HSBC Holdings Summer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSBC Holdings Summer Intern Interview Questions

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Interview process took about 3 weeks total. Applied at the end of March and received a call in early April for a phone interview. First round was a 1 on 1 phone interview that consisted of all behavioural questions. After phone interview there was a group interview and another 2 on 1 interview. No technical questions were asked only "fit" type questions and behavioural.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you completed and walk me through the process you followed to complete it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HSBC Holdings

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

First you got to write some essays like why are you interested in HSBC (HSBC highly value the interest you have on working in HSBC) and leadership skills. Then after the application has been accepted, you need to pass a numeric reasoning test. Then a phone interview will be conducted if the test is passed. The phone interview questions varies, sometimes ask behavorial questions, sometimes interested-based questions.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in April 2014.

Interview

1st Interview - On the phone. Asked questions about your experience and why you want the position etc.
    2nd Interview - Group. Written behavioural questions, presentations on how well you think on your feet (random topics), a dragon's den type pitch at the end on a random product they give you.
    3rd Interview - Why you want to work for the department. Technical questions & judging for good fit on their team.

Interview Questions

• Draw a word from an envelope. You have 1 minute to prepare for a 1 minute presentation on the topic   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online
    1st: online reasoning, verbal tests
    2nd: phone interview e.g. Competitors, career goal,what is the most important element in teamwork
    3rd: face to face interview, not yet conducted

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

online platform. numerical and verbal reasoning test

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2014.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks from the time of applying online and getting a call back.
    It was a phone interview.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2013.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview followed by an assessment center. In the assessment center, there was a group discussion session where it is essential to speak up while at the same time, avoid being overly assertive. Be very open to the ideas of everyone and lead the discussion. Need to establish a presence in the group session.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

First round: phone interview: behavior questions
    Second round: group interview: doing group presentations
    third round with department managers: technical

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that is out of your resume   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

First stage is an online application shortly followed by online testing - numerical and reasoning. Then the next stage telephone interview - mainly competency and motivation based. Finally the last stage is an assesment centre which includes a written numerical test, a group exercise, and 2 interviews - one technical/motivation interview and one competency interview.

Interview Questions

• Discuss the causes of the financial crisis. Discuss a time you were unable to keep to a deadline. Why?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HSBC Holdings (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online for the Summer Internship programme in the Singapore office. It included the usual personal details and experience as well as a writeup on why I wanted this experience. There were aptitude tests, which were supposedly the first round of selection. Within 2 weeks I received notice that I had been selected for the next round, which was a face-to-face presentation on a company of my choice--its growth figures, activities and key competitors in the industry.

After giving the presentation on the day itself the interviewer asked about past experiences and situations where I had to handle conflict, or where I faced other kinds of challenges. These were basically to test leadership and teamwork, much like most other similar interviews. I did not receive an internship offer in the end, but my interviewer was generous enough to explain why when I emailed her a few weeks later to thank her again and request for confirmation.