HSBC Holdings Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.9

111 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

screening round , followed by 3 technical round and final HR

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

There was an aptitude test which was fairly easy after which there was a technical interview and then an HR interview. All of this was conducted on campus and was completed within a day. Results were declared on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about databases and my projects that I mentioned on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2014.

Interview

Written, Group Discussion and technical. Multiple rounds of technical. HR round follows. Written consists of C, C++, C#, Java, Testing etc. Technical is the most difficult one. Be prepared for difficult questions. Good to go with high level knowledge of programming and analytical concepts.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Campus Interviewed: Write a code for sorting a array.

Thats it !! Then HR Round

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Got interview through campus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in April 2013.

Interview

I have posted my resume logging in to HSBC GLT website, After a month HR contacted me for a drive and it all started on one fine saturday. We reached the HSBC GLT center at 9 :00 , the interview process was well planned and was satisfactory, We had the following rounds

1) Written test with objective questions ( 1 hour )
    Basically on Java, Logical Reasoning , Aptitute , J2EE and English.

2) Technical Interview (45 mins)
    Core Java , Spring, Webservices and project related . All questions where asked to test the depth of your knowledge and not just the basic. My technical interviewer asked me very interesting questions and really admire his knowledge. Could satisfactory give answer to 60 - 70% of his questions and hence cleared it

3) HR round (20 mins)
    It was basically a very friendly background check kind of discussion and had some salary negotiation.

One thing I really liked about HSBC interview was they where very frank in letting u know whether u got selected to next round or you may just leave. Because usually in other companies we get a nice statement saying "HR will contact you soon" and nice big simple which never happens

Interview Questions

• Just having a indepth knowledge about your core technology is a must, As I have seen technical round was the situation where most ppl couldnt make out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had negotiated for some fixed CTC during my HR round and gave my reasons, After some days they mailed me a salary structured interms of fixed pay and not CTC. Though it was bit less then what i expected , I am satisfactory with the offer and job location and accepted it . Afterall more than pay what really matters is your working for a Global Leader in Banking :)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2010.

Interview

2 interviews , pretty simple to crack , just asked basic questions

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was placed during campus. The process is similar to other IT companies. They check your approach and solution driven implementations. Quantitative Aptitude was easy bit. GD were slight tough. HR are simple and interesting.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

HR has called and brief about job role and Project. Within a week they conducted Technical interview 1 and round 2 followed by HR round for salary discussion.Overall all process took 2 week.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Pune (India)).

Interview

The process was a Very easy process. Took a day for 1 technical round and 1 hr round after giving technical + aptitude test, but got offer letter after two months. Asked basic Java questions - OOPs concepts and so on.