions
    3 Round HR
    4 Telephonic round for selection to see if candidate is suitable or not selection to see candidate

Interview Questions

• 1. Lowest Salary Query
      2. Sorting and Group By
      3. Select vs delete vs truncate
      4. technical question
      5. HR questions
      6. Tell us about yourself
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

I got interview invite email from HR recruiter. The process took the whole day(9 AM to 9PM).I got interviewed in January 2016.There were total 5 rounds.1.Written(Apti+logic reasoning+analytical+English+Core Java+J2EE+J2EE Design patterns+DTD+SVN)2.SJT(It's online test which was just formality.)
    3.Technical F2F round 4.Project round 5.HR.I had cleared all rounds and filled employment form and submitted necessary docs.The HR recruiter-Celestine Fernandes-he told me he would release the offer in next week .When I tried to call him about offer,he never picked my phone.The interview process is slow and pathetic.The written exam designed for SSE role more concentrates on English and maths part instead of what type of work candidate has done in the past.They take freshers interviews with experienced guys and it becomes total mess.They hire the candidates especially who are good at English(from English Medium school guys) and who can not literally know how to start
    WebSphere Server.The HR recruiters are very lazy,rude and arrogant.Please do not attend the HSBC interview.Even if you get selected,do not trust them and not be in hope that they will hire you.Better join other companies.

Interview Questions

• Core Java,Spring,Design patterns and realtime scenarios   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview arrangement was very good but the interviewer was equally bad. He was too rude and extremely judgemental to understand candidate's point of view. A very bad experience. Did not expect such behaviour on part of an experience professional

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Screening Test -> 2 rounds of Technical (Who Don't know anything about Spring and They Take Interviews) -> Hr round (Package Negotiation). Every thing in One Day. Offer in 7 days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is Difficult there , Because they dont want any brain to work .... Just File Merging (win Merge)   Answer Question