HSBC Holdings Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Summer Analyst

HSBC Holdings Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at HSBC Holdings

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in November 2014.

Interview

They were very chill. It was a phone interview and then a face to face interview. It was mostly based on fit questions and there weren't any technical questions. it was a back to back interview with two people and it seemed like it was a good cop and bad cop type of interview. The fit questions were very typical, revolving around leadership experience, why HSBC, and name your weakness.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied on the company website and had a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard. There were a lot of behavioural questions and a few technical questions. Went through your resume, introduce yourself, teamwork experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc. The whole process took around three to four weeks. Just be well-prepared.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus website. Two round interview. First round: on campus interview, very easy and casual interview, one-two people from HSBC come to the campus. Second round: Office interview, four people in row, thirty minutes slots each. Asking about your future career plan and some expert questions. They sent you some articles to read, and asked about the article. People there were nice and friendly

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your school/ major?
      What is you prevision of your career in five years?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

it was very difficult. questions were very tough. started with technical round and all questions were bouncing back. some questions included what is your previous experience, how were you able to over come your weakness

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview, Then superday with 5 interviews one on one. Process took 2-3 weeks total. Bring into main office. A group case interview followed by in person interviews. Process was organized and efficient. Some breaks in between interviews.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral focused, market knowledge, understanding of firm culture and history   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

It was an online test with both behavioral questions and numerical questions. The questions were based on the video that's included in the test. You have to watch the video first in order to answer questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

After being rejected by another position for the summer, I got a late call back for this position. The interview was 2 interviews by managers at the company and then an interview with HR. The interview questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to deal with a deal with a difficult peer at work and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

On-site in NYC
    Welcomed into the building, then I rotated through 5 interviews with people in different departments/levels. The HR manager was incredibly helpful and friendly, and they really try to make you feel welcome.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about HSBC and why does that make you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by in office interview in NYC. Group case study with 3 other prospective candidates. Followed by one on one interviews. The process took about 2 months, 3 weeks in between initial and final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why HSBC? Situational behavior fit questions, Short case study   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 2 back-to-back 30-minute On-campus interviews. One of them is mostly behavioural, another one is mostly technical. There were no hard questions. Expect to be asked to pitch a stock.